Motorola Milestone launching in India on 22nd March!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Ohh..btw.. I am from kolkata too.. ;) And I got mine for 30.1k. I have some insiders at the SE distributors tho. :p

X10 on the way. Asked my Uncle in Sweden to get me one. Cant wait.!! :grin:
So you got one from Sweden and one that you bought here ??
Ever used the Satio?? Every s60 phone has been removed at at some time or the other. I have the satio and its a gem of a phone IMO. But if yu dont need the xenon, i suggest you go for the Vivaz. 21k and a stellar buy.
Looks like you own a satio too and from your review earlier a C905 as well.
You own a SE dealership or what?? :p

I agree with the rest, that X10 is an over hyped phone, as a matter of fact most of the SE phones are overhyped IMO

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think SE have the coolest UI's of all....U people agree or not is a personal factor

Yup I agree the starting price of SE mobile is too much but price settle down in a months time..then they r much better:smile:

I dont think that milestone is targeted for multimedia phones...it looks more of a business(professional) phone to me...

X10 is a purely multimedia phone with everything focused for social networking,Cam and music..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@sriharsha- My Uncle had to cancel his trip to India over some personal problems. I ought mine for myself. Yea, I change phones every year and get good returns for my 2nd hand stuff. And lets not get too carried away with SE here, music+camera=SE,HTC stil has a long way to go. I like the UI a lot, i would rather tweet,change statuses,sms,blah blah from timsescape than move around apps.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Well, if you had tried the X10, you wouldn't have said that the only thing worthwhile in the whole thing are the "scapes". The UI has been overhauled..in fact, why dont you try it out?
Actually since you came up with that I doubt that you have used the X10 enough or actually have one. Whether you like it or not the most critical elements in the user experience is the "Scapes." Anything else "User Experience" packs in is merely a feature thats most Android 2.0 Users have access to. Otherwise please point me to the overhaul you mention of. Go to any review , comparison or site and you will see that when people deal with reviewing the interface the first two things that get mention is the Scapes. Personally I don't see anything ground breaking other than that or perhaps its looks. So if you find Timescape and Mediascape or looks dictating your demands for the phone that is great. Its a suitable choice. Or another reason to buy the X10 could possibly be what Sujoyp said.
I think SE have the coolest UI's of all....U people agree or not is a personal factor
The look factor is definitely good! If you want something to flaunt around then definitely you should go with the X10.

Other than this I don't see where you come up with facts like htc is Resource Hungry , Update incoming in some month, Sense's media Player is Fuzzy etc.
Guys here who are defending the Nexus1?? Have you ever set your hands on it?
Have you? I have and as a matter of fact what if I told you that in my household I have access to a X10, One, htc Magic and a Nokia N72.
X10 is a purely multimedia phone with everything focused for social networking,Cam and music..
Exactly, why I said the Scapes are an Integral part of the phone. But amazingly I can't believe no one actually knows or has not posted the actual advantage of the X10.

Does anyone know that it has one of the biggest screens on the market. Its dimensions surpass that of any htc / Motorola phone in the market I believe.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Really,.3 inches dont make much of a difference to me. Its a matter of taste. In India, the Timescape isnt too viable given the high data rates in this part of the world. I have set the option to update daily rather than hourly. If you have access to an X10, i suggest you put both the Mediascape and the Sense Music player side by side and compare. Let me know which one you find better.
And btw, the greatest advantage of the X10 is the brilliant cam more than anything. I would put up a few samples when i have time.
And Filledvoid- SE have made a lot of tweaks to the UI that goes well beyond the Scapes. Anyways, lets not get overboard here, all handsets are good, its only how you perceive them.

*www.intomobile.com/2010/04/02/droi...d-2-1-os-update-slows-graphic-processing.html

Oh btw, have a look.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Yes, as far as multimedia hardware is concerned, yes, X10 is quite a bit ahead :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The X10 is ding well for itself. :)

*www.unwiredview.com/2010/04/01/japanese-customers-seem-to-really-want-the-sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ So? At least Moto has a 2.1 update out! Bugs/regressions etc can be fixed!

