Mirror's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbuu

Broken In
/just installed this game on ma frenz system (with 9800 gt) . the gfx is amazing and its really smooth @ max setings. with phyx enabled the games phyx rocks. i am feelin sorry 4 all u guys who bought ATI cards. they are missin a lot....... hehe. and mirrors edge is just da beginning.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
i am feelin sorry 4 all u guys who bought ATI cards. they are missin a lot....... hehe. and mirrors edge is just da beginning.
Pray, I have played games which render physics effects better than this game. Try Stranglehold or GTA IV. Both Havok & Euphoria's physics can whoop Nvidia's PhysX rear end by a long shot. Nothing major that I seem to be missing out in this game.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^the game looks challenging and intuitive :D Good optimization too.

Am getting it :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Very optimised, I would say. Dice has done a very good job in porting it across. Much like EA Redwood did for Dead Space. Just remember to patch the game to V.1.0.1 & also disable PhysX.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Yeah Dead Space too was well optimized :p And so are the requirements of F.E.A.R. 2. I like when games come up with decent requirements.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin is built on the same engine as it's previous installment, Jupiter EX. I would never go by the minimum/recommended specs that they announce these days. Play it to believe it is the new mantra. ;)

The graphics, at least from the screenshots look same as what I have on PS3.
@ethan,yeah the game is very tough. I thought I'd post this but then thought that it could be different on PC. Combat is tough as hell!

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The screenshots are always pathetic as opposed to the true in-game visuals. Anyway it doesn't matter as long as the game works fine. I find it confusing at times without any proper navigational system. Guess I have got so used to relying on a mini-map that I feel lost without it. :D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Well the game is great. Reached Chapter 3. Faith breaks down to a walk and thus I cant jump :( I know how to fix the problem so I am doing it :D.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Can anybody tell me as to where its res. in the settings file i.e. where are the display settings? Coz my LCD TV, screen goes blank but Audio is audible so as usual its a resolution problem, just tell me where's the file to change it?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Can anybody tell me as to where its res. in the settings file i.e. where are the display settings? Coz my LCD TV, screen goes blank but Audio is audible so as usual its a resolution problem, just tell me where's the file to change it?
That would be in C:\Documents and Settings\*USER NAME*\My Documents\EA Games\Mirror's Edge\TdGame\Config

Pick the TdEngine.ini file & modify the line which states: ResX & ResY to your custom resolution. Save the file & exit.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well the game is great. Reached Chapter 3. Faith breaks down to a walk and thus I cant jump :( I know how to fix the problem so I am doing it :D.
Me too stuck at that point, please illuminate me on this problem's solution. :confused:
@Offtopic: When is Mafia 2 and Godfather 2 coming out ?

Batayo bhai log jaldi, ladki ulti tangi hui hai ;) :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom