Micromax Funbook

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Me too please help

Help! Talk crashes when i try to do a voice chat on micromax funbook. please help with a solution if available.

Which ROM you are using..?? Stock..?? In that case I guess there is no way out.

Can anyone please help on how to turn on the usb storage on option pls?

When you plug in USB Cable to the PC and Funbook it automatically shows a popup where you can enable Mass Storage.

Guys there is a problem sometimes whenever I connect any pendrive or dongle it works well.but if I then llift the tablet and let the dongle hang or even if sometimes I accidentally hit the dongle.I get usb dongle removed message.but still I could see the light inside the dongle.like some loose connection problem.
Is there any solution.

Nope. I guess you need to take it to Service Center. That's the best option, as it looks like some loose connection. Better not to do anything manually, instead go to Service Center.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have read this thread from last 10 pages :D

Still asking should I get this macromax funbook or there is any better alternative in this price range..
Also I have never used Android nor have much hacking knowledge other than symbian roms

Will it work for me??

I am getting Macromax funbook for 5800 with ebay 10% discount coupen...and its a superb deal I would say

simon

Houston we have a problem
When you plug in USB Cable to the PC and Funbook it automatically shows a popup where you can enable Mass Storage.

Iam afraid nothing happens when I plug in the USB cable in funbook and Laptop . Have installed the drivers as mentioned . The laptp recognises the device as Android. But nothing else happens. USB debugging is enabled

simon

@krishnandu.sarkar

I am afraid nothing happens when I connect the device and laptop via USB even after installing device driver and usb debugging enabled.

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
After reading so much I guess there shouldn't be any doubt regarding the tab...
But once again I say, THIS IS THE BEST TABLET IN THE MARKET TODAY FOR >>THIS<<[\b] price range...

As far as using Android is concerned, its no rocket science...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@shabin5785 Yes, it supports Bluetooth / USB Keyboard.

@simon In that case I'm afraid that you have to take it to service center, if you are not willing to flash Custom ROM.

Robin Hood

Just Do It
Dear friends,

How about a Class-4 32GB SD or Class-6 16GB ?? Please help.

Dear Krishnandu,
What are other advantages than improved battery while using a custom ROM. Would you please mention what are the +ve and -ve of both Cyanbook and Funseries ROM? In my stock ROM free RAM is only around 100MB all the time (even if I delete all the running apps, free RAM goes to 400MB and again it come down to 100 immediately- Is that normal with stock ROM??)
But I read in earlier posts that Cyanbook eats a lot of RAM, then how could that helps in battery and hanging problem ???

techlover

In the zone
@krishnandu.sarkar

I am afraid nothing happens when I connect the device and laptop via USB even after installing device driver and usb debugging enabled.

Well download this here adb driver.zip
and install it

Source: [NEW] Micromax Funbook-How to's, ROM's Scripts - xda-developers

then you will see a pop window like this
*img137.imageshack.us/img137/3883/screenshotrr.jpg

Please say thanks if it helped :)

tsram90

Right off the assembly line
Dear all,

I have bought a Funbook and iam trying to connect to HP Laptop - Home Premium Win 7 . I have installed the drivers as per the walkthrough in this thread .But Iam afraid I do not know how to enable the USB storage . Have restarted both TAB and Laptop many times I dont get any pop up . My Samsung S2 connects perfectly fine with the same laptop .

Please help...

You will have problems connecting funbook to Laps if the lap can't provide enough power to the Tablet. If I am running a external HDD, Even my desktop PC won't detect the tablet. (Due to low power PSU).

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I purchased the funbook after reading some of these threads and reviews from Reliance digital on 24th this month . I purchased this just to play some movies in my car . Now the issue is this thing just switches off after 10-15 mins of usage ! Whatever i do if its watching movies , playing games or browsing it just shuts down after 10-15 mins . And offcourse it is fully charged . In my car i tried watching movies while also charging it simultaneously through the car AC outlet but invain . I think its an OS issue not hardware but i cant find link on net or on micromax site to upgrade its firmware . So i took it back to Reliance digital , they instead gave directions to a nearby micromax service center which is around 5 kms away. Went there and they said that they deal with only phones and not TABS ! They told me to go to service center somewhere in Ghatkopar in mumbai , whole day wasted , screw it ! i am not travelling from navi mumbai to ghatkopar just for this piece of crap ( no offence ) but warranty police sucks . Any suggestions !

mastervk

In the zone
I have read this thread from last 10 pages :D

Still asking should I get this macromax funbook or there is any better alternative in this price range..
Also I have never used Android nor have much hacking knowledge other than symbian roms

Will it work for me??