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Timescape isnt too viable given the high data rates in this part of the world. I have set the option to update daily rather than hourly. If you have access to an X10, i suggest you put both the Mediascape and the Sense Music player side by side and compare. Let me know which one you find better.
Definitely the scapes are in their own fine boat , otherwise they wouldn't be received as well as it is. Sense goes a bit beyond the applications if you ask me, but as you said that might just be my opinion.
And btw, the greatest advantage of the X10 is the brilliant cam more than anything. I would put up a few samples when i have time.
This I absolutely agree with. Id rather lug this around than the sub par camera I have. Should be getting a new one though.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I'm going to buy a phone next month. And will be asking u guys only for suggestions. And as always you guys will make me confuse.

So, please, fight how much you want and finish it within this month. Come to a conclusion about the best phone in 35K budget.

I'm going to buy dat :-D

red dragon

Master troll
[

Does anyone know that it has one of the biggest screens on the market. Its dimensions surpass that of any htc / Motorola phone in the market I believe.[/QUOTE]

No, it is not the biggest,the biggest is htc hd2,4.3 inch,and for a mobile phone even 0.3 inches does matter.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Guys here who are defending the Nexus1?? Have you ever set your hands on it?

Yes mate I have,though officially not launched in India,it is available here,even in Kolkata,except for the slightly inferior sound quality it is a brilliant piece of work,and all those rumors about the built quality is baseless.

red dragon

Master troll
I'm going to buy a phone next month. And will be asking u guys only for suggestions. And as always you guys will make me confuse.

So, please, fight how much you want and finish it within this month. Come to a conclusion about the best phone in 35K budget.

I'm going to buy dat :-D

HTC HD2 period.you will not even realize it is running winmo 6.5,I know people will start ranting about winmo7,but you have xda for that.
Android is still maturing,symbian with touch interface is crap.So only logical options are HD2 and err.. 3GS.When you are spending >30k on a mobile,do not even think of X10,it is purely overrated.

Like i said.. The link is for Droid.. Droid can be overclocked.. Milestone cannot.. (AFAIK)..

No sir!It is for milestone also,you just root it with the droid method.You can take a look at motorolafans.com also.the problem with o.c is wi-fi may not work.Here is the link to root,
*www.motorolafans.com/forums/motorola-milestone/29440-root-milestone-users-we-have-root.html

sujoyp

Grand Master
HTC HD2 period.you will not even realize it is running winmo 6.5,I know people will start ranting about winmo7,but you have xda for that.
Android is still maturing,symbian with touch interface is crap.So only logical options are HD2 and err.. 3GS.When you are spending >30k on a mobile,do not even think of X10,it is purely overrated.

what a crap:x HD2 dont have win7 but its ok and X10 dont have andoid 2.1 soo its bad and overrated....

Tell me for a last time y do u think X10 is overrated...compare it to iphone,n900,HD2,milestone

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
'm going to buy a phone next month. And will be asking u guys only for suggestions. And as always you guys will make me confuse.

I'm going to buy dat
If you are the saving type who wouldn't mind saving a bit f money I would wait it out. Lets face it, its raining smart phones. Personally I see the prices of all these phones going down quite fast. But thats only an assumption. Personally Id wait for the Desire to come out here and see what the prices are then. Kalpik has been pulling his hair off waiting for the Desire as well. When you buy a phone you might want to look for the key characteristics that you are bound to use alot.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
^^ which key characteristics...what new is comming
Well look at it this way if you use your Phone as a Media Player then you should go for a phone which obviously works out for you in that area rather than buying what I think is best. You should buy what suits you. I'm more of a functionality freak. I guess thats why I love htc Sense alot and enjoy using their phones. You are bound to find people with a different opinion but in the end its me who is going to use the phone.

Ultimately when you spend the kind of money rhitwick wants to for a phone you better get something that justifies investment from his viewpoint and not mine. Otherwise you won't live it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom