Micromax Funbook

karndev

Broken In
I tried all the roms on this tablet, and found out CyanBook_V0.2 is best(well for me, felt like its my own android tablet). But I love the 2160P Super HD-Player and I could not install it(apk extracted from stock) on CyanBook_V0.2. This was the only reason I'm again living with stock.

Also can anyone tell me any good hdmi cable for this tablet?

Had u reported this in XDA, i would have given a solution.. ;)
However , if at all u do want to use 2160p Super HD player with cyanbook, just flash this file in cwm.. :)

*www.dropbox.com/s/boylkcljubxn31z/allwinner_gallery.zip

:doublethumb:

SHell

Broken In
I ordered my funbook a week back. Was tweaking with it & found the features very useful.

Tenida has provided a great review about Funbook.

My observations about the Funbook (manf date May 2012).
1. Google play already installed....applications can be downloaded easily
2. Works well with tata photon 2G & other Wi-Fi networks
3. I do not find the need for rooting it as many games like temple run runs smooth on ics.
4. The problem is with Skype.....the video is not opening....need to tweak that & install custom ROMs

aviatcogni

Broken In
what happened to the order, which your friend placed ????

Got mail saying that order has been shipped by normal mail. So no shipment tracking number.. Hope he will get it .. :)

I ordered my funbook a week back. Was tweaking with it & found the features very useful.

Tenida has provided a great review about Funbook.

My observations about the Funbook (manf date May 2012).
1. Google play already installed....applications can be downloaded easily
2. Works well with tata photon 2G & other Wi-Fi networks
3. I do not find the need for rooting it as many games like temple run runs smooth on ics.
4. The problem is with Skype.....the video is not opening....need to tweak that & install custom ROMs

If you are facing only Skype problem.It has nothing to do with FB .. Its problem with Skype version for ICS. Google it and u will find appropriate version.(Remeber that it is older version. So never update it.)

maverik

Broken In
After so much time of using, i suddenly noticed and wondered on 1 thing, that, in that video player, what are those 3D options meant 4??
how to use them to see videos in 3D format ?
can we see 2D videos in 3D form on the tablet screen itself??
i used 3D video goggles to watch video on tablet while watching AvEnGeRs at PVR but screen dint gave proper response it was red and blue lines evrywhre...

Hey xperts do throw some light on it..!!!

abhishekkai08

Broken In
Thanks....it worked already and I could browse with my fb:)

m glad that i could help...:)

After so much time of using, i suddenly noticed and wondered on 1 thing, that, in that video player, what are those 3D options meant 4??
how to use them to see videos in 3D format ?
can we see 2D videos in 3D form on the tablet screen itself??
i used 3D video goggles to watch video on tablet while watching AvEnGeRs at PVR but screen dint gave proper response it was red and blue lines evrywhre...

Hey xperts do throw some light on it..!!!

you need to build or buy a pair of 3D glasses (not the ones used to view the 3D tv) but get the glasses of the same colour combination as mentioned in the 3D mode of the HD player. this is called Anaglyph 3D for more info you can visit *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image

adithya72

Broken In
Got mail saying that order has been shipped by normal mail. So no shipment tracking number.. Hope he will get it .. :)

Let us know if he gets that and if possible ask him to post review on it, that would be a great help and now those Angle Pad folks are not accepting single order..

aviatcogni

Broken In

Let us know if he gets that and if possible ask him to post review on it, that would be a great help and now those Angle Pad folks are not accepting single order..

Of course..I am also waiting for that... Will post my review ASAP..But still let him get it first.. :)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Newbie here, guys...
Anyway, I ordered the funbook from flipkart a couple of days back and am expecting it anytime soon...:goodjob:
Got some questions though...:reading:
1. Should I buy a Class 6 or a Class 4 MicroSD card??? I think a Class 4 should be more than enough, right??? And does 64GB work??? (I know its written expandable up to 32 GB):eeksign: Or, should I buy 32GB???:huh?:
2. Is the screen somewhat durable and scratch resistant??? I mean, am not expecting Gorilla Glass goodness like my iPod Touch 4g but still can it be used without a Screen Guard??? Or, is a Screen Guard an absolute necesity???:aaargh:
3. Suggest me a good WiFi router to be used with this Tablet...
4. :offtopic:
Where can I buy the cheapest Motorola Defy Plus in Guwahati??? Or, should I shop online???

kaushik51094

Right off the assembly line
Guys! Got my micromax Funbook!!! Slate gray :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ... damn satisfied... Jus some doubts -
1. How can i access the gallery??? I cant find any gallery app..
2. Once, when i did a factory reset, i selected erase memory card.. It has deleted the preloaded videos and pictures. Will i have deleted anything important with that???

Pls help as i'm a newbie...

and yes @Tenida - tnx for this OSm thread... and pls add me to the owner's list! :p :p

nilwrite

Hi guys, i purchsd d fb last week. I am thinking of buying a usb keyboard for it. But d problem is i am using dongle for d internet connectivity. So Is der any cable available with d help of whch i can connct both d usb keyboard and dongle at d same tym? Please let me kn...

techlover

In the zone
I dont know what happened but my Funbook restarted itself and now its stuck on that """"Funbook ...."" screen :( ....what should i do?

hapdtop

Broken In
Hi all I am planning to buy this micromax 400R portable 3g router. Will this work with my fb

2.7k in flipkart

Micromax 400R (Mi-Fi) | Datacard | Flipkart.com

Kindly comment

Tribalgeek

Geralt Of Rivia!
Newbie here, guys...
Anyway, I ordered the funbook from flipkart a couple of days back and am expecting it anytime soon...:goodjob:
Got some questions though...:reading:
1. Should I buy a Class 6 or a Class 4 MicroSD card??? I think a Class 4 should be more than enough, right??? And does 64GB work??? (I know its written expandable up to 32 GB):eeksign: Or, should I buy 32GB???:huh?:
2. Is the screen somewhat durable and scratch resistant??? I mean, am not expecting Gorilla Glass goodness like my iPod Touch 4g but still can it be used without a Screen Guard??? Or, is a Screen Guard an absolute necesity???:aaargh:
3. Suggest me a good WiFi router to be used with this Tablet...
4. :offtopic:
Where can I buy the cheapest Motorola Defy Plus in Guwahati??? Or, should I shop online???

As for the 3rd que TP Link Router

It'll be sufficient unless you have a very big home ;)

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
^^^
Thanks...
A big home, actually, but I think it should suffice...
Anyway, what about the other two questions???:-D:mrgreen:

Class 6 is min of 6MBPS Transfer speed and Class 4 is 4MBPS. Bot are same but the speed only differs. Now you choose.

Screen protector is a must because scratches on screen is irreversible while protector can be changed, thus spending couple of hundred bucks will save your costly device.

-- Sanjoy

Andrew

Hey guys, today i received my funbook via flipkart, & i found it that sound is not playing in my device, only way to play the sound is by connecting the head phones...what should i do now?? any advice guys?? Thanks in advance

Top Bottom