Micromax Funbook

princeviv

Right off the assembly line
i have few UNANSWERED QUESTIONS
1-can any one tell how to use wallpapers without cropping in home screen????
2-can i use the wire connected broadband connection on my funbook??
3-how to change the bootscreen???

plssssssss reply

Nerevarine

Incarnate
i have few UNANSWERED QUESTIONS
1-can any one tell how to use wallpapers without cropping in home screen????
2-can i use the wire connected broadband connection on my funbook??
3-how to change the bootscreen???

plssssssss reply

Your wallpaper needs to 800x960 for a perfect fit.. If you have a wallpaper that is 800 by 480, then extend both its edges with blank space so that its 800x960.. set the wallpaper and disable wallpaper scrolling..

There is no ethernet port in funbook but there is an option for ethernet in the settings, which im unsure of..you can try one of the Ethernet to USB cables but i doubt they will work.. Also, a friend of mine confirmed that using his Motorola SB5101 modem, he was able to connect to internet on his akash tablet using USB..

To change your bootanimation follow this guide\

makimps

Broken In
Finally, got my FB yeterday. Its Awesome!!!

I Luv it.

But there are few issues though:

I tried installing "Raging Thunder 2"

But its not working, it shows "Unfortunately Raging thunder is closed"

I also installed "Frontline Commando", it also shows that it needs network connection for some source or something.

I downloaded the apks from third party site

Note: I have not yet registered the device on "Google Play", as i cannot connect to the Internet. Can this be the prob? But on the other hand, games like ninja fuit, turbo 3d are running fine.

Please help me out. Really want to play good games

Thanks in Advance.

Aerrow

Journeyman
^^

The tab is still outta stock on Flipkart. Isnt it?

@everyone else

Anybody here giving Ainol Novo Series Tabs a shot? There r high res tabs with good config... Can somebody shed some light on whether they have Custom ROMs just like Funbook has coz of similar hardware?

AINOL NOVO7 ELF 16GB VERSION TABLET PC MULTI-CORE 1.2GHz MULTI-TOUCH 1GB DDR3 | eBay

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^

The tab is still outta stock on Flipkart. Isnt it?

@everyone else

Anybody here giving Ainol Novo Series Tabs a shot? There r high res tabs with good config... Can somebody shed some light on whether they have Custom ROMs just like Funbook has coz of similar hardware?

AINOL NOVO7 ELF 16GB VERSION TABLET PC MULTI-CORE 1.2GHz MULTI-TOUCH 1GB DDR3 | eBay
Better check my thread to know more about Ainol Tablets
*techforumindia.com/index.php?topic=6736.0

yes. I was looking to buy microsd cards but flipkart doesn't have coupons.

No coupons available for Flipkart

aviatcogni

Broken In
I have found that my funbook works better if I DO NOT use task killer. I have given up killing tasks after I noticed that lags were more when I used it.

this is nicely documented here:
Task killer ICS? - xda-developers

and here:
Tests show that task killer apps have little to no impact on battery life | Android Community

You are absolutely right.. because when u use task killer you are killing some interconnected and required (though u think those are useless) processes..And then android has to restart all those again from start,which in some cases may even eat more battery and leave memory leaks which will produce lags....

Aerrow

Journeyman
Better check my thread to know more about Ainol Tablets
*techforumindia.com/index.php?topic=6736.0

No coupons available for Flipkart

Thanks for the link. The Elf II is a killer.... Are there any sellers in India for that one?

$149 is still under 10k in INR so there wud be no customs duty. However, the seller website u posted over there has bad ratings everywhere plus Indian sellers offer service and replacement easily from their end. Any pointers?

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Tenida, the ebay seller of ainol is based at arambagh !!

I contacted the Ebay Arambag seller 3 month ago and told him to meet me as I am interested in Ainol Nova 7 Elf. But that meet never happened :(

I don't trust ebay seller at all :x:

Aerrow

Journeyman
@Tenida

The specs of Elf II are amazing... Its a dual core with good resolution... has got 2 Mali GPUs... WOW!!

I would take one any day...

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@Tenida

The specs of Elf II are amazing... Its a dual core with good resolution... has got 2 Mali GPUs... WOW!!

I would take one any day...

Infact Funbook has also Dual-Mali400 GPU chip :p
But Dual-core processor and 1Gb Ram at 149$ is loot :D

Aerrow

Journeyman
Infact Funbook has also Dual-Mali400 GPU chip :p
But Dual-core processor and 1Gb Ram at 149$ is loot :D

no stocks in any stores over here... i use flipkart.. bt its not available der.. any other trusted sites that u can recommend?

The only prob i have is the smaller RAM size and low res. but i guess i can overlook that as u r nt aware of any indian sellers..

Charley

Just Do It
Better get this if you have good budget. Its far better than Funbook or Karbonn smart tab
Buy Onda Vi10 elite 7" HD Tablet 1GB / 8GB • VeedeeDirect
It has
Allwinner A10 SOC
1GB DDR3 RAM
7 inch lcd capacitive screen with 1024*600 Resolution
3700Mah battery

Buddy, what about service centers in Bangalore, do they have any, if there is problem with it ?

Did anyone buy it from this forum ?

They provide better after-sales support than Micromax IMO.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Buddy, what about service centers in Bangalore, do they have any, if there is problem with it ?

Did anyone buy it from this forum ?

Veedee is based on Mumbai and they provides pick and drop warranty through Aramex Courier

Top Bottom