Micromax Funbook

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Crisp review rahul! Good work, an advice, avoid "...." ;)

Now, guys, suggest me a cover, scratch guard and a perfect hi speed 16GB card for Funbook!!

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Crisp review rahul! Good work, an advice, avoid "...." ;)

Now, guys, suggest me a cover, scratch guard and a perfect hi speed 16GB card for Funbook!!

Although class 4 card is enough for it. But still if you want, you can buy Sandisk 16Gb class 6 card.

Btw. I have order a Sandisk 16Gb micro-sd card(class 4) from flipkart.

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Although class 4 card is enough for it. But still if you want, you can buy Sandisk 16Gb class 6 card.

Btw. I have order a Sandisk 16Gb micro-sd card(class 4) from flipkart.

Cool buddy, will opt for it! Will look for one in the retail market tomorrow, else will order this! ;)

How about the screen guard and cover tenida ? Those are two of the urgent things i need!

Also a worry for me is, not so great speed that i get through my datacard, using an aircel sim, how will i be able to update market to play store, it'll also be my first exp wid android!! Excited and nervy :D

[EDIT]

There is nothing mentioned about the warranty of the mem card on Flipkart, i understand that this can be a lame question, but still! ;)
Another lame one, what's with this Mobile Ultra Micro SD HC I :O Elaboration may help!

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Trust me, since the time i wrote that last reply, i have been trying to recollect and find the coupon for you, it was for sure a generic one, since um out, the internet speed is way too slow, google a bit, you'll find the coupon code!! I'll post it, once i find it! Had sadly, deleted the history as well!!

[EDIT]
Got it, follow this buddy ;)

Checked it but didn't work, I think it works with ICICI only:-?, nways I ordered it from snapdeal, Now the waiting begins :)

varunparakh

Gamer in me
^^ Congos buddy ;) :)

As of the ICICI thing, i got it via COD ;) :p May be the offer must have ended by now :(

I have just ordered a Sandisk Class 6, 16GB Mem card from Flipkart :)
Thanks tenida for the link ;)

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Cool buddy, will opt for it! Will look for one in the retail market tomorrow, else will order this! ;)

How about the screen guard and cover tenida ? Those are two of the urgent things i need!

Also a worry for me is, not so great speed that i get through my datacard, using an aircel sim, how will i be able to update market to play store, it'll also be my first exp wid android!! Excited and nervy :D

[EDIT]

There is nothing mentioned about the warranty of the mem card on Flipkart, i understand that this can be a lame question, but still! ;)
Another lame one, what's with this Mobile Ultra Micro SD HC I :O Elaboration may help!

Don't worry even if Flipkart doesn't mention it, there will be a warranty.
Mobile Ultra Micro SDHC is a class 6 Micro SD card, that means it has a write speed of about 6MB/s and read speed of ~30MB/s. A class 4 Micro SD card has a write speed of about 4MB/s . class 6 is usually meant for devices that can capture HD videos or that can play back HD videos(in HD resolution).
In case of the Funbook a class 4 will be more than sufficient, even if you used a class 6 there wouldn't be any difference in performance. the only difference you'll notice is when you transfer files from your PC to the Micro SD card i.e class 4 will take little more time than class 6.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
hey guys 1 more query ..
is there any nokiq pc suite app for this tab coz i want to tether it to connect to internet..
any other way to connect my phone to use internet on funbook..

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
If it had GPS i would have definitely purchased it for my car entertainment , sadly it doesnt . Can you guys please mention any cheap tablet with GPS function ?

iSLaND

Broken In
hey guys 1 more query ..
is there any nokiq pc suite app for this tab coz i want to tether it to connect to internet..
any other way to connect my phone to use internet on funbook..

Which phone do you use?

In case you use Nokia S60v3, s60v5, anna or belle, I have a fantastic way.

Joikuspot - It turns your phone as wifi hotspot. You can than use your phone's 2G/3G GPRS in your wifi enabled devices including funbook. Premium and Free versions are available. I currently use it, works like charm with my laptop and nokia s60v3 phone.

That leads us on to a short summary of what to use to create wi-fi hotspot:

1. If you use Nokia Phone (S60v3, s60v5, anna or belle) - Use Joikuspot - premium and free
2. If you use Android Phone - Stock Android has capability to create a wifi hotspot.
3. If you use Windows Laptop - Connectify.me can be very useful though you can always create in-built ad-hoc wi-fi network.

@rohan_mhtr you can use google maps with internet to get same features of GPS.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
*www.letsbuy.com/transcend-microsd-card-8-gb-class-10-ts8gusdhc10-p-21541

The best SD card at the cheapest price

If u want 16 GB,
then get this
*www.letsbuy.com/transcend-microsd-card-16-gb-class-10-ts16gusdc10-p-21550
from letsbuy

Mihir

Right off the assembly line
Now guys check my review

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/155854-micromax-funbook-review.html

Nice review, Tenida. Thanks for showing the ebook display. :)

Now gotta decide between the Funbook and the Xtab.

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Wooo hoooooooooooooooo!!!!! Just opened the packaging, Snapdeal did there part very well! The tab looks fab! <3 Is on charging, the manual says, to charge it for 6 hours before 1st use :p
Um on cloud 7 maan!! :)

swamych

Right off the assembly line
hey guys! has anybody noticed the glitch with the touch response while the device is charging? if not, then please put your device on charge and do some web browsing for about 15 mins....or mayb, it's just with my device

yes i am too facing that problem

saaransh9

Journeyman
reading this thread since a few days and decided to join nice review tenida and rahul.

people round here being asking for games a lot.

guys most games work and no one can test all the games u say gta3(it runs on my dell xcd 35 which has a lower processor and gpu) and all will run well.

shadowgun which 2 or 3 users asked might have problem but chainfire should fix it but it still might have lags.

regarding root access i read its pre rooted so u guys just need to install superuser from the market and u get full root access and removing it or hiding it from the app drawer no one will notice it(i replaced a rooted micromax a70:razz: without anyone saying a thing).yes but the superuser script will remain there (and those inefficient micromax guys will never notice it even if u dont hide your superuser most of them think its just a app.)

Top Bottom