Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Flash

Lost in speed
one way to force fit that into the story is that Anakin died at the end of Episode III, from then on he was Darth Vader, as Obi Wan pointed out and the force ghost was Anakin not Vader (despite Vader finding some kind of redemption in the end)
That's convincing.

With the Synopsis saying "The Force Awakens" is a continuation of the saga set thirty years after SW:ROTJ, what can we expect?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm... the story that just got chucked out as non canon when Disney got Star Wars
was a Yuuzhan Vong invasion, Skywalker has restarted a new Jedi order, has a wife by the name Mara Jade Skywalker, and the Skywalker and Solo clans have grown with a whole bunch of younglings, which would have worked great for the young adult market. This fits in with the timeline perfectly, 30 years after after ROTJ, which is about when TFA is placed. The emperor is not really dead, or is reborn, any way you look at it (there is a hint of this in Episode III). Before the transfer of property and the announcement of the sequel trilogy, this is the story that most fans would have wanted and expected from the franchise.

But the new one, Jedi seem to have a downplayed role, we know there will be a Millenium Falcon, that automatically means Han and Chewie. It has to be the story of a Skywalker, for the whole series to make sense, though there are going to be spin off movies. Whole bunch of new chars, so expect Jedi remnants, maybe Sith, Some storm troopers, some loyalists to both factions, bounty hunters, the trade federation and people looking after their own planets/ interests in the mix. After caesar, gollum and king kong, Andy Serkis is bound to be some species of motion capture primate.

Pretty sure there will be lots of points in common with Star Wars Rebels

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Nah... don't think so, will have to hunt link down but when Disney purchases the franchise, they chucked out the expanded universe as non canon
going by the title, The Force Awakens, it almost feels like the Jedi didn't really return at all

- - - Updated - - -
found the link
Anything about the new movie is pure speculation at this point
But Disney killed LucasArts :( so Is Disney about to destroy the Star Wars Expanded Universe Altogether?
But the official press release keeps the ultimate fate of the current expanded universe unclear
It is unknown whether any of the Star Wars Legends tales (such as stories that occur before or during the films) will be retroactively considered canon under the unified banner.
Disney and Del Rey Announce New ?Unified Canon? for Upcoming Star Wars Expanded Universe Novels | Tor.com

But think that the Yuuzhan Vong invasion won't be a part of the sequel trilogy, because there is no mention of it in any of the rumours or speculations so far

quan chi

mortal kombat
I want to see star wars. Never saw any of them. Kindly tell me which movie to begin from & where to end.

Last edited:

ashs1

Padawan
Has anyone seen the Jeff Dunham ventriloquism acts?? those are amazing..
& Yeah.. Yet to watch star wars and star trek series..
Order of watching pls? :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Has anyone seen the Jeff Dunham ventriloquism acts?? those are amazing..
& Yeah.. Yet to watch star wars and star trek series..
Order of watching pls? :)

I want to see star wars. Never saw any of the movies. Kindly tell me which movie to begin from & where to end.

Oh order of release is Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back, Episode VI : Return of the Jedi, Episode I : The Phantom Menace, Episode II : Attack of the Clones, Episode III : Revenge of the Sith.

Maybe Lucas had did this unconventional approach for artistic reasons, or because he had no idea what he was doing. Either way, it makes the same amount of sense depending on which order you watch it.

chronological order is the episode numbers, TPM, AoTC, RoS, ANH, ESB, RoTJ

To watch the current canon in chronological order
Episode I
Episode II
Star Wars : Clone Wars (TV Series, both seasons together is like one movie, and is often telecast as such)
Star Wars : The Clone Wars (the movie)
Star Wars : The Clone Wars Animated series (It's incomplete, likely to be left incomplete)
Episode III
Star Wars Rebels (Movie)
Star Wars Rebels (TV Series)
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Oh order of release is Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back, Episode VI : Return of the Jedi, Episode I : The Phantom Menace, Episode II : Attack of the Clones, Episode III : Revenge of the Sith.

Maybe Lucas had did this unconventional approach for artistic reasons, or because he had no idea what he was doing. Either way, it makes the same amount of sense depending on which order you watch it.

chronological order is the episode numbers, TPM, AoTC, RoS, ANH, ESB, RoTJ

To watch the current canon in chronological order
Episode I
Episode II
Star Wars : Clone Wars (TV Series, both seasons together is like one movie, and is often telecast as such)
Star Wars : The Clone Wars (the movie)
Star Wars : The Clone Wars Animated series (It's incomplete, likely to be left incomplete)
Episode III
Star Wars Rebels (Movie)
Star Wars Rebels (TV Series)
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI

total size of DL is >70GB :lol:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm gungans are cool
Qui Gon and Darth Maul cool too
Machete order removes Ep I lol, don't agree to those fan's dislike of Prequel Trilogy, especially because the special fx and awesome space battles are much more epic in the prequels

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Can one skip "Star Wars : The Clone Wars Animated series" altogether? Does it contribute to the story? It's incomplete so I guess it can be left anyway?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
lol long time since messa spake in gungan
Boss Nass, the underwater city, Theed and Qui Gon's stone faced epic line "There is always a bigger fish"

actually like it so much because spent too many hours playing Star Wars Episode I : The Phantom Menace, and Episode I Racer. The games are pretty good too. Unfortunately no similar PC titles for the other movies in the prequel trilogy.

mistook the Ernst Rister order for the Machete order because the way the link was worded, yes that order makes sense
for anyone who needs convincing that the prequel trilogy is good too:
5 Things the Star Wars Prequels Did Right

Can one skip "Star Wars : The Clone Wars Animated series" altogether? Does it contribute to the story? It's incomplete so I guess it can be left anyway?
It's incomplete only with respect to the fate of one major character, which was not resolved before Disney got it and canceled it. Otherwise it's actually better than the movies, and much more colorful, and shows the star wars universe more in depth... also lots of stuff for sci-fi fans

total size of DL is >70GB :lol:

uhh... there are a bunch of games too
Good ones for PC are
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
The Force Unleashed
Knights of the Old Republic
Episode I: Racer
Rogue Squadron
The Phantom Menace

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok, thanks.
I have watched Star Wars films but just 2 or 3 of the movies. My target after December exams (after 15 Dec) will be to watch Star Wars completely before year end. :D

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=142062]Flash[/MENTION]: If the order of watching would be like you shown in the pic, they wouldn't have been renamed as such. I think order will be what Anorion suggested.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^the order [MENTION=142062]Flash[/MENTION] suggested makes sense from a narrative stand point, especially for introducing someone to the films, as explained in the link he posted above
it has got nothing to do with how the episodes are ordered, more with what is shown in them

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^the order [MENTION=142062]Flash[/MENTION] suggested makes sense from a narrative stand point, especially for introducing someone to the films, as explained in the link he posted above
it has got nothing to do with how the episodes are ordered, more with what is shown in them

After a bit of research, yes I think Flash's suggestion would have to work. Now just have to insert Animated series and other stuff in between the movies. I will merge Flash's and Anorion's suggestion when I get time and post here my conclusion.

Top Bottom