Micromax Funbook

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Cursing myself for ordering on Indiatimes due to this: SHOPPING.INDIATIMES.COM Review, SHOPPING.INDIATIMES.COM Online Shopping, Websites, Frauds, Security, Product received as damaged - MouthShut.com

@Tenida, I already prepaid it. Fingers crossed and praying with full power... :cry::shock::oops:

BTW, I have ordered it previously on FK. They took 10 days and yet no sign of delivery. They said they are having a problem on Kolkata sites. So, I cancelled the order and gave in indiatimes. It's gone I think :duh2::duh2::duh2::duh2::duh2:
Cancel the order and buy it from M.D Computers, Kolkata.

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
They have already shipped and given me delivery date by 18th June. Can only think of a broken item now after the post!!! It's prepaid, so, the refund will be great hassle. Nothing can be done now, I guess... :duh2: :duh2:

shaan.jalal

Right off the assembly line
Please Help me guys.....

While Playing some games Like Gangster Rio & Miami, GT motor Racing Academy,etc the accelerometer sensor is inverted while driving, i.e. in all of these games in driving mode the Vehicle turns Left or Right By Tilting the Tab Up Or Down...........
Remaining Games Like Asphalt 6, GTA 3 Works normally.....
I have Flashed with [ROM]Fun Series v2.1
Please help me....

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Guys, just received the Funbook yesterday from Flipkart and it rocks...:hyper:
Got some questions though...
1. Will the TP LINK 150Mbps Wireless N Router that i just ordered from Flipkart work with this tablet??? And, how do i set it up??? Just connect it (the router) to the computer or connect it to the Ethernet cable???:noob:
2. What are the main advantages and disadvantages of the following custom ROM's???
a)CyanBook v0.2
b)JetMOD™ 5.0
c)Fun Series v2.1
Which do you recommend???:huh?:

Andrew

i called flipkart & said them sound is not playing in my fb, & they immediately agreed to replace the product, so nice of them :mrgreen:

kaushik51094

my funbook working perfectly... jus some wrong inputs, but rarely... got a 16 gig class 4 sandisk microsd frm flipkart for 560...flipkart is OSM.. delivery within 2 days itself :-D :-D battery lasts for a day with moderate usage... maybe flashin it soon...

1. do u guys think i hv to mod it? does it hav a lot of advantages??
2. will it void my warranty?
3. is the jet mod gud? does the jet mod have any cons?
4. which is the best rom to mod it with??

pls reply..

and tenida, pls add me to the fb owners list!!! :-D :-D

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Guys, just received the Funbook yesterday from Flipkart and it rocks...:hyper:
Got some questions though...
1. Will the TP LINK 150Mbps Wireless N Router that i just ordered from Flipkart work with this tablet??? And, how do i set it up??? Just connect it (the router) to the computer or connect it to the Ethernet cable???:noob:
2. What are the main advantages and disadvantages of the following custom ROM's???
a)CyanBook v0.2
b)JetMOD™ 5.0
c)Fun Series v2.1
Which do you recommend???:huh?:

Congrats first of all :-D

1. Yes, any router will work with it.
2. To set it up, initially connect the router to your computer using ehternet and head to routerlogin.com. Here put in ur SSID and Password and reboot. Now connect your Router to Modem using LAN cable. Switch on modem and router. Start wifi on ur TAB/computer and you shall find your wifi network with the SSID u gave. Enter the Password and start using !

BTW, How much time did they take to process ur order and ship it ?

^I ordered FB on Flipkart yesterday. The expected delivery date is 19th.
So will update once I receive it :)
Thanks buddy :)

techlover

In the zone

Well after you set up a wifi connection in your home it will work with any wifi device :)

Though the router will come with a very informative and easy manual ....u may like to see here as well
How do I install TP-LINK router to work with ADSL Modem - Welcome to TP-LINK

and believe its not difficult at all ..just around 5-10min even if u just follow the steps :)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Congrats first of all :-D

1. Yes, any router will work with it.
2. To set it up, initially connect the router to your computer using ehternet and head to routerlogin.com. Here put in ur SSID and Password and reboot. Now connect your Router to Modem using LAN cable. Switch on modem and router. Start wifi on ur TAB/computer and you shall find your wifi network with the SSID u gave. Enter the Password and start using !

BTW, How much time did they take to process ur order and ship it ?

Thanks for the help, buddy...:goodjob:
I ordered it on 12th Night, they confirmed and shipped it on the 13th and I received it on the 15th!!! :mrgreen:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Well after you set up a wifi connection in your home it will work with any wifi device :)

Though the router will come with a very informative and easy manual ....u may like to see here as well
How do I install TP-LINK router to work with ADSL Modem - Welcome to TP-LINK

and believe its not difficult at all ..just around 5-10min even if u just follow the steps :)

Thanks for your help, buddy... :goodjob:

kaushik51094

Guys, Sumthing damn strange! My FB is not pre-rooted... Checked with root checker and it says "ur device does not have root capability" or sumthing like tat!! (don't remember the xact sentence..) :-| :-|

1. Pls tell me how to root it...
2. Also, pls provide me a working tutorial of how i can swap external sd and internal sd! need this very badly :noob:

Pls help....

@tenida - add me to the owner's list pls!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Robin Hood

Just Do It
Funbook Accessories

I have ordered Funbook "Leather case" and "HD shield screen guard" from nCarry.com at a discounted price of Rs.699 and 299 respectively and waiting for the delivery by 23 june

*ncarry.nimbuzz.com/micromax/tabletpc/

The same is newly listed in Flipkart but without any discounts @Rs.999 and Rs.599 respectively.

So if you plan to buy then do it fast through nCarry.com as the offer could be withdrawn at any time.

Micromax Leather Case for Funbook | Cases Covers | Flipkart.com

LAST BUT NOT LEAST I AM WAITING FOR MY FUNBOOK TOO BY 22 JUNE WHICH I HAVE ORDERED TODAY THROUGH FLIPKART.:lol:

abhishekkai08

Broken In
Guys, Sumthing damn strange! My FB is not pre-rooted... Checked with root checker and it says "ur device does not have root capability" or sumthing like tat!! (don't remember the xact sentence..) :-| :-|

2. Also, pls provide me a working tutorial of how i can swap external sd and internal sd! need this very badly :noob:

Pls help....

to root search google for 'sparkyroot' application.
to swap the memory card visit [Script] Change sdcard to memory card. | Funbook

abhishekkai08

Broken In

Pls help....

to root search google for 'sparkyroot' application.
to swap the memory card visit [Script] Change sdcard to memory card. | Funbook

asrupesh

Yesterday brought the funbook from near universal store,chennai
its awesome. touch response is very good.

1. i installed chrome from play store when i open it closes pls help with that and also suggest me an good custom rom

Robin Hood

Just Do It
Re: Funbook Accessories

Its costly buy it from ebay. This one looks cool
New Black Bi-Fold Book Type Faux Leather Case for Micromax Funbook P300 | eBay

Dear Tenida,
Indeed it is costly in nCarry@Rs. 699 and luxury in flipkart @Rs. 999, but that ebay case is not original, it's mentioned in the item description. So I think paying 274 bucks more for an original case will do good. :|

Top Bottom