I am getting Macromax funbook for 5800 with ebay 10% discount coupen...and its a superb deal I would say

HI Sujoy,
Android is a great OS ,highly customzable and much much better than symbion..I am using Ainol aurora tablet but there are many satisfied funbook users here too.There will be some issues but you can get help from forum..
There are custom ROMs available too and lots of free apps(for all kind of users).from reviews it seems funbook is the best 7 inch tablet at this price..

if only some Indian company can produce even Ainol like quality tablet at same price..but that is wishful thinking..

simon

Well download this here adb driver.zip
and install it

Source: [NEW] Micromax Funbook-How to's, ROM's Scripts - xda-developers

then you will see a pop window like this
*img137.imageshack.us/img137/3883/screenshotrr.jpg

Please say thanks if it helped :)

:) Had downloaded the drivers as above already .I was worried cos the laptop and the tab both were bought same day and I couldnt figure out what was the device with issue. I tried connecting funbook to another xp laptop and had the same issue . Meaning nothing happens after installing the drivers.

I did a factor reset of the funbook and it worked :)

Thanks to all who took time to help and reply

sujoyp

Grand Master
HI Sujoy,
Android is a great OS ,highly customzable and much much better than symbion..I am using Ainol aurora tablet but there are many satisfied funbook users here too.There will be some issues but you can get help from forum..
There are custom ROMs available too and lots of free apps(for all kind of users).from reviews it seems funbook is the best 7 inch tablet at this price..

if only some Indian company can produce even Ainol like quality tablet at same price..but that is wishful thinking..

thanks bro....but my dad did not approve a 7 inch one and suggested to get a 10 inch one instead...let me dosome reaserch on that :D

ss89

Right off the assembly line
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GUIDE ME ON HOW TO RE ROOT MY FUNBOOK ?????

when i try updating su in superuser i get the following error
checking current install path ....fail
failed to find currently installed binary. update cannot continue
i get the same error even after trying to update after 10 times
please help in rooting procedure
my funbook details are
android version - 4.0.3
baseband version - 1.2
kernel version 3.0.8+
build no. - 97F1-D1-H2-H01-MMX.20120512

I DID TRY TO ROOT using sparkroot app, would that have deleted my su binary by accident????
i bought my funbook a week ago
could someone please help me with rooting options for the fun book other than sparkyroot...........
i have accidentally unrooted my device with sparkyroot and am a noob at this
this is my first brush with android os

Robin Hood

Just Do It
Images of FB cover from micromax bought @699 from ncarry (other sites dnt have any discounts and priced at 999).

*img825.imageshack.us/img825/6379/23062012432.th.jpg
*img705.imageshack.us/img705/5183/23062012431.th.jpg
*img256.imageshack.us/img256/6350/23062012430.th.jpg
*img233.imageshack.us/img233/8712/23062012428.th.jpg
*img52.imageshack.us/img52/106/23062012427.th.jpg
*img534.imageshack.us/img534/9426/23062012424.th.jpg
*imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GUIDE ME ON HOW TO RE ROOT MY FUNBOOK ?????

when i try updating su in superuser i get the following error
checking current install path ....fail
failed to find currently installed binary. update cannot continue
i get the same error even after trying to update after 10 times
please help in rooting procedure
my funbook details are
android version - 4.0.3
baseband version - 1.2
kernel version 3.0.8+
build no. - 97F1-D1-H2-H01-MMX.20120512

I DID TRY TO ROOT using sparkroot app, would that have deleted my su binary by accident????
i bought my funbook a week ago
could someone please help me with rooting options for the fun book other than sparkyroot...........
i have accidentally unrooted my device with sparkyroot and am a noob at this
this is my first brush with android os

Did you read the guide on first page..?? Read how to install CWM, I guess that will help you. Check the quoted part below...

HAVING PROBLEM WHILE INSTALLING CWM?? GETTING PERMISSION DENIED ERROR??

Ok, for those who cannot install CWM from the normal steps(most probably new funbook users having Base 1.2 and ICS 4.0.3) follow these steps.

1. Install Superuser from playstore, update binary, you'll notice it will fail one part(red text), re do the update 2,3 times staright away until all the text become green, no need to reboot phone, but you might want to.

2. Install Android terminal from playstore, in terminal put su and press enter, if you get a warning allow it, if # comes you have root access. If not, re do step one. Don't continue till you get this step correct.

3. Download ES File manager from playstore, go to settings, allow all root access related options and also tick go upto root option.

4. Now start ES file manager, go to root, long press the dev folder, set properties, check all boxes, click ok. Do the same for the data folder, now open the dev folder, and repeat the steps for the block folder, and inside the block folder do the steaps for nandg file.

5. Allow USB debugging from dev options, connect the cable, install drvers.

6. Run the ICS recovery script, wait for it to finish, if it fails then you need to check and set permission again, if all goes well you have successfully installed CWM.

Warning: When setting permissions in ES File Manager make sure the USB cable is not attached, if so it might cause a hard crash and brick the device.

I had used this method to flash CWM on mine and on my friends device, both Base 1.2 and ICS 4.0.3(made in may 2012, the rom build no is: 97F1-D1-H2-H01-MMX.20120512) hence I think funbooks made after may 2012 must use this method, otherwise the script will fails due to permission denial.

Top Bottom