Man hypnotises himself before op

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^ ^ you know what I mean :D the sheer volume!! I dint even know there was a limit on the number of lines you can have per post until now!! :p

There is not a limit of lines but a limit of how many images you can put in a post (15). Mediator exceeded that with his truck-load of smilies.

S

sen_sunetra

mediator

I would try and post my reply. As of now, I am bogged down with some personal work. You have made an effort to reply my colossal post and so it would be unfair, if I don't reply to yours.

But if I still can't post my reply,

my apologies and regards,

Sen

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
mediator said:
Again a sample, where ones thinking is based on the perspective of another!
Should I be offended at this "assumption" of yours that I can't think for myself? Actually I thought I may have clarified it in my next post where I said the article reflects some of my thoughts. (BTW, aren't our thoughts and views influenced by others?)

mediator said:
Let me ask have u really read what there is in great ANCIENT INDIAN TEXTS?
To be honest, no, but only parts of them, and parts where my dad read and translated for me from Malayalam. I thought it's more of a morality thing. But I'm gaining knowledge along the way (through debates like these too).

mediator said:
There r many replies regarding those in this very forum! Besides it seems u still have not read the link I gave previously! Dear mod, learn on what u r replying!
And I had told you before too, that the site is filled with pseudoscience. Neither do the site's claims nor it's author Dr.Sant Kumar Kapoor find any mention in credible mathematical circles. Of course I had read the site, not in its entirety though (I did read 3 or 4 pages), because I felt there was no point. I know Indian mathematicians had found out numerical techniques of solving mathematical problems. But the site's claims of saying that the techniques mentioned there are found out by paranormal properties of Hindu gods is going way overboard and highly pseudo-scientific.
What do you call these examples (I may term them nonsense):
vedicganita.org said:
As the scripture begins with the prayer to Lord Brahma, the overlord of real 4-space and ends with the chiseling of third eye of Lord Shiv, the overlord of real 5-space, therefore, geometric format at the dimensional level is bound to be spatial with the flux of time being solid.
Lord Brahama, Lord Shiv and Lord Vishnu together are known as Trinity of Gods. Studies into mathematical basis of the knowledge of Trinity of Gods preserved in the available Vedic Literature show a complete parallelism between four heads of Lord Brahma and four dimensions of 4-space; five heads of Lord Shiv and five dimensions of 5-space; and six heads of incarnations of Lord Vishnu and six dimensions of 6-space. The detailed studies of idols of Trinity of Gods further take us to their geometric formats respectively being of hypercube 4, 5 & 6.
The Vedic sounds are multi-dimensional domains’ frequencies from within a particular dimensional domain as the structure of that domain. When the sounds are pronounced, the frozen frequencies get initiated and the self organising power of the Vedic sounds sets the frequencies’ potentialisation process into action. It is this process whose utilisation is the aim of different Vedic scriptures
Invoking the gods (and their properties and attributes) to solve maths? Claims that have absolutely no proof solving maths? A fine example of twisting literature to your whims. BTW, I heard from one of my Hindu relatives that the four heads of Brahma is symbolic of his vision in all four corners of the world. Of course, he could be wrong. The writer of the site interprets his four heads as the four dimensions. Of course, different people, different interpretations (or maybe plain backfitting).

If you want to know of hypercubes, read a bit: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercube. I found no correlation with the examples in that site you provided.

The site claims that Dr.S.K.Kapoor has solved Fermat's last theorem and Goldbach's Conjecture in his book. I searched on the internet and found absolutely nothing to verify his claims (except in other vedic math sites). You see, Fermat's last theorem and Goldbach's Conjecture are some of the most famous mathematical problems and if someone had found out the proof, it is bound to get publicized and documented in mathematical circles. Mathematical problems (or for that matter, any scientific problem) are subject to scrutiny by other fellow mathematicians (or peers), till it is agreed upon unanimously. But I found no matter about the solution from Vedic maths or from Dr.S.K. Kapoor. From the wiki entry on Fermat's last theorem:
Although Wiles had reviewed his argument beforehand with a Princeton colleague, Nick Katz, he soon discovered that the proof contained a gap. There was an error in a critical portion of the proof which gave a bound for the order of a particular group. Wiles and his former student Richard Taylor spent almost a year trying to repair the proof, under the close scrutiny of the media and the mathematical community.
From wikipedia entry on Goldbach's Conjecture:
As with many famous conjectures in mathematics, there are a number of purported proofs of the Goldbach conjecture, none of which are currently accepted by the mathematical community.
I wonder why vedicganita.org or Dr.Kapoor escaped the scrutiny of the mathematical community and find no mention there.

However, if overlooked it, or if there is a site in which true mathematicians have genuinely validated the claims of vedicganita.org or Dr.S.K.Kapoor, please provide the link, and if such validity exists, I'm willing to apologize and say that I was wrong (please don't provide links to other vedic math sites).

mediator said:
I am just wondering if u can even read the researches and science I would present. So please refrain from talking nonsense.
Of course I do read if I get time. And I find it is extremely condescending of you to say that what I am saying is nonsense, and it would be nice if you tone down that attitude a bit. Maybe nonsense to you, but as I have said it before, with varying perspective, even the term nonsense can be relative and subjective. Your "sense" may be nonsense to me. But I don't think that I have ever disrespected your views.

------

You know, I'm reminded of an incident here from the debate. When I was in the 10 standard, my Hindi teacher (obviously a devout Hindu) said that all the so called western "inventions and discoveries" are fake and plagiarised from ancient Indian contraptions and texts. She said the before the Wright brothers made the aeroplane, we had Pushpakavimana, before TV was invented, we had something (she said something about Sanjeeva). What would you call this except blatant apologism for utter crap? Besides that, I thought it was an extreme insult to the vision, hard work and genuine achievements of people like the Wright brothers and J.L.Baird. I guess I wouldn't be stretching my imagination if I say that the tradition continues in many Indian homes where children are taught to assimilate fairy tales and lies as true knowledge. AS Meera Nanda says, we are skeptic about western sciences and inventions until it "fits" with the ancient texts.

After the lecture, when I asked my friends about their opinion on the hogwash, I was a bit shocked to hear them say that whatever she said was true (maybe except Muslim and Christian friends). Some had other opinions like the inventions might've been coincidental or genuine achievements, but they were all agreed on the truth of the teacher's statements. I concluded there was no point arguing with them.

I realised a thing about Indian culture that we encourage our kids to accept anything the parents or teachers say to their face value without arguments. Maybe its the tradition of respecting the guru (I'm not arguing against giving anyone respect, except for the fact that the faith may discourage independent thought). We are no different from western counterparts in the sense that where they teach that the Bible or the Quran or the Torah is the Ultimate Truth, we say its the Ramayan, Mahabharat and/or the Vedas.

From what I have seen in evangelical TV shows and websites, every damn mathematical or physics or any scientific problem can be or are solved from any of these these texts. The problem is, which is to be believed (if believed at all)?

PS: @mediator, I really like debates like these and hearing views from guys like you, but unfortunately I have less time these days. Last time, I had a project to work on if you remember (which I just finished in the nick of time). This time, I have my exams (from 22nd May), and I have a lot to study. So maybe my participation might not be active. My apologies. :)

mediator

Technomancer
srivirus said:
Should I be offended at this "assumption" of yours that I can't think for myself? Actually I thought I may have clarified it in my next post where I said the article reflects some of my thoughts. (BTW, aren't our thoughts and views influenced by others?)
Actually u have done very little in the past debate and this one too where u acknowledged very little of your "own" perspective!! BTW, our thoughts and views are influenced only when we allow them to be influenced.

And I had told you before too, that the site is filled with pseudoscience. Neither do the site's claims nor it's author Dr.Sant Kumar Kapoor find any mention in credible mathematical circles. Of course I had read the site, not in its entirety though (I did read 3 or 4 pages), because I felt there was no point. I know Indian mathematicians had found out numerical techniques of solving mathematical problems. But the site's claims of saying that the techniques mentioned there are found out by paranormal properties of Hindu gods is going way overboard and highly pseudo-scientific.
Your statements shout of how much u have read the site.

vedicganita.org said:
As the scripture begins with the prayer to Lord Brahma, the overlord of real 4-space and ends with the chiseling of third eye of Lord Shiv, the overlord of real 5-space, therefore, geometric format at the dimensional level is bound to be spatial with the flux of time being solid.
Lord Brahama, Lord Shiv and Lord Vishnu together are known as Trinity of Gods. Studies into mathematical basis of the knowledge of Trinity of Gods preserved in the available Vedic Literature show a complete parallelism between four heads of Lord Brahma and four dimensions of 4-space; five heads of Lord Shiv and five dimensions of 5-space; and six heads of incarnations of Lord Vishnu and six dimensions of 6-space. The detailed studies of idols of Trinity of Gods further take us to their geometric formats respectively being of hypercube 4, 5 & 6.
The Vedic sounds are multi-dimensional domains’ frequencies from within a particular dimensional domain as the structure of that domain. When the sounds are pronounced, the frozen frequencies get initiated and the self organising power of the Vedic sounds sets the frequencies’ potentialisation process into action. It is this process whose utilisation is the aim of different Vedic scriptures
Invoking the gods (and their properties and attributes) to solve maths? Claims that have absolutely no proof solving maths? A fine example of twisting literature to your whims. BTW, I heard from one of my Hindu relatives that the four heads of Brahma is symbolic of his vision in all four corners of the world. Of course, he could be wrong. The writer of the site interprets his four heads as the four dimensions. Of course, different people, different interpretations (or maybe plain backfitting).
Don't tell me that u didn't read the site just becoz of that excerpt. Thats really, well, "not wise"!!
People think by "athidevo namah","pitri devo namah" worshipping is done for everyone and hence 330 million gods? Ignorance at its best?

If you want to know of hypercubes, read a bit: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercube. I found no correlation with the examples in that site you provided.

The site claims that Dr.S.K.Kapoor has solved Fermat's last theorem and Goldbach's Conjecture in his book. I searched on the internet and found absolutely nothing to verify his claims (except in other vedic math sites). You see, Fermat's last theorem and Goldbach's Conjecture are some of the most famous mathematical problems and if someone had found out the proof, it is bound to get publicized and documented in mathematical circles. Mathematical problems (or for that matter, any scientific problem) are subject to scrutiny by other fellow mathematicians (or peers), till it is agreed upon unanimously. But I found no matter about the solution from Vedic maths or from Dr.S.K. Kapoor. From the wiki entry on Fermat's last theorem:
Even I didn't find anythin likewise. May be its not published becoz the author is not an Englishman? Ah, I forgot the concept of basmati rice is patented and many such INDIAN concepts that are patented. And then people say why don't INDIANS reveal it, if they have it.

So its revealed, and it seems u r also after some "peers" to get it verified! But neways there r many other links in my previous post that u may like to read and get them verified! The "herd instinct" rulez after all. Don't u agree? :)

Of course I do read if I get time. And I find it is extremely condescending of you to say that what I am saying is nonsense, and it would be nice if you tone down that attitude a bit. Maybe nonsense to you, but as I have said it before, with varying perspective, even the term nonsense can be relative and subjective. Your "sense" may be nonsense to me. But I don't think that I have ever disrespected your views.
U have shown how much u read, u didn't even read the 33 pages pdf u linked previous time.

You know, I'm reminded of an incident here from the debate. When I was in the 10 standard, my Hindi teacher (obviously a devout Hindu) said that all the so called western "inventions and discoveries" are fake and plagiarised from ancient Indian contraptions and texts. She said the before the Wright brothers made the aeroplane, we had Pushpakavimana, before TV was invented, we had something (she said something about Sanjeeva). What would you call this except blatant apologism for utter crap? Besides that, I thought it was an extreme insult to the vision, hard work and genuine achievements of people like the Wright brothers and J.L.Baird. I guess I wouldn't be stretching my imagination if I say that the tradition continues in many Indian homes where children are taught to assimilate fairy tales and lies as true knowledge. AS Meera Nanda says, we are skeptic about western sciences and inventions until it "fits" with the ancient texts.
You know what, when I was in 10th standard I was told about the amazing Appolo Moon mission. Later I found it was all some frustrated efforts to fulfill some desperate attempts.

After the lecture, when I asked my friends about their opinion on the hogwash, I was a bit shocked to hear them say that whatever she said was true (maybe except Muslim and Christian friends). Some had other opinions like the inventions might've been coincidental or genuine achievements, but they were all agreed on the truth of the teacher's statements. I concluded there was no point arguing with them.

I realised a thing about Indian culture that we encourage our kids to accept anything the parents or teachers say to their face value without arguments. Maybe its the tradition of respecting the guru (I'm not arguing against giving anyone respect, except for the fact that the faith may discourage independent thought). We are no different from western counterparts in the sense that where they teach that the Bible or the Quran or the Torah is the Ultimate Truth, we say its the Ramayan, Mahabharat and/or the Vedas.

From what I have seen in evangelical TV shows and websites, every damn mathematical or physics or any scientific problem can be or are solved from any of these these texts. The problem is, which is to be believed (if believed at all)?
I agree she shouldn't have said that. But if I were u, I wouldn't have "rejected" it also. Its only upto u to find out whats correct and it seems u can do that if u have done taking the "helping hand" of meera ji!

Ah, yes the "concept of less time & so..." and posting randomly. Sometimes its called "troll" and it doesn't look nice if mods behave that way! :)

karnivore

in your face..
A wishy-washy whisper on a blog and it amounts to mountains of evidence in favour of the counter argument. :D If one questions, then he is of course being "closed minded" and following "the herd". But if one accepts without even questioning, he is the poster boy for "open-mindedness".:confused:

Dr Novella has already explored this open mindedness (OOPS....did i do it again):D
Here's some more "open mindedness"

In the words of Bertrand Russell:

There is something feeble and a little contemptible about a man who cannot face the perils of life without the help of comfortable myths. Almost inevitably some part of him is aware that they are myths and that he believes them only because they are comforting. But he dare not face this thought! Moreover, since he is aware, however dimly, that his opinions are not rational, he becomes furious when they are disputed.

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
Seems like Dr.Novella n Bertrand Russell have atleast one loyal and lifelong fanboy with them to sing n praise their words everywhere he might go. Nice strategy to gather some audience and collect a few coins. Funny indeed. WTH :oops:

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
I wouldn't have replied here, but since there have been some accusations levelled against me by mediator, I'm taking a break from my studies and posting here.

mediator said:
Actually u have done very little in the past debate and this one too where u acknowledged very little of your "own" perspective!! BTW, our thoughts and views are influenced only when we allow them to be influenced.
I agree. Maybe you allowed the influence of some people on yourself, whose views may not have influenced others like me. But I disagree when you say that I haven't put forth my views. I provided links that justify or substantiate my views. Just like you did and still do. How can you even accuse anyone of not having an opinion of their own for giving links if you yourself find it very easy and convenient to post links to sites that are in agreement of your own views or which further take your point ahead?

mediator said:
Your statements shout of how much u have read the site.
And can you make that clear? There was in all about 9-10 pages on that site. And most of them were doing the same thing.
BTW, if your site's claims of the Rigveda Samhita are assumed right, then this site is also right in what it claims:
*www.submission.info/quran/appendices/appendix1.html
Of course, from your viewpoint, you shouldn't be having any problem with what this site claims, as you have said people shouldn't be skeptic to reject everything (though I find that site a big hogwash). But if you do not accept the site's claims as true, may I know the reason for it?

mediator said:
Don't tell me that u didn't read the site just becoz of that excerpt. Thats really, well, "not wise"!!
People think by "athidevo namah","pitri devo namah" worshipping is done for everyone and hence 330 million gods? Ignorance at its best?
No. I came across those exerpts while I was reading the page 'Multi dimensions of time and space in Manasara'. I said that these are examples which I find hard to digest, because this is no way of solving a mathematical problem. Claims or chants cannot be held as axioms in a mathematical proof. Its not ignorance pal, its skepticism.

Since you are an atheist, you should not even have given a link to a site like vedicganita.org.
Look at this statement - "Lord Shiv, the overlord of real 5-space, therefore, geometric format at the dimensional level is bound to be spatial with the flux of time being solid." If you are an atheist, and a mathematician, just tell me when did Shiva ever become the overlord of the real 5-space? And taking that as an axiom, how can you even go about solving any problem? And if you do believe that Lord Shiva is indeed the overlord of the real 5-space, then your claim of you being an atheist stands redundant.

mediator said:
Even I didn't find anythin likewise. May be its not published becoz the author is not an Englishman? Ah, I forgot the concept of basmati rice is patented and many such INDIAN concepts that are patented. And then people say why don't INDIANS reveal it, if they have it.
Isn’t this a prejudice against the white man? Isn't it convenient that whenever a Western source does anything related to the Vedas or any ancient Indian text, you gladly provide details and links, but when you failed to answer my queries, you put an Indian (or Hindu) national's prejudice (or should I say diatribe) that the West doesn’t give us a fair deal and doesn't give us the awards and due credit for our achievements?
You accuse others of deviating the topic all too often as I have observed. But this example of yours of the Basmati rice patent is totally unrelated to the topic. (JFYI, fortunately, the patent for Basmati was not given to RiceTec after the diplomatic row. Basmati is indeed still ours.)
Srinivasa Ramanujan, CV Raman, SN Bose, Jayant Narlikar, etc are Indian* mathematicians and physicists who are well recognized and respected world over. They are not recognized because they are Indians, but because they did something outstanding. They were/are human beings who contributed to the world with their findings/works.
(*Note the emphasis on the word Indian, I did not mention the Indian born US naturalized citizens Harish-Chandra or Dr.Subhrahmaniyan Chandrashekhar, but they are famous and noted for their works nonetheless.)

Against what could be your counter argument, I would beforehand state the unfortunate case of Sir J.C. Bose who could've been credited with the invention of radio (although Nicola Tesla had discovered it before Bose did). But Bose is indeed credited for his contribution to the development of radio.
The modern scientific community doesn't make prejudices or biases against any person based on his/her nationality for genuine works or achievements if they are verified. It is unfortunate if you think so.

mediator said:
So its revealed, and it seems u r also after some "peers" to get it verified! But neways there r many other links in my previous post that u may like to read and get them verified! The "herd instinct" rulez after all. Don't u agree?
I would agree, because for some links, as Carl Sagan said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof", which the sites don't provide. They are not up for testing. Many are unscientific. Most of the sites you provided only have made claims too hard for a skeptic like me to digest. And most of them have never been accepted in the scientific community. If somethings are indeed verified (by peers), then we can rest assured that it is TRUE, and we might not even be having an argument like this.
Maybe you have no problems believing in uncorroborated claims put by any odd guy out there with a dime-a-dozen website, but I'm uncomfortable at it; we are not living in a Utopian world, are we now?

mediator said:
U have shown how much u read, u didn't even read the 33 pages pdf u linked previous time.
I thought that I had clarified it then, that I read things that were critical about Mark McCrutcheon's theories, but I didn't read it in entirety. Just for the sake of it, I had further searched on McCrutcheon and all I could conclude was that he is a person who is scorned upon in the scientific community and whose so called theories are rejected.

mediator said:
You know what, when I was in 10th standard I was told about the amazing Appolo Moon mission. Later I found it was all some frustrated efforts to fulfill some desperate attempts.
Too bad you believe in that hoax. But right now, I'm not really surprised that you do.
But even if the moon landing was a hoax, then you are countering my statements of a hoax with another hoax as an excuse. What's the point?

mediator said:
I agree she shouldn't have said that. But if I were u, I wouldn't have "rejected" it also. Its only upto u to find out whats correct and it seems u can do that if u have done taking the "helping hand" of meera ji!
The incident that I cited had happened in 2001. I didn't even have internet back then and I certainly never even knew of Meera Nanda. Don't make lame assumptions on people. I was always skeptical about these things. That is why I had a hard time accepting it. If the Pushpakavimana was real, then so are the Nimbus 2000 and the Firebolt.

My only argument is that claims have to have proof and the burden of proof lies on the claimant, not on the audience. So far, all the outlandish claims have not had any clear proof of existence or validity, nor have they been verified scientifically. If I say that the Flying Spaghetti Monster came in my cupboard and made the revelation that "The world sucks", then it is upon me to prove it that I had indeed had the revelation from the FSM. It is never your responsibility to prove my claims, nor can I say that I'm right because "you can't disprove me". But then, if some guy out there believes me for whatever I say at it's face value and starts worshipping the FSM and starts a propaganda that the world is suckier-than-thou, then I would not only call him ignorant, but idiotic.
Now replace me with any prophet/swami/guru/seer, the FSM with god/higher consciousness/energy and the revelation with Vedas, Bible, Quran, or any Holier-than-thou book and maybe you'll get the point (but I guess you won't and I wont be surprised if you reply that you find my post really amusing and funny; I have no problems, please laugh all you want).

mediator said:
Ah, yes the "concept of less time & so..." and posting randomly. Sometimes its called "troll" and it doesn't look nice if mods behave that way!
Dude, some of us have other things to do than sit and surf sites. If you think that voicing one's opinion is trolling, then you are as much a troll as anyone else on this particular thread. I really had thought that you were capable of having a sane discussion with, but I never expected you to fall like this and take it down this low. It's very unfortunate that you should think that we just argue for the sake of it and at our convenience. It was very arrogant of you to make such a statement. Having read your earlier posts, you had accused karnivore of plagiarism, where there was none. Now, since you have accused me of trolling, I ask you, do you even know what trolling means? Did I post anything irrelevant? Did I go off topic? Did I make a wild accusation at anybody? Did I have any ulterior motives when I posted here? And since you are pointing at my position of being a mod, you are welcome to complain or make a report to an admin or any other mod if you feel that I am being a troll, and if anyone agrees, I'll resign. Maybe then, the next time there's a situation like this, you won't get a chance to have a go at me because I'm a mod.

Yes, I am a moderator and the reason why I come to this forum is because the administrators of the forum made me a mod and entrusted me with some responsibilities. And once in a while, a topic like this interests me and I post there. But I have other commitments and work too. It really takes time to read, think and type replies. That was why I said my participation won't be active. The least you could've done was excused me. If you think I'm being dishonest here, then it is your problem.

Your attitude of insulting and making snide remarks at your opponents might make you feel victorious, but will get you nowhere. I wonder if all the spirituality in you has disappeared.

Anyway. See ya. Gotta study. Adios.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
k guys just watch the limitations of our brain :)
Dragon Illusion (search it on youtube)

mediator

Technomancer
srivirus said:
I wouldn't have replied here, but since there have been some accusations levelled against me by mediator, I'm I'm taking a break from my studies and posting here.
No accusations, but it seemed funny where on one hand u say u have exams and on other are posting replies! :D

srivirus said:
I agree. Maybe you allowed the influence of some people on yourself, whose views may not have influenced others like me. But I disagree when you say that I haven't put forth my views. I provided links that justify or substantiate my views. Just like you did and still do. How can you even accuse anyone of not having an opinion of their own for giving links if you yourself find it very easy and convenient to post links to sites that are in agreement of your own views or which further take your point ahead?
"Justify and substantiate ur views"? That seems a bit farfetched!

srivirus said:
I haven’t read The Final Theory, but from whatever I could gather (from reviews and articles), author seems to have used situations where phenomena do not appeal to common sense to debunk modern physics. That is plain puerile. It seems like he’s using argument from personal incredulity to debunk modern physics. Common sense would tell you wrong things many times. Some centuries ago, common sense would've told people that the earth was flat. Then, common sense would've also told people that the earth was at the centre of the Universe. Some time back, common sense would’ve told me (and I’m sure many others) that when you invert a glass filled with water covered by a paper, the water will fall to the ground, or that when you lie on a bed of nails, you’d be pierced through. But science tells otherwise, with reasons. Common sense told many people some years ago that it was a miracle that Ganesha statues drank milk, but science gave them a rational explanation as to why it happens. If you put an argument from common sense, I can prove 1=2 using flawed algebra or calculus, but people can find that it fits with common sense (heck, i've befuddled my engineering classmates).
Need to say anymore? Read the pdf of 33 pages u put forward, where the reviewer himself agrees on many issues!

And can you make that clear? There was in all about 9-10 pages on that site. And most of them were doing the same thing.
BTW, if your site's claims of the Rigveda Samhita are assumed right, then this site is also right in what it claims:
*www.submission.info/quran/app...appendix1.html
Of course, from your viewpoint, you shouldn't be having any problem with what this site claims, as you have said people shouldn't be skeptic to reject everything (though I find that site a big hogwash). But if you do not accept the site's claims as true, may I know the reason for it?
Shud I assume from the link u put forward that u know arabic? I certainly don't know arabic. But ofcourse, its your wish whether u wanna believe the "apollo moon hoax" or the site I linked, whether you wanna feel elite by thinking of "Big Bang and all the theories" as a fact or something like hypnotism, spirituality that are more real! Ofcourse you can research about spirituality,hypnotism etc or read about the "reviews and comments" from skeptics. Funny, that one guy in "science or God" thread took the help of "digs" to form hs opinion.

Since you are an atheist, you should not even have given a link to a site like vedicganita.org.
Look at this statement - "Lord Shiv, the overlord of real 5-space, therefore, geometric format at the dimensional level is bound to be spatial with the flux of time being solid." If you are an atheist, and a mathematician, just tell me when did Shiva ever become the overlord of the real 5-space? And taking that as an axiom, how can you even go about solving any problem? And if you do believe that Lord Shiva is indeed the overlord of the real 5-space, then your claim of you being an atheist stands redundant.
Ever heard statements like "Sun god is the essence of whole life on earth", 100 billion years is the age pf brahman?? Understand what it means. "Athidevo bhava, matri devo bhava"? Anything that is essential for our life is treated as God here. So don't just pause when u hear or read the term "God" in context of those lines.

Isn’t this a prejudice against the white man? Isn't it convenient that whenever a Western source does anything related to the Vedas or any ancient Indian text, you gladly provide details and links, but when you failed to answer my queries, you put an Indian (or Hindu) national's prejudice (or should I say diatribe) that the West doesn’t give us a fair deal and doesn't give us the awards and due credit for our achievements?
You accuse others of deviating the topic all too often as I have observed. But this example of yours of the Basmati rice patent is totally unrelated to the topic. (JFYI, fortunately, the patent for Basmati was not given to RiceTec after the diplomatic row. Basmati is indeed still ours.)
Srinivasa Ramanujan, CV Raman, SN Bose, Jayant Narlikar, etc are Indian* mathematicians and physicists who are well recognized and respected world over. They are not recognized because they are Indians, but because they did something outstanding. They were/are human beings who contributed to the world with their findings/works.
(*Note the emphasis on the word Indian, I did not mention the Indian born US naturalized citizens Harish-Chandra or Dr.Subhrahmaniyan Chandrashekhar, but they are famous and noted for their works nonetheless.)

Against what could be your counter argument, I would beforehand state the unfortunate case of Sir J.C. Bose who could've been credited with the invention of radio (although Nicola Tesla had discovered it before Bose did). But Bose is indeed credited for his contribution to the development of radio.
The modern scientific community doesn't make prejudices or biases against any person based on his nationality for genuine works if it is verified. Its unfortunate that you think so.
Thats exactly what the sad part is, that in the quest of so called "modern education" we have lost what was ours! Once INDIA was known as "GOLDEN BIRD". But it seems no one takes a pride in that. Where scientists are coming to a conclusion that sanskrit is one of the oldest and scientific language, we are losing it in our home country. Its feels much worse when u see that the foreigners are the ones who are digging deep to know about INDIAN past and texts. Before it was confined to INDIA no one,even nationals, bothered to know about yoga. But suddenly it became "I'm proud of my INDIA" when major fraction of West started practising it and aproved by the scientists. Majority of illiterates on the subjects of INDIAN PAST, have often shown interest and delight only after the "foreigners" proved that it is correct. Vedic mathematics??

May it was not Edmund Hillary, who climbed the everest first, but a person called "Shiva". Medical science has so many drugs, but the cure of many diseases is itself given in ayurveda without side effects. People are so fascinated by the eye-candy of the west, that a few even speak like "All inventions happen in america, its a great country", "there is nothing in INDIA"! Well if u can see what they can't then certainly that statement I made wasn't for u. :)

I would agree, because for some links, as Carl Sagan said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof", which the sites don't provide. They are not up for testing. Many are unscientific. Most of the sites you provided only have made claims too hard for a skeptic like me to digest. And most of them have never been accepted in the scientific community. If somethings are indeed verified (by peers), then we can rest assured that it is TRUE, and we might not even be having an argument like this.
Maybe you have no problems believing in uncorroborated claims put by any odd guy out there with a dime-a-dozen website, but I'm uncomfortable at it; we are not living in a Utopian world, are we now?
The bold part tells how much blinded you are. You can't accept the researches and facts I linked, but however u can believe on big-bang? Please tell me about its "testability". With all the evidences and "theories" and junk about Universe given in modern science filled in textbooks of school children, may be we shud narrow our scope to a more "observable" and "testable" environment like that of Earth.

Your blind faith in peers is only laughable. Theories after theories, one based on another, modified and replacing others. Is that what u call learning? Recent experiments showed achievable speeds greater than speed of light. Do u understand what it means? You can either have blind faith in such and literally "learn nuthing" or atleast understand the facts and reality & "not" rejectg the things that are real.

Matter is constant: where did this matter come from? We talk of Universe, where did this universe come from? Can materialists ever answer it? But yes, since we can't explain where the matter came from, we formed a law, that "matter is contant" in universe even when, modern science has not been able to even guess about its boundaries. So we get a picture of "matter is constant" in "observable universe"!

So what u say sometimes is hard to digest for me too! :)

I thought that I had clarified it then, that I read things that were critical about Mark McCrutcheon's theories, but I didn't read it in entiretly. