Mirror's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys I'm having some problem with this game.

In the first chapter when Faith's sis is caught and Faith is asked to run; I did all the way, escaped the helicopter, entered the building and got in to a lift. And the game started loading and brought me to main menu.
When I select continue game I again get the helicopter chasing me. For two days I'm playing the same level. Now I'm pissed off.

Koi batao yaar kaya probs hai...

C2Q 6600
4GB RAM (3.2 GB used :mrgreen:)
EVGA 8800GT
Though in some places the game is becoming very slow. Is my config outdated already??:-?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Update the game with the latest patch. Your config is more than sufficient to play the game. For the random slow downs, make sure you disable PhysX from the game's setting menu.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dude, its not working.
Updated patch.
A few sec. it worked but then it started dragging. I switched off Physx and now its smooth.

But, to get across that level I had to start a new game. Went till Faith needs to escape that helicopter in the cannal. Entered the room. turned off the water from ceiling. Now, the very moment I jump and grab the pipes above d game brings me to main menu.
I do a continue game and voila!! again dat fcuking helicopter chase.
I'm tired of playing d same level.
Kaya karu? Going to try again. if it acts same, I'm gonna un-install.:x

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
That's odd. I had zero issues whatsoever. Since you have uninstalled it, no use trying to work a solution out. Let me know if you want to get back into it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am stuck in chapter 3 in the place where have to do wall run from Yellow portable generator and do 180 turn-jump and catch the hegde. Can anyone help me out here. Not able to get the wall run properly.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Dude, its not working.
Updated patch.
A few sec. it worked but then it started dragging. I switched off Physx and now its smooth.

But, to get across that level I had to start a new game. Went till Faith needs to escape that helicopter in the cannal. Entered the room. turned off the water from ceiling. Now, the very moment I jump and grab the pipes above d game brings me to main menu.
I do a continue game and voila!! again dat fcuking helicopter chase.
I'm tired of playing d same level.
Kaya karu? Going to try again. if it acts same, I'm gonna un-install.:x

Install the latest patch. I too had the same problem but at a different level. Patch 1.0.1 fixed these issues.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Install the latest patch. I too had the same problem but at a different level. Patch 1.0.1 fixed these issues.
No, it doesn't. I did install the latest patch (1.01) this is the name of the file "mirrors_edge_patch_101.exe".

Now, I'm playing "Sands of Time" :-D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I am stuck in chapter 3 in the place where have to do wall run from Yellow portable generator and do 180 turn-jump and catch the hegde. Can anyone help me out here. Not able to get the wall run properly.
This is a bit tricky. You'll have to build complete momentum & run straight first. Then turn a bit, wall run, hit the 180 degree button & jump again. This should propel you across the ledge. I died countless times on this one before figuring it out. Can you also post a screenshot, just so that we're on the same page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom