Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

R2K

In the Zone
Premium Rush (2012) - IMDb - cycle riding can never be this exciting :D A nice film which will keep your adrenaline rushing :D 7.8/10

Yup its a really good movie. But I can't really believe that guy prefers to ride bicycles with no brakes. But it is really impressive how is able to stop the bike by dragging the back wheels at such high speeds if it is even possible in real life.

ashs1

Padawan
Transformers : Age of extinction : 6.5/10

Visual effects, sound effects and background music are the best part of this film. Plot is decent, but the length of the movie was necessarily lengthy.. I found myself yawning a couple of times .
maybe they could've made this movie into 2 parts ( like deathly hallows ), 2h45min is bit too long for my taste..
Mark wahlberg was good, but stanley tucci was the best one,imo...

harry10

Gadgets freak
Premium Rush (2012) - IMDb - cycle riding can never be this exciting :D A nice film which will keep your adrenaline rushing :D 7.8/10

Very good movie. Was apprehensive but then saw the trailer and got hooked. Movies should be like this. Fast paced and to the point without unnecessary stretches. The only thing I didn't liked about Transformers was it's length. 3 hours for an English movies is too much.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Any one watched "The Tree of Life" ? How did you like it ?

I can't really judge it yet, I saw it for 40 mins and had to take a break. I think I was not in the right frame of mind, I guess I'll watch it again soon when I am in the mood.
I've seen Terence Malick's "The Thin Red Line" & loved his visual poetry style, but here I didn't really expect this much.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
It was originally a Must Watch thread. There was some value in following it because it gave some good suggestions. Then people started posting movies with 5/10 ratings with comments like Watch it if you want. Now how is that a Must Watch?! Lately I saw a post recommending Not to watch. Baffling. And by modifying the thread title to suit those people we are giving such behaviour authenticity.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ You can't really do anything about it. That baffling was done a millions time before. Maybe even before you were on this forum. Still thread never could remain a "Must watch thread", but only a movie discussion thread. I am glad thread title is changed for good.

harry10

Gadgets freak
I am glad thread title is changed. Gives a proper perspective now as people will post their opinions nonetheless if the movies is good or bad. Works for me to pick which to watch and which to avoid on that basis.
What is V1?

Flash

Lost in speed
It was originally a Must Watch thread. There was some value in following it because it gave some good suggestions. Then people started posting movies with 5/10 ratings with comments like Watch it if you want. Now how is that a Must Watch?! Lately I saw a post recommending Not to watch. Baffling. And by modifying the thread title to suit those people we are giving such behaviour authenticity.
There were several requests to merge both "Must watch" and "Must not watch" threads together as a "Movie review thread" something like that. But many were against at that time.
So, it was dropped.

Now the thread titles make sense, though we can discuss about "Must not watch" movies too as the thread title is generic.
But people taste differ. One's must watch is another one's must not watch, so we can't do anything about it.

Keep calm and watch all movies...
:mrgreen:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
But people taste differ. One's must watch is another one's must not watch, so we can't do anything about it.

Keep calm and watch all movies...

That is the most sensefull post I have seen in a long time. Not everyone's taste is same. Even the Top movies lists on IMDb is very controversial (Django Unchained before Inglourious Basterds? Many don't agree). Personally I didn't like "The Godfather", but it's number 2 on IMDb Top 250.
Opinions differ. And in case of movies they differ greatly. That's why you can never have a generic thread which lists only "Must Watch" movies. Hence a generic thread where one can discuss about movies in general, and where others can decide if the movie is as per their taste makes more sense.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I know I am being a hypocrite while posting this.

Why not the admin delete all posts from #21074 to #21084 OR create another thread something like "discuss thread validity" and move these posts there ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
What is V1?

I am not sure what is V1. No mod ever cleared it. V1 makes the thread seem like this thread might be closed soon, and released again with another version. But I don't know. As I said, no one made it clear.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I am being a hypocrite while posting this.

Why not the admin delete all posts from #21074 to #21084 OR create another thread something like "discuss thread validity" and move these posts there ?

I can understand your concern. And I agree enough of offtopic posts already. But this discussion needed to be done to satisfy member's curiosity. :p

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ek Villian
I'm still wondering why this movie is hit. It was strictly ok to me.
Our Indian audience taste is sometimes weird.

Top Bottom