Micromax Funbook

techlover

In the zone
one thing when i connect my funbook with the usb and turn on the usb storage ...the battery is still not charging ...
dies it only charge when the usb storage is turned off?

A co-worker bought it and I got to use it for some time. Maybe I am used to Gingerbread on my Galaxy Y but ICS felt weird, and the tablet felt cheap and the interface was somewhat sluggish.

Another's buying the 4k Penta TPad. Will post a review of that if I get my hands on it in the lunch break :D

tkin

Back to school!!
I'm planning on getting one this week, will be used only for pdfs(lots of books, both study and thrillers) and maybe a few movies/songs to pass time, not much of a gamer.

Anyway those with the charger issue, how the hell do you fix this? Should I order a micro usb cable(I have a wall to usb charger)? I have started to order the accessories(case, memory card, pen drive) and would order the cable if necessary.

vinayprasadv

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

I have purchased this Micromax Funbook recently... its working fine the only doubt is why it is showing only 2GB when connected to PC as it should show 4GB as promised? Was it designed in a way that it won't show the internal memory of the funbook and will only show the SD card size?

Also in Storage settings also they haven't designed in easy understandable way... it shows internal storage and give free/used space details.. again below one more time it shows internal storage with free/used space details... how we can distinguish which is SD or internal... first of all the representation 2 times means one for internal memory and other for SD card???? can someone clarify me on this???

:-?

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I'm planning on getting one this week, will be used only for pdfs(lots of books, both study and thrillers) and maybe a few movies/songs to pass time, not much of a gamer.

Anyway those with the charger issue, how the hell do you fix this? Should I order a micro usb cable(I have a wall to usb charger)? I have started to order the accessories(case, memory card, pen drive) and would order the cable if necessary.

Don't worry much. I will give my spare LG charger. :mrgreen:

micro-usb cord also comes with the package.

A co-worker bought it and I got to use it for some time. Maybe I am used to Gingerbread on my Galaxy Y but ICS felt weird, and the tablet felt cheap and the interface was somewhat sluggish.

Another's buying the 4k Penta TPad. Will post a review of that if I get my hands on it in the lunch break :D

Its looks not at all cheap dude(you must be comparing something with Samsung galaxy tab or something :p :D). And about the sluggish UI, you can flash Funbook with custom ROM to fixed all lag.

sagsachdev

Hey guys !
What is the best Custom ROM for FB out there ?

I am basically looking for the one with maximum battery life and least sluggishness

Cheers :)

kaushik51094

Hi Guys...:lol: Am new to this forum and thread! Gettin my funbook, most probably tomorrow from Poorvika mobiles... They have it for 6.8k and have agreed to sell it for 6.5k. Should i bargain more and try to get it for 6k or sumthing??? Pls reply:-? :-? :-?

icebags

Technomancer
Hi all,

I have purchased this Micromax Funbook recently... its working fine the only doubt is why it is showing only 2GB when connected to PC as it should show 4GB as promised? Was it designed in a way that it won't show the internal memory of the funbook and will only show the SD card size?

Also in Storage settings also they haven't designed in easy understandable way... it shows internal storage and give free/used space details.. again below one more time it shows internal storage with free/used space details... how we can distinguish which is SD or internal... first of all the representation 2 times means one for internal memory and other for SD card???? can someone clarify me on this???

:-?

the inbuilt explorer is crap, try ES explorer or something else good. you can check memory card sizes from settings > storage.

sajo

Broken In
Got my FB today morning. Had ordered on Friday. Excellent packaging by Flipkart.
And surprise surprise...! They listed a grey one, but sent me a black one.
Black looks much much better than the grey I had earlier (and returned to Snapdeal). This one is a May 2012 manufactured piece. Hopefully, the niggles have been all ironed out.
The rear of the black with its faux carbon fiber effect looks neat.
First impression : Cool. For the price, no complaints at all!
Need to mount the 8GB card I had ordered earlier (also from Flipkart) , and I am good to go!

EDIT : Forgot to add , even the startup screen is now colour on black instead of the colour on white of my earlier FB! So its not just the back panel which has been changed. Overall, this looks better finished. The last wall charger simply disintegrated into 2 pieces when I held it in my hand for the first time. This one looks solid, no such issues.
I hope Micromax keeps tweaking the product and improving it. And when they launch a 10" version , I would again be buying!

Also, anyone knows how many Funbooks MM must have sold till date ? 10k? 20k? Am I way off the mark ?

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
even the startup screen is now colour on black instead of the colour on white of my earlier FB!

I had the same firmware loaded into my device, and unfortunately my CWM backup is corrupted. The stock rom I found online is ok, but it includes the android boot logo instead of micromax boot logo. I manually edited the boot screens and changed the white background color to black (well its not exactly the same).
If you backup your rom, if possible please share the backup with us. (Or just the system.ext4.tar file ):|

@tenida and others:
I need a case(and stand). Can the DOMO nCase B8 set to any viewing angle? I don't really want Domo case for Micromax tablet, but if no other case are good enough, I guess I don't have a choice. Also homeshop18 can not deliver items to my address(don't know why, but Flipkart, Ebay and Snapdeal can:shock:).

I'm having an issue with this tablet for some days, :evil:I touch something, and something else get touched and opens. eg, I touched wifi on/off, and the launcher gets pressed. One of my friend having this problem too.

I tried all the roms on this tablet, and found out CyanBook_V0.2 is best(well for me, felt like its my own android tablet). But I love the 2160P Super HD-Player and I could not install it(apk extracted from stock) on CyanBook_V0.2. This was the only reason I'm again living with stock.

Also can anyone tell me any good hdmi cable for this tablet?

abhishekkai08

Broken In
Has anyone tried connecting any external hdd to it? Will it work?

yeah it does, but only while it is charging otherwise it switches off,maybe because of high power requirement by the HDD. i tried a 500 gigs HDD and it worked!

Is there any way to get bluetooth working on this tab? Need it for GPS :S

location services work well with the network triangulation...and even if it had a gps chip it would require a assisted gps service for correct location determination which is the same as network triangulation.

yeah, but it wouldn't show the speed and altitude info.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know one thing about Fun book. Does it have Wifi Direct enabled in Funbook?

i heard that ICS 4.0 is equipped with Wifi direct, so i tried to search my fun book for that option

but i am not able to fine anything like that...

Please help

no wifi direct is not present, for wifi direct the wifi card should also be wifi direct compatible. but you can create a ftp server on your funbook and share files via a computer or any file explorer on a mobile device which supports a ftp server.

This is what I get when trying to share internet over wifi using connectify pro

The tab gets connected to the hotspot but I cannot browse on that :-(

*i.imgur.com/adtCM.jpg

tell me what i can do

manually select your lan card in the 'internet to share' option. and, see that if works. otherwise try disabling and reenabling your wifi and lan adapter.

mastervk

In the zone
I was going to buy Micromax but once i started research i bought Ainol Aurora.Till now i have not faced any issue but i am mostly using it a e book reader.

aviatcogni

Broken In
I was going to buy Micromax but once i started research i bought Ainol Aurora.Till now i have not faced any issue but i am mostly using it a e book reader.

I m proud FB owner.. But going with time, just want to update u all with these new kids which may have potential.... (I m no marketer !!! :) Just FYI..)

1) NEW iberry BT07i ANDROID 4.0 CAPACITIVE TOUCH Tablet PC HDMI GAMES 1Yr MFG Wrty | eBay

2) Ainol Novo 7 Tornado 1GB Ram / 8GB, 7" inch Touchscreen Tablet PC Wifi Tornados | eBay

3) Veedee D10 Capacitive 7" Tablet PC - Android 4.0 - Cortex A10 MID - WIFI 1080P | eBay

Top Bottom