Micromax Funbook

enticer86

Stay Silent!
I surfing over wifi connection. I don't have any 3G dongle with me so, can't check.

Its not possible for me to review everyone's suggested game, still I will try. What 100MB pdf file!! sorry I don't have such file.

Hi. Sorry for not being a regular here.
First and foremost, I have tried using Reliance Netconnect+ dongle without any success, using all possible tips and tricks to use USB dongles on Tabs. I guess MMX FB is locked to Tata. Furthermore, if you check the box/bill, the device has a SIM no. also. Plus the Tata offer leaflet says something about activating the tablet or so. So maybe MMX has tied up with Tata to keep the device locked to one operator. I doubt it, but Reliance dongle freezes the device.

Secondly, am reading Tintin comics using the Aldiko reader.. Works like a charm.

PS: Temple run is great. Also try MotoRacer. Skype works like a breeze, but the other person can't see my video, though i can see them.

abhishekkai08

Broken In
hey guys! has anybody noticed the glitch with the touch response while the device is charging? if not, then please put your device on charge and do some web browsing for about 15 mins....or mayb, it's just with my device

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Hi. Sorry for not being a regular here.
First and foremost, I have tried using Reliance Netconnect+ dongle without any success, using all possible tips and tricks to use USB dongles on Tabs. I guess MMX FB is locked to Tata. Furthermore, if you check the box/bill, the device has a SIM no. also. Plus the Tata offer leaflet says something about activating the tablet or so. So maybe MMX has tied up with Tata to keep the device locked to one operator. I doubt it, but Reliance dongle freezes the device.

Secondly, am reading Tintin comics using the Aldiko reader.. Works like a charm.

PS: Temple run is great. Also try MotoRacer. Skype works like a breeze, but the other person can't see my video, though i can see them.

Oh my :( Hope, to see something work in the future, as of the ebook reader, it is great to hear :) :).
But, Skype :O :O Did, you try once or multiple times, if the other person is not able to see you, then what purpose is that vga front cam put in for! Holy crap!

R2K

In the Zone
I haven't tried it from my funbook......i am using it from PC.With google chrome+ Apk downloader extension.

follow the site below and u can download the apk files directly to pc from google play store.

APK Downloader – Download APK files from Android Market to PC code ki?m c?m :)

Is this method even safe ?
Its asking for my google id and password along with android device ID.:|

So many people purchased this device and nobody cares to give a review yet ? :D
Come on !!
Atleast post some pics / screenshots

azzu

AJJU
just got the Book.. :D

first impressions : Typical micromax build..
screens not up to mark ..

loving it :D

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Shocking and amazing! Shipped last night, delivered at the noon time today! Woot Woot! Snapdeal :p Neat deal ;) Though, i havnt had a glance, out of station, will get back in a day or two.

rahulm26

Right off the assembly line
My review of the funbook:

Bought from Ncarry.com.......although their helplines don't work.......the shipment came to my doorstep before the promised deadline.......6 days to be precise......(the shipments originate from gurgaon.......i live in mumbai).....packing wasn't all tht bad either....

Battery Life - 4 hrs easy

Screen brightness - no complaints.....its no ipad but hell u can watch videos and read lonng ebooks without straining ur eyes.....

Sound - great

Touch interface - no issues......(again its no ipad......but its as good as the one in samsung galaxy ace smartphone if i have to make a comparison)

Build - sturdy......glossy finish......its a fingerprint magnet

Google Play - Market is installed and updates to google play on first use......one must use a good internet connection.....else he will get a connection timed out error......this happens in all android devices

Camera - VGA good enough fr video chatting......it renders good enough clarity.....but u will have to sit in a very well lit area to get the best experience

Mic - as seen in a video tht mic is absent......its got a mic inbuilt......can also record audio using an app which is preloaded in the tablet

Softwares:
Its got some useless micromax softwares.....im gonna remove em.
It also has Adobe reader, Adobe Flash Player, Document editor, all the essential google apps, an ebook reader, audio player, HD video player.....
U can very well use this tablet widout installing new apps.....ur basic needs are well covered.....ok one exception......no FB app u will have to download this app on ur own

Browser - bad......but one can install better browsers like opera, mozilla from google play......

Special note fr ebooks: Its good to read, but many a times the source you are reading from has small font or a lot of white space in the borders because of which one has to zoom in/out constantly which quite frankly is painful in any tablet........instead i will recommend to use softwares like caibre and convert your text file (pdf,doc,docx,htm,etc....) to epub format........now wen u read the ebook in epub frmat all these hassles of zoomin in/out are gone n u get a sharp/crisp text view without zooming

Suggestions:
1. Buy an ipod headset.......no headfones are provided wid the tablet.
2. Install a microSD card but only a class 6 or class 10 variant to keep the speeds high
3. Do not buy tata photon dongle......u can instead create hotspots using an android smartfone or laptop
4. Hunt fr a scratch guard and a cover fr the tablet.....jus to keep it as good as new freva.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@rahulm26: nice, short review. only thing missing is gaming performance. have you tested any?

enticer86

Stay Silent!
hey guys! has anybody noticed the glitch with the touch response while the device is charging? if not, then please put your device on charge and do some web browsing for about 15 mins....or mayb, it's just with my device
Ya, noticed this. But once you remove the charger, it magically becomes fine.

Oh my :( Hope, to see something work in the future, as of the ebook reader, it is great to hear :) :).
But, Skype :O :O Did, you try once or multiple times, if the other person is not able to see you, then what purpose is that vga front cam put in for! Holy crap!
Boss, bear in mind this is ICS OS.. even Skype is not so fast :wink:. Skype does give an alert, that your device is soo futuristic and they are taking time to have a Skype for Android 4 soon :-D

Suggestions:
1. Buy an ipod headset.......no headfones are provided wid the tablet.
3. Do not buy tata photon dongle......u can instead create hotspots using an android smartfone or laptop
Try the cellphone head:wink:sets. I use my BB headset and use it for Skype calls.
And any idea how to create a laptop hotspot? Am unable to do this!

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Thanks.. using Wifi on my BB and MMX Pad now :) Thanks
Final thing required - unlocking so as to use reliance dongle on MMX

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Now guys check my review

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/155854-micromax-funbook-review.html

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Shadowgun is paid app. :(

Yes but there are ways to get around it *wink*..
come on, just a test if it works or not.. :-?.. is that so hard, dont keep it if u dont like piracy.. ive been asking since the day this tablet got released :/

BTW: Is the Tablet Prerooted ??? Does SetCPU work in the Native Kernel

You can remove rom integrated apps using Titanium Backup Pro if u have root access.. even if you dont, they can be removed using adb..
Test adb too while you are at it
(Sorry if I sound demanding, but im just too excited to order mine :O)

Top Bottom