Motorola Milestone launching in India on 22nd March!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav123

Thinking Different
Just FYI for those still thinking whether to go for milestone or not, Droid, the CDMA version of Milestone was adjudged the phone and device of the year by Engadget.

*www.engadget.com/2010/02/22/the-winners-of-the-2009-engadget-awards/

Now, that should calm the debators a little.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Engadget and its awards. Meh..

theres a guy in M-R who upgraded to the X10 from the Milestone and heres what he has to say:-

*forum2.mobile-review.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=87891

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
*www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-c...-best-mobile-phones-in-the-world-today-645440

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

theres a guy in M-R who upgraded to the X10 from the Milestone and heres what he has to say:-

*forum2.mobile-review.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=87891
Yeah.. From this VERY same link:
A few interesting further points on the X10, if you delete an e mail it does not delete the equivalent Timescape tile so you have to go & manual delete it yourself which is a bit annoying. If it can add tiles automatically why not delete them automatically?

I have also noticed certain apps that were available on my Milestone are not available on my X10, I assume this is something to do with the lower Android version.

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

The very first post:
Initial thoughts.

It's faster in all ways than my Milestone, everything from start-up/shut down to moving about is much more rapid.

Build quality is good, no squeaks or obvious build issues. Materials used are good. Not quite as solid as my 3GS or Milestone, but still pleasant to use.

Screen response faster than my Milestone, on a par with my 3GS. Screen accuracy is much better than my Milestone but not quite up with my 3GS.

Call quality, neither as loud or good quality as my Milestone, slightly better than my 3GS. But too quiet for my liking, but if you try putting the volume up to max you get buzzing in the earphone on the phone. The actual phone loudspeaker is sufficient. Signal lock is not bad, slight improvement over my 3GS.

I have so far found Mediascape & Tmescape rather odd after using raw Android.

Screen is good quality once your turn off the auto-brightness, with that on the screen is far too dull for me. Wouldn't guess it was only 65K colours.

Phone size is OK, extra screen real estate is welcome to me.

I really don't know what your point is! It just proves that milestone is a better phone!

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Huh? I really dont get you. The X10 is faster and way more responsive than the Milestone, which runs vanilla Android and should cope with data a lot faster than the patched UI of the X10. If it doesnt, proves Moto's undoing in the software department.
Anyways, will post a video soon of my X10 in the review thread. :D

OP
kalpik

kalpik

^^ Faster, ofc! It has a 1Ghz processor, and Milestone has 550 Mhz.. The guy also says all your scapes are "odd".. Just like i said they totally suck..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
How convenient. :D
The guy said that the scapes are "odd" coming from the Vanilla UI in the Milestone. I am sure he will get used to it. There are a lot out there who digg the scapes and you hating it wont make a difference..sadly(I hope it could..).
Also, the fact of the matter is, he said so with the phone in his hand, you are saying so without having much hands-on with the dummy. :D

Anyways, My review coming up.Would try to make it as un-biased as possible. Feel free to contradict my reasons wherever you feel the need.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

A *very* genuine and impartial review of X10: *www.slashphone.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-review-138948

sachitgul

Journeyman
In the wrap up, we’ve got to say that the X10 isn’t what we thought it was going to be. Instead, it looks like Sony Ericsson gave Android a valiant effort, but it’s just not up to the task. And, while we wish we didn’t have to compare it to the other Android-based devices on the market, we do, and the X10 just doesn’t cut it. When you look at the handset from SE, and you’re faced with a decision to choose either the Nexus One, HTC Desire, or even the upcoming HTC Incredible, there’s no reason we can see why you’d choose the X10. Even the 4-inch screen, when compared to those device’s 3.7-inches is trumped by the fact that those handsets have an AMOLED display, and not just the normal LCD. As for devices that are still coming down the pipe, you’ve got Samsung’s Galaxy S (with it’s 4-inch Super AMOLED display, and fastest processor on the market), and Sprint’s upcoming HTC EVO 4G (with a 4.3-inch LCD display), it looks to us that the X10 just doesn’t have what it takes to prevail. Sadly, that won’t change when the XPERIA-branded device gets upgraded to Android 2.1 later this year.

very true..
:D

HTC Desire so owns the X10

sourav123

Thinking Different
[/url]

Now, you really sound like an idiot. Did you ever care to read that article? It says Milestone is not only the best in Editors category but in Readers category as well. I am sure you will now say, "Engadget readers? Meh." Wasn't it you on some other thread who said Engadget are Apple lickers? and now magically they are Motorola lickers I guess?

It really pisses me off when people just defend their views blindly. Believe me, that makes you look like a clown. ;)

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Between HTC Desire and SE Xperia X10
*www.gizmag.com/review-htc-desire-vs-sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/14885/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom