Micromax Funbook

nginx

In the zone
Yesterday my fb shut down @ 20% batt, first time ever, damn it.

Goodness me, I thought I was the only one with that problem. Today my FB shutoff at 40% battery and this is the second time this has happened. Last time it shut off at 41% battery. Something tells me there is a problem with the battery gauge and the OS is giving inaccurate readings.

Are there any solutions for this?

vicks619

Broken In
Yesterday my fb shut down @ 20% batt, first time ever, damn it.

but you were saying that you have got the problem fo shut down and you erased the wiped out the battery stats to solve the proble. after wiping my battery sats, my funbook is also switching off at 20% before it was trandomly at 15%, 10%. seems like a problem in every funbook. Is there anybody not facing this problem????

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Its screen resolution is 800x480, which is very less...
as compared to its 7 inch screen size having 16:9 ratio..
Is there any way to adjust its resolution to 1600x900..

Thanks.. :)

(As I don't own android device, i don't know much about android) :-(

You can't. Its not a monitor for PC. Besides, it's maximum supported resolution is 800x480.

You can't go beyond that.

vicks619

Broken In
Install CWM. First charge to 100%, reboot and enter recovery and WIPE BATTERY STATS. As soon as you do that, reboot and STOP CHARGING.

Should fix the issue. I had it too.

hi bro, were you able to solve the shutting down problem. I have done exactly what you have explained about wiping battery stats, but it still shutdown at 20% yesterday.

These are the steps i have done,

Recharged fulll 100%, while leaving the charging connector on went into recovery and wiped out battery stats. rebooted normally and took the charger off. after that when the battery reached 20%, it again shut down.

ink_fox

Right off the assembly line
hello,
I am also an owner of funbook.So,please add me to the owner list.
I am using funbook since 29th may but only just now I found this forum while searching for a solution to the auto shutdown problem.
my funbook shuts down at 55% and turns on automatically when the charger is plugged in.
wiping battery stats does not work.
I am a noob in android as this is my first android device.so, I'm still using the original rom.

simon

Houston we have a problem
Following custom ROMs are available for Funbook :
1. [ROM][Funbook]CyanBook v0.4 -CM9 Based [05-07-2012]
2. [ROM] Fun Series v3.0 - Custom Rom for Micromax Funbook ICS 4.0.3 [20.06.2012]
3. [ROM][ICS 4.0.3] JetMOD™ 5.0|Funbook|Beats Audio|xLoud|Smooth scroll| Adrenaline
4. Kangbook - AOKP Rom for Micromax Funbook

I am currently using Cyanbook v0.4(its very stable), since haven't used other ROMs can't comment on them.

Hope this helps! :thumbs:
Thank you Terabyte

tkin

Back to school!!
but you were saying that you have got the problem fo shut down and you erased the wiped out the battery stats to solve the proble. after wiping my battery sats, my funbook is also switching off at 20% before it was trandomly at 15%, 10%. seems like a problem in every funbook. Is there anybody not facing this problem????

No, it was shutting down @ 10%
Was fine after wipe, then shut down @ 20% yesterday.

nickzcool

Broken In
No, it was shutting down @ 10%
Was fine after wipe, then shut down @ 20% yesterday.

Guys I went to checkpoint yesterday they took both the device and charger for parts replacement and many more people are facing these issues let me see what do they do with it will report u guys . They said it will take 4 or 5 days and regarding the battery stats wipe you can also do it with the battery calibration app in the market I tried but of no use .as I said earlier when the battery goes out its mv's drop below 3.5 mv which is the least limit in our battery that is why it cuts out .you can check this for your self in spare parts avaliable in market .

nginx

In the zone
@nickzcool, buddy do let us know how it goes. If replacing the battery and charger, does the trick, then we all have to take our Funbook to the service center.

For the record, wiping the battery stats does nothing to calibrate the battery. I tried that yesterday and my FB is still shutting down at 40%. When it starts again after plugging in charger, it starts charging from 40%. Its like the tab considers 40% as empty battery level.

bloodvayne

@nickzcool, buddy do let us know how it goes. If replacing the battery and charger, does the trick, then we all have to take our Funbook to the service center.

For the record, wiping the battery stats does nothing to calibrate the battery. I tried that yesterday and my FB is still shutting down at 40%. When it starts again after plugging in charger, it starts charging from 40%. Its like the tab considers 40% as empty battery level.

Just want to ask, what was the battery life before it turned off at 40 percent (how much did you use the it before it turned off by itself)?

bloodvayne

i just flashed my funbook woith cyanbook 0.4 and the memory is showinfg to be 306 MB only and not 512 MB. what to do?
You're talking about ram? Mine is also at around 300, I don't think it's a problem, but it's just how android handles ram. At least 200mb go get ics up and running maybe?

nginx

In the zone
Just want to ask, what was the battery life before it turned off at 40 percent (how much did you use the it before it turned off by itself)?

Battery life is still around 4-5 hours which is standard for FB. So I believe I am getting the full battery juice. Until a solution is found, I am treating 40% as the empty level and hence as soon as battery is down to 50% or less, I plug in the charger.

nickzcool

Broken In
Battery life is still around 4-5 hours which is standard for FB. So I believe I am getting the full battery juice. Until a solution is found, I am treating 40% as the empty level and hence as soon as battery is down to 50% or less, I plug in the charger.

May b u guys are right bt still its a bug any way .

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
For people having problem with battery, I'll tell you the exact steps I carried out to get rid of it:

First I flashed Cyanbook 0.4

Then I charged to 100%.

Then I rebooted into CWM.

Then I removed charger.

Then I wiped battery stats and rebooted.

Tada!

usmslm102

Hey frnds please help me....
I have problem with camera on
Funbook
It says "unfourtunetly,camera has stop"
I tried everything..
1-wipe everything data,dalvik-cache. etc
2-flash stock rom via cwm
3-flash funseries v0.3
4-flash cyanbook v3 , v4
but not working...
please help m im in big trouble
Thanks in advance

vicks619

Broken In
guys after flashing cyanbook 0.4, i am getting around 3 hours of battery life. is it so for everybody or just me. And the early shut down problem seems to have gone with cyanbook as the tab is giving warnings at 15% and below and shutting donw when the battery goes below 4%

nginx

In the zone
guys after flashing cyanbook 0.4, i am getting around 3 hours of battery life. is it so for everybody or just me. And the early shut down problem seems to have gone with cyanbook as the tab is giving warnings at 15% and below and shutting donw when the battery goes below 4%

3 hours doing what? If you were gaming during the whole time, 3 hours is not bad. If you were surfing, then something is wrong as I easily get over 4.5 hrs surfing.

I will try flashing cyanbook too if it solves the battery problem. Anyone else can confirm if this has solved the problem?

ink_fox

3 hours doing what? If you were gaming during the whole time, 3 hours is not bad. If you were surfing, then something is wrong as I easily get over 4.5 hrs surfing.

I will try flashing cyanbook too if it solves the battery problem. Anyone else can confirm if this has solved the problem?

my friend uses cyanbook but has the same problem at 35%.

Top Bottom