Motorola Milestone launching in India on 22nd March!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Well, my cousin's frnd runs a shot in Ultadanga.. Got it from there at Wholesale rates. :D

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

May be am a rank outsider in this discussion but Milestone def. has an edge. Love its sharp industrial design and that Android 2.1! :)

The X10 has been voted the best looking android phone in the market. The 2.1 isnt much to be rampnt about, seems like the 2.1 update isnt what the users hoped for. Too many bugs. The X10 has everything covered over the Milestone anyway. In fact, SE have introduced certain bluetooth profiles in the X10 by which i can connect the X10 over bluetooth to my car using the MH600. Milestone lags. :D

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
US smartphone request for 2009: Android vs iPhone OS

*img543.imageshack.us/img543/9923/admobus2009s.th.png

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I too love the milestone design..looks very smart...donno abt its handling although
*img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/motorola/motorola-milestone-1.jpg
but its true that service of motorola in india is a real problem...if I am to spend 29-30k I would definitely spend on company with good after sales support both hardware and software wise

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Care to explain why? Oh is it just one of your whims?:rolleyes:
1. Android 1.6.. Common Sony what were you thinking? :/
2. Sony's customization of Android is a joke.. (Only successful custom skin for Android is Sense from HTC).
3. No concrete timeline given by Sony for 2.1 update.
4. Less RAM than Desire/Nexus One.
5. No replaceable battery (i've heard.. not sure)
6. No dedicated Android buttons (search etc).
7. 65k colors (cause of Android 1.6), which leads to color banding.
8. TFT Screen as compared to AMOLED of Nexus One/Droid.
9. "Personal" reason: the phone is made by Sony :/

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
2. Sony's customization of Android is a joke.. (Only successful custom skin for Android is Sense from HTC).

1)I am sure you have much idea about the difference between the two builds and the things SE have implemented to the core to make 1.6 as usable as the 2.1 build.
2)Are you kidding me? X10 has the best media player among all android phones. I have the X10 and its the best thing I have ever used. Its extremely fast,manages all data under a single hood. By ll, i mean all.music,photos,blah blah...
3)X10 will ship in the US by july with Android 2.0. Confirmed.
4) You being a mod here should know that its optimization that matters..RAM doesn't. Just proves how the Nexus is such a poor phone. With a plethora of Random memory, still lags.
5)Well..you heard wrond.1500mah battery..has more juice under the hood than the HtCs.
6)Well,i have a widget for that.
7)has one of the best screens in the business. Is 16M ready, will be implemented when upgraded.
8)Dude.. you seriously need to get your facts straight.. Or MOTO has deviced a new phone for you with AMOLED display. About the Nexus10, its interpolated to support 16M colors... Will link it later.
9) Thats more like it. :D

I am simply loving my X10 though. Dont give a crap what others think. Since most of you dont like it.. i wont care for a review either. Cheerio!!

red dragon

Master troll
Why do you call nexus a poor phone?I have used it for a very brief period though, it seemed extremely fast and fluid even with all those bells and whistles.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

1)I am sure you have much idea about the difference between the two builds and the things SE have implemented to the core to make 1.6 as usable as the 2.1 build.
Lol! That's like saying XP can be modded to be as usable and functional as Windows 7 :/
2)Are you kidding me? X10 has the best media player among all android phones. I have the X10 and its the best thing I have ever used. Its extremely fast,manages all data under a single hood. By ll, i mean all.music,photos,blah blah...
Please.. Nothing compares to Sense.. No questions about it..
3)X10 will ship in the US by july with Android 2.0. Confirmed.
That's news to me! Still look at the crap Sony pulls! Only 2.0.. Why not 2.1? :/
4) You being a mod here should know that its optimization that matters..RAM doesn't. Just proves how the Nexus is such a poor phone. With a plethora of Random memory, still lags.
This makes no sense to me (being a MOD here or not, not that i know how it should help in me understanding this :/).. And Desire does not lag even a bit..
5)Well..you heard wrond.1500mah battery..has more juice under the hood than the HtCs.
Great!
6)Well,i have a widget for that.
So my point still stands..
7)has one of the best screens in the business. Is 16M ready, will be implemented when upgraded.
"When" upgraded.. There.. I rest my case..
8)Dude.. you seriously need to get your facts straight.. Or MOTO has deviced a new phone for you with AMOLED display. About the Nexus10, its interpolated to support 16M colors... Will link it later.
Yes, i know about it, but still the Nexus/Desire screen looks sooooo much yummier!
9) Thats more like it. :D
:D
I am simply loving my X10 though. Dont give a crap what others think. Since most of you dont like it.. i wont care for a review either. Cheerio!!
Amen to that! Didn't mean to belittle your choice and decision! Enjoy your buy :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Guys here who are defending the Nexus1?? Have you ever set your hands on it? About the Desire. Has it been launched in India yet? How can you say it doesnt lag?.. Newaz.. as kalpik rightly suggested..everyone has a taste of their own..I would rather have the X10 with a better cam and great looks with all bells and whistles than the Desire which isnt superior by any means.
About the N1. Please check a few consumer forums..I would say Vodafone UK,Google forums and check out the number of grievances posted by the users. I wont bother myself with a link.

prakashr85

Journeyman
Here are a small comparison of New Motorola XT720 and Xperia x10

1. HDMI port to connect directly to HDTV
2. 8MP with Xenon Flash
3. Capture 720p HD videos
4. Lot of Modding Support from motofan.ru in future
5. Edge class 12, bluetooth v2.1 +EDR (x10 v2.0+EDR and class 10 edge)
6. Assisted GPS with powerful internal antenna (x10 has no powerful int. ant.)

Waiting for this device to be launched in india.

*newtechproductsreview.blogspot.com/2010/03/comparison-of-motorola-motoroi-xt720.html

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
So I was thinking what the hell might as well do a comparision since none of you neenies link any of your facts with references.

First of all did you buy the Sony X10, X10 Mini or Mini Pro ? Are all these models even available here in India. Just curious

Milestone: Android OS, v2 (Eclair)
All X10's : Android OS 1.6

Are there any kind of Enhancements that Sony has done to give 1.6 the features in 2.0? Cause I couldn't find any unless we are talking about something like Timescape or Mediascape? Id put those under the skin category which Sony calls UX (User Experience) I believe?

Personally I would stick to htc Sense if a vote we're put through but I guess if you value or weigh Timescape and Mediascape which is pretty much all that there is from what I understand thats worthwhile in User Experience. Aren't the rest some features which are supposed to be in Android 2.0 OS?

Thats nice if theres a 2.0 update planned. The only problem is you'll be found lagging behind everyone in the case of apps and features. In other words you'll be on 1.6 when alot of folks are focusing on 2.0 and 2.0 when others work on 2.1.

And lets take a look at where that 640 KB of memory is enough line got us today. Theres only a wee amount of optimization you can do before you run out of it.

Milestone: 133 MB storage + 256 MB?
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini pro: 128MB
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini: 128MB
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10: 1 GB storage, 384 MB RAM
Nexus One : 512MB RAM, 512MB ROM
htc Desire : 576 MB RAM; 512 MB ROM

This be true the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 definitely has more power under the hood.

Sony Ericsson X10's definitely lack that as stated above.

Milestone: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini pro: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 65K colors

I'd still like to see a confirmed source stating the timeline for release of the upgrade . Although that definitely would solve the resolution issues.

htc Desire: AMOLED 480 x 800 pixels, 3.7 inches
Milestone: 480 x 854 pixels, 3.7 inches
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini pro: 240 x 320 pixels, 2.55 inches
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini: 240 x 320 pixels, 2.55 inches
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10: 480 x 854 pixels, 4.0 inches
Nexus One : AMOLED 480 x 800 pixels, 3.7 inches

rofl! I don't mind having a Sony Ericsson but I doubt Id not pick a Desire or Nexus One over it. Not to mention that when you put forth that kind of dough to buy any phone you better make a choice which keeps the phone going for a couple of upgrades. Considering the plethora of phones available would I choose a X10 or a Milestone for that matter. Nope, I don't see that happening. Either way I was just stating my opinion.

Cheers.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@FilledVoid-If you read through my posts. I HAVE the X10.
SE has a made f ew obvious enhancements when it comes to its skinned UI. Bluetooth profiles,A2dp are included,so is exchange support..blah blah..In fact the only thing missing is live wallpapers.
Umm..Timescape and Mediascape aren't actually the UI..They are Apps which can be tweaked by developers. The SDK of the same has been released a while back. The whole UI has been modified to suit the user. The "Sense" doesnt make much Sense when it comes to the media player. Its downright fuzzy.Mediascape is an outright winner.

Timescape,well, its not only about social netowrking..it lists everything you have done with your phone over a given timeline, that includes pics,music,smses,etc etc.. In fact it auto recognizes faces and autotags pics to the concerned's profile.

I really dont see the need for dedicated buttons here. You can obviously change the buttons to act to your discretion.

Well,Kinda proves that the HTC is more resource hungry than the X10. Lets not get overboard with the lag issue. I am the one with the X10 and you guys havent exactly used this baby. So leave your comments when you actually use one.

Anyways, hopefully I have stated my cause.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
@FilledVoid-If you read through my posts. I HAVE the X10.
I understand but my question for references was merely to point me in the right direction not to show your facts we're incorrect in any manner.
SE has a made f ew obvious enhancements when it comes to its skinned UI. Bluetooth profiles,A2dp are included,so is exchange support..blah blah..In fact the only thing missing is live wallpapers.
Yes as a matter of fact its one of the pluses of the phone. However what I was asking was if the features other than Timescape and Mediascape we're actually Android 2.0 features. For example check out *developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.0-highlights.html . This is why I especially said " Personally I would stick to htc Sense if a vote we're put through but I guess if you value or weigh Timescape and Mediascape which is pretty much all that there is from what I understand thats worthwhile in User Experience"
The "Sense" doesnt make much Sense when it comes to the media player. Its downright fuzzy.Mediascape is an outright winner.
I'm not sure if I understood what you meant by this? If you clarify I could probably clear that up.
Timescape,well, its not only about social netowrking..it lists everything you have done with your phone over a given timeline, that includes pics,music,smses,etc etc.. In fact it auto recognizes faces and autotags pics to the concerned's profile.
Yes that's what Timescape does. Its pulls quite alot of information than the others if I am correct. I believe this would include smses, Phone calls, emails, Social networking etc all into one. Here comes the curve ball though. Regardless of whether you use Friendstream, Happenings or Timescape if you happen to be a frequent social networker than NONE of these applications are upto par. Simply because of the lack of customization you can do to any of them. Not a single one of these nitwits actually thought of prioritizing the feeds. Correct me if I'm wrong here. Is there any bloody feature on any of these software which allows for prioritizing?
I really dont see the need for dedicated buttons here. You can obviously change the buttons to act to your discretion.
Its just a mere convenience thing I guess. Some would prefer to have it although most wouldn't mind its absence as well.
Well,Kinda proves that the HTC is more resource hungry than the X10. Lets not get overboard with the lag issue.
I'm not sure if I misunderstood or if you mistook what I said. What exactly shows that htc is resource hungry? On the contrary doesn't it actually show that it is more resourceful? After all its coming out with 2.0 and possibly a 2.1 upgrade while X10 is still stuck on 1.6.

Also I never said the phone lagged. What I did say is that while 90% of the developers work on applications for a platform based on 2.0 you will have to be stuck with applications for 1.6 . Regardless of what changes Sony made you only end up with whatever applications the Market/Sources provide you.

Also Id appreciate if you link me to the source of the update for 2.0 timeline. It definitely is something blog worthy which I would love to write about it.

I am the one with the X10 and you guys havent exactly used this baby. So leave your comments when you actually use one.
At the risk of sounding rude, How sure are you that I do not have/used/or played around with a X10 ?
Anyways, hopefully I have stated my cause.
I never was putting you in the spot. Was just merely discussing the phones pluses and minuses. Im quite a fan of the Android OS and always actively take part in its discussions :) . But there's no reason for you to feel that you need to defend your purchase. Personally I think you should put up a review in the Android thread or some other new thread so it could help others , but thats just my opinion.

Cheers

I thought the milestone cannot be overclocked! Link to how you did this?
You couldn't, I believe that's because it required you to have a custom ROM and its locked down pretty bad. However the US Droid version can be overclocked.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Well, if you had tried the X10, you wouldn't have said that the only thing worthwhile in the whole thing are the "scapes". The UI has been overhauled..in fact, why dont you try it out?

*www.sonyericsson.com/trythephone/x10/

OP
kalpik

kalpik

OMG!!!!! Timescape is soooo weird! Its unusable! And the UI.. Well, i don't like it at all :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom