Dolphin HD browser
IMDB
WIFI analyzer

Widget
Power off (without touching phycal key)
Screen off

techlover

In the zone
What help do you need?? You can check my review before getting the tab. Btw. viewing angle in LCD is not that great. For better viewing angle you have to buy tablet with IPS panel display which is very costly.

Like Blackberry Playbook has a TFT LCD Screen and also most mobiles have a TFT LCD screen ...and the viewing angle is somewhat okay in all ...u can watch movies sideways too
Is it pretty much fine in funbook as well? I know i'm paying just 6500 for the tab and i should not expect many things from the tab

And i have read your Tenida ...Its great! :D :D
Have you observed some kind of bubbling out in your tab like they observed in the Igyaan.in review?

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
App. that I liked

Games
Temple Run
Raging Thunder
Angry Bird Rio
Angry Bird Space
BMX Boy
Drunk Man
FL Commando
IPL T20 forever
Air Attack HD

For Reading
Aldiko
Merriam Webster Dictionary
Document to go
FreeNote

Multimedia
MX Player

Internet
Pocket
BBC news
Dolphin HD browser
IMDB
WIFI analyzer

Widget
Power off (without touching phycal key)
Screen off

Guys share your fav. app you used in Micromax Funbook.:razz:

sajo

Broken In
Update on my Funbook not charging issue :

Went to MM's service center in Pune (Solara International, also services HTCs). They insisted on a bill with my name and the product serial number in order to take it forward, both of which Snapdeal does not provide in its printed invoice. After a bit of haggling, they finally did take it in. For all those purchasing from Snapdeal , please do consider this point while purchasing.

Heres how I got around the bill issue. Stuck a spare sticker of the product code on the invoice and emailed them. :razz:

*i.imgur.com/N1VHA.jpg

Note : It doesnt contain my name or anything else about the product.

Coming back to the problem at hand, the lady technician insisted it could be a motherboard issue, while I guess it is a battery issue. They will check both of these and will get back to me.

Too much of a hassle not expected from a new device!! :evil:

microdroid

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

When I tried to add a SanDisk Memory Card (Mobile Ultra 32 GB Class 6 SDHC I) fundoob says 'damaged card'. I tried to format it and it didn't work. I am not sure if I inserted the card right into the tablet. Wasn't sure how far to push in. Is there a 'click' sound I should wait for? Or is the card really damaged? Got it from flipkart. Please Help.

Thanks.

coolsukhad@gmail.com

tablet

i have pur. micromax funbook tablet but i was nt know that it only support tata photon plus dongle ,any one can help me how i use any other dognle of other co. whc cost me vey less.

thanks

jd91

Broken In
ram use on ics
this is what i found by consulting diff reviews on ics developers.
comparing ics with 1gb and 512mb ram. you will always have 20% of min ram free with you ie 200mb in 1gb and 100mb in 512mb ram approx. ics will try and utilise 70% of ram with apps data and os. on reaching about 80% it will automatically clear ram for further use on fifo basis. so after few days of usage you will end up with ram filled upto 70% with apps you use mostly. that will be about 700mb and 350mb resp. this is how multitasking is better in 1gb. i feel there is no need for any task cleaner because if it cleans the task and clear ram then ics will again fill it up. you would just endup working the processsor for no use.
my fav app
kingsoft office - ms office use
mx player - multimedia
ics browser+ - browser
dolphin hd - browser
opera mini - browser (if u have slow net speed or using 2g dongle)
seepu - simple and ready display of cpu ram and net usage
tube mate - youtube downloader

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Hi,

When I tried to add a SanDisk Memory Card (Mobile Ultra 32 GB Class 6 SDHC I) fundoob says 'damaged card'. I tried to format it and it didn't work. I am not sure if I inserted the card right into the tablet. Wasn't sure how far to push in. Is there a 'click' sound I should wait for? Or is the card really damaged? Got it from flipkart. Please Help.

Thanks.

Test the 32 GB micro-SD card in other devices like card reader or mobile. Or you can insert any spare micro-SD card that you will find in mobile phone.

ram use on ics
this is what i found by consulting diff reviews on ics developers.
comparing ics with 1gb and 512mb ram. you will always have 20% of min ram free with you ie 200mb in 1gb and 100mb in 512mb ram approx. ics will try and utilise 70% of ram with apps data and os. on reaching about 80% it will automatically clear ram for further use on fifo basis. so after few days of usage you will end up with ram filled upto 70% with apps you use mostly. that will be about 700mb and 350mb resp. this is how multitasking is better in 1gb. i feel there is no need for any task cleaner because if it cleans the task and clear ram then ics will again fill it up. you would just endup working the processsor for no use.
my fav app
kingsoft office - ms office use
mx player - multimedia
ics browser+ - browser
dolphin hd - browser
opera mini - browser (if u have slow net speed or using 2g dongle)
seepu - simple and ready display of cpu ram and net usage
tube mate - youtube downloader
Thanks for info buddy. Yes you are right ICS runs better on 1GB of Ram
Its like Gingerbread i.e 2.3 Android OS (like Windows XP) runs better on 512 MB ram and ICS i.e Android 4.0 (like Windows 7) runs better on 1GB of RAM :D

In China the tablet with 1Gb of RAM costs only 129$( Ainol Nova7 Mars) and here it's hell expensive. China people are very lucky :(

i have pur. micromax funbook tablet but i was nt know that it only support tata photon plus dongle ,any one can help me how i use any other dognle of other co. whc cost me vey less.

thanks
Just flashed to custom ROM and then you can insert other dongle,

sudiptaid

@tenida,i bought it from B B D Bag..Kolkata...
But my question to u..what r the improvements after rooting???

GadgetGeek

i feel there is no need for any task cleaner because if it cleans the task and clear ram then ics will again fill it up. you would just endup working the processsor for no use.

I have found that my funbook works better if I DO NOT use task killer. I have given up killing tasks after I noticed that lags were more when I used it.

this is nicely documented here:
Task killer ICS? - xda-developers

and here:
Tests show that task killer apps have little to no impact on battery life | Android Community

Paylaram

Broken In
hi guys got my FB earlier today. (RG cellular)

it is showing authentication problem while connecting to wifi, any idea why ?

also, why does it ask for a micromax login for a whole lot of things ? what is that supposed to be ?

Paylaram

Broken In
kolkata. well I didn't check everything. may be I should have checked wi-fi.

looking around, seems not an uncommon problem with android. to add to my problems my PC has gone kaput. :D

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
kolkata. well I didn't check everything. may be I should have checked wi-fi.

looking around, seems not an uncommon problem with android. to add to my problems my PC has gone kaput. :D

Can you post the screenshot about that problem

hi guys got my FB earlier today. (RG cellular)

it is showing authentication problem while connecting to wifi, any idea why ?

also, why does it ask for a micromax login for a whole lot of things ? what is that supposed to be ?

Might be its your problem related to your wifi router

Paylaram

Broken In
I am posting this using that wi-fi router. ;)

I have wpa/wpa2 psk encryption, or so funbook tells me. is there anyone who got connected using this encryption?

Can you post the screenshot about that problem
it's a bit of a bother since net's not working.

nothing much to see in screenshot anyway. below the wi-fi name it says 'authenticating...' alternating with 'saved, secured with wpa/wpa2' followed by 'authentication problem'.

p.s. well, the very day I get the funbook, pantel emails me to say that the T-pad is ready. :D

jd91

Broken In
I am posting this using that wi-fi router. ;)

I have wpa/wpa2 psk encryption, or so funbook tells me. is there anyone who got connected using this encryption?

it's a bit of a bother since net's not working.

nothing much to see in screenshot anyway. below the wi-fi name it says 'authenticating...' alternating with 'saved, secured with wpa/wpa2' followed by 'authentication problem'.

p.s. well, the very day I get the funbook, pantel emails me to say that the T-pad is ready. :D

Am I missing something
you are having auth problem then you say you are using same router.
Anyways most common auth is wpa wpa2 psk I believe95% using this.if your password is correct then it should display obtaining ip address etc and then connected.otherwise it is wrong password or your mac address is missing.

Don't bother about pantel I sold it after using for2 days

Paylaram

Broken In
@jd91, you are missing the fact that I am posting from laptop, not funbook. ;)

anyway, I will check after a few days when my PC is back online.

re : pantel. I know. won't bother replying to them.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@tenida,i bought it from B B D Bag..Kolkata...
But my question to u..what r the improvements after rooting???

I still using stock ROM. Will flash to custom later in this week
By using custom rom:-
Advantage
1) You can enjoy fresh ICS OS
2) No bloatwares or crapwares
3) More stable. Largeness will be at gone at certain extend.
4)Battery backup will be increase
5)Tablet is seen as a Samsung Galaxy S2 so lots of application will be unlocked for Funbook.

jd91

Broken In
@jd91, you are missing the fact that I am posting from laptop, not funbook. ;)

anyway, I will check after a few days when my PC is back online.

re : pantel. I know. won't bother replying to them.

is there a possibility that you may be entering a wrong password.pls recheck password which is already saved in your laptop

thanks

it support many other dongles without rooting.Consult earlier post.personally tested idea with airtel sim.

Top Bottom