Micromax Funbook

Globetrot

Right off the assembly line
I've been following this thread, and I just bought the Funbook along with the accessories. Kids have been super busy loading their favorite games on the tablet, and finally my wife's and my phones are free for our own use :).

Surprises:
  1. Touch sensitivity is poor, or course when charging it's unusable. I hope Micromax has a fix for this basic use case.
  2. Processor(s) seems quite good, able to play games etc. without much hassle
  3. Screen resolution/ clarity/ viewing angles are pretty crappy, but sufficient for the purposes of kids playing games (I hope).

Accessories:
Bought the case, car charger and the screen guard from the nimbuzz/ mcarry site. Case is quite weird in that it has a big velcro strip to hold the tablet securely - makes the case look slightly puffy. The case is a light grey colour. The car charger is just a little thing with 2 USB ports, no cables supplied. Extremely odd! However I was able to use the mini-USB cable that came with the tablet to charge the tablet with the car charger.

Total cost:
Used my Amex card on Indiatimes for a 15% discount, and ended up paying Rs 5515.65 for the tablet. All 3 accessories together came to Rs 1297.00. Hence total cost so far (will need to buy a 16/32 GB MicroSD card for movies/ audio etc.) is Rs. 6813.65! Sweet deal overall. :-D

Overall thoughts so far
Cool price, but limited utility. Will use it for a couple of days before judging it further, it's still in the "setup" stage as of now. The "can't use while charging" is driving me mad though :evil:. My son is unable to use his favourite game "Real Football 2012" (saying not enough space), so hoping that I can install it on an external MicroSD card.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hey can i store the apps on the sd card that we insert if yes then how ?

Go to Settings > Application > Select The Application > Move to SD Card.

Or for Permanent Solution you may try [ MOD-CWM FLASHABLE ZIP ] SWAP eMMC and EXTSD for Micromax Funbook - xda-developers

Or you can also create Ext4 partition on your Ext SD and use Link2SD / App2SD to use it as Internal Memory. But I'm not sure whether Funbook ROM supports Link2SD / App2SD.

nickzcool

Broken In
Go to Settings > Application > Select The Application > Move to SD Card.

Or for Permanent Solution you may try [ MOD-CWM FLASHABLE ZIP ] SWAP eMMC and EXTSD for Micromax Funbook - xda-developers

Or you can also create Ext4 partition on your Ext SD and use Link2SD / App2SD to use it as Internal Memory. But I'm not sure whether Funbook ROM supports Link2SD / App2SD.

Move to sd card moves the app to the internal sd card not the one we insert

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Google always provides some secret GOODIES CALLED .EASTER EGGS in their ICS versions.

I don't know how many of u have actually seen this on our ..
funbook.

Here's a video to it, taken by me...

[YOUTUBE]usJXf2Ps_3A[/YOUTUBE]

Robin Hood

Just Do It
Dear all,

Some users here reported about the touch screen lagging while on charging. But I haven't faced any problem yet and I am very happy with my Funbook. The only thing I am not happy with is that we cannot move the apps to External SD :(. Its really a big problem when considering the big sized games !!!

mastervk

In the zone
Dear all,

Some users here reported about the touch screen lagging while on charging. But I haven't faced any problem yet and I am very happy with my Funbook. The only thing I am not happy with is that we cannot move the apps to External SD :(. Its really a big problem when considering the big sized games !!!

you can install some custom rom which might support a2sd and Darktremor script..that is the only good solution..else you can move some of the apps to sd card..

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Google always provides some secret GOODIES CALLED .EASTER EGGS in their ICS versions.

I don't know how many of u have actually seen this on our ..
funbook.

Here's a video to it, taken by me...

[YOUTUBE]usJXf2Ps_3A[/YOUTUBE]

Nice..!! But only in ICS, there were easter egg's in GB too

ssps

Broken In
My funbook is on funseries v3 , recently bought photon plus modem & when i connect it i couldn't see anything on apn setting . Can anyone guide me thru installing photon plus on funbook .

blackpearl

The Devil
My Wifi stopped working. It says "not in range" or "saved, secured with WPA" and alternating between the two messages. It seems like a common problem with Android ICS 4.0.3.

What to do?

techlover

In the zone
My Wifi stopped working. It says "not in range" or "saved, secured with WPA" and alternating between the two messages. It seems like a common problem with Android ICS 4.0.3.

What to do?

Tap on the wifi and then choose forget ....try connecting it again :)
tell me if the problem still persists

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^ Well I have faced the same problem before few times. Just long tap on the AP, and tap Forget. And enter and register your password again, everything will be fine :)

Abhii1902

Broken In
Guys m facimg a very strange problem on my fb....actually I accidently uninstalled super user app from fb then I downloaded super user app from official website I downloaded superuser v2.3.6.3 and installed it on my fb now the problem starts here after installing superuser app m not able to gain root access then I uninstalled superuser v2.3.6.3 and download ed latest versio from google play and installed it but when I try to update su binary its not updating always giving me error root access fail pls help guys

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Well I have faced the same problem before few times. Just long tap on the AP, and tap Forget. And enter and register your password again, everything will be fine :)
I had faced the same problem more than once, its a pain in the neck, good to know its not a hardware problem as I thought, so the bugs with ICS? Wonder if micromax will update our funbooks to jelly bean soon, maybe solve this problem?

Abhii1902

Broken In
The solution is/not working for me actualy I only uninstalled superuser v 2.3.6.3 but the su binary is still there su binary v2.3.2-efgh (0) pls tell me how to delete the su binary I because i cannot delete it by es file manager or any other because root access is denied

Top Bottom