motorola defy or htc wildfire s

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
is that mean Defy will support Android 2.3 or CryogenMod 7?

there is nothing like non-supporting in Android other than H/W restrictions. all one needs is sufficient ROM (for android files) & programming skills (to make some other rom work on a different mobile). now i don't own a Defy so don't know what roms are available but with Optimus One, (a tweaked port of) CryogenMod7 works fine. and DEVs cooked Android 2.3 roms out of it (removing the cryogen codes).

so CM7 & Android 2.3 should work just fine for Defy. and i guess it already have 2.3 roms.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
darn... here I was thinking it was cyanogenmod... or are you guys talking of installing the defy version of android on another phone, and expect it to work better?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
why the list is so short? let me add a few more insult to Ace

1. SLOW GPU (SGX530 beats Adreno200 easily)
2. SLOW PROCCY
3. LOW BUILD QUALITY (waterproof, gorilla glass)
4. LESS RAM
5. BAD LOOKS (not an IPhone clone)
6. SMALL BATTERY
7. LESS INTERNAL MEMORY

LOL I know, it even feels weird to look at.

I mean i find iPhones front a bit bland, almost ugly, too much blac, screen aspect ratio is screwed up.

IMO best screen aspect ratio is of 800x480 and 960x540 (aka 16:9)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
What is Cryogenmod7? Is it available for O1? Is it better?

hmmm, are you sure you asking for this?

darn... here I was thinking it was cyanogenmod... or are you guys talking of installing the defy version of android on another phone, and expect it to work better?

nope. i was talking about the port. Cryogen Cyanogen team makes this rom only for a few selected mobiles. for the rest only option is to port.

and as i expected, Defy doesn't have one. so someone ported CM7 for Defy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom