Motorola Milestone launching in India on 22nd March!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I see a major drop in the price of Android Phones incoming. Not to mention I hope this is not restricted in anyway. If it is the people are going to stone them to death after forking over that much money.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I definitely agree with that. The hardware on the phone seems to be sick as well. But this brings up the million dollar question?

Is there anything that is going to utilize these kind of specs to at least 75% efficiency?

If not then whats the point. If you are looking for future proofing a phone then you run into a problem. That the phones likely to emerge with future android versions are going to run much better Hardware and likely at a lesser price since the market is now becoming more saturated with these devices.

Last edited:

mobiclue

Broken In
Its the same Droid in US right ? Anyways we are expecting Apple iPhone 3G S, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and Motorola Milestone in India on March.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
The phone is listed on univercell.in for 29,990 /- its for pre-order.. Not released yet..

nimish23

Broken In
Its the same Droid in US right ? Anyways we are expecting Apple iPhone 3G S, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and Motorola Milestone in India on March.

3GS has come to India, but dont think Xperia X10 pro and X10 Mini are coming here anytime soon. Its launching in the UK in April. So its safe to assume a june/july lauch period for the xperia models.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

^^ sorry my bad. mobiclue is correct
Vivaz and X10 are launching in India soon. X10 priced at Rs. 35795. Vivaz is Rs. 25695.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Now launching on 30th? *www.androidos.in/2010/03/motorola-milestone-up-for-pre-order.html

red dragon

Master troll
It is available for 28.5k in kolkata,a friend of mine bought it yesterday,asking price was 29k,we bargained very hard and got it for 28.5k,fiddled for about an hour.Seems to be very fast even with the lower clock speed of the processor,the key pad is not that great but it is usable,sound quality is very good(better than hero and spica),could not test video playback quality.I could not find a proper video player in the android market which can play xvids.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Motorola is back with a Bang. But It should launch a sub 20k Android phone in the market soon like Samsung Spica or LG GW 630. Can't afford 30 k yet. Waiting for the price drop or new launches from Moto. Dying to get hands on the new Moto. Everything else is No Match.

red dragon

Master troll
The Milestone hardply packs a punch now with the plethora of superior devices in the fray.
I beg to differ mate,milestone is probably a better option than x10.X10 is probably the most over hyped phone today.SE is legendary in delaying updates,so forget about eclair for next six months at least.Milestone on the other hand came with 2.1 in India and it is a good 5-6k cheaper than x10.Milestone is probably the best android device available in Indian market at present(BTW overclocked milestone procy to 800 mhz and it is even faster without much difference in battery performance)

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Motorola is back with a Bang. But It should launch a sub 20k Android phone in the market soon like Samsung Spica or LG GW 630. Can't afford 30 k yet. Waiting for the price drop or new launches from Moto. Dying to get hands on the new Moto. Everything else is No Match.
Available for 25.5k in grey market kolkata.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
5k Cheaper?? Have you gone bonkers. I got my X10 for 30.1k while the Milestone is only 1k less. The X10 is leaps and bounds above the Milestone in everything. I tried the QWERTY, very uncomfortable. The Desire is also a better choice than the Milestone. Check some user reviews of the Milestone, you wont be pleased. Oh, Does Moto have any service stations left in india? last heard you had to fly to sngapore to get a phone fixed.

red dragon

Master troll
5k Cheaper?? Have you gone bonkers. I got my X10 for 30.1k while the Milestone is only 1k less. The X10 is leaps and bounds above the Milestone in everything. I tried the QWERTY, very uncomfortable. The Desire is also a better choice than the Milestone. Check some user reviews of the Milestone, you wont be pleased. Oh, Does Moto have any service stations left in india? last heard you had to fly to sngapore to get a phone fixed.
Here in kolkata they are selling it for 33.5k and milestone for 28.5k.Is desire available in India?Come on dont be so harsh!!Moto has service stations in India.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
May be am a rank outsider in this discussion but Milestone def. has an edge. Love its sharp industrial design and that Android 2.1! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom