Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadkiss 009

I like to FIFA
Tired of waiting for Moto G. One friend of mine is even saying it wouldn't come at all. Anyway can u guys tell me whether Panasonic P51 would still be a wise choice for Rs 14,500/- . Is it still a close contestant for Moto G at this pricepoint ??

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Will Optimus G get kitkat and later OS updates? At least, has it been updated to Jelly Bean yet?

It's on 4.1.2 now. Don't know abt the updates. but there is officia CM 11 for this. Also at that price I don't care abt updates as I already have Nexus 4.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It's on 4.1.2 now. Don't know abt the updates. but there is officia CM 11 for this. Also at that price I don't care abt updates as I already have Nexus 4.

Do post the review and pics as soon as it arrives. So, should I wait for moto g or wait for another deal like that for optimus g e970?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Here

Don't wait & get this. Check PM for coupon.

No pics updated by the seller :( not sure about it. though the item code is the same as in the expired offer.
Warranty is not a concern unless the phone is DOA which will be really bad. I'll root and flash kitkat on it anyways.

its obviously better than moto g.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
No pics updated by the seller :( not sure about it. though the item code is the same as in the expired offer.
Warranty is not a concern unless the phone is DOA which will be really bad. I'll root and flash kitkat on it anyways.

its obviously better than moto g.

I2c world never gives pictures in their listings... See the ebay.com listing for all info... Anyways don't worry.. Many people already ordered from him including me... Relax and get it. Few stocks are remaining.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
lol goodbye moto ..
hello Lenovo G :p

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technolog...torola-devices-units-lenovo-2-91-billion.html

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
lol goodbye moto ..
hello Lenovo G :p

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technolog...torola-devices-units-lenovo-2-91-billion.html

Bye bye moto. For once I thought Google/motorola were doing good bringing a good phone at an affordable price in india, but I don't think they will do it at all :(.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Bye bye moto. For once I thought Google/motorola were doing good bringing a good phone at an affordable price in india, but I don't think they will do it at all :(.

hmm.. they haven't launched yet so how much affordable it really is remains to be seen..

i wish nokia had bought moto instead of Lenovo... now we will have mediatek based phones by motorola/Lenovo... loosing google support is a big let down .. especially for those who were expecting good updates from moto/google..

funskar

Padawan
Get optimus g from here after applying this coupon

LG Optimus G E970 - 16GB (Unlocked ) FOR 11.5K

Apply Coupon - STERLING08

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
^^
I am sad that officially there will not be a Nexus from Moto. But the X and G did really got and brought attention of consumers and manufacturers alike, as much as a Nexus phone. I wish Motorola does not lose its legacy. Lenovo has done good with the IBM PC division, though they have interfered with some core features of the ThinkPad brand. They have also acquired part of IBM servers this month. So, a capable hand only, but is it good for Motorola and us, remains to be seen.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Now no Moto G discussions pls. Motorola is itself sold.

Google has announced the deal. Finalizing the deal will take upward of 6months. Even then Motorola most likely will exist as a separate company (subsidiary) of Lenovo. If Lenovo decides to poke its nose into altering Motorola phones, add 2 more year (thats the time it took Google to out Moto X & G). And after selling out such a massive amount, Lenovo will most likely continue in the Moto track of selling mobiles with stock android but with a bit of higher pricing if it want to become a global leader (targeting US market) rather than throwing Mediatek junk and its own nonsense UI into the Motorola brand.

So stop exaggerating this whole thing. Motorola will remain as it is at least for another couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom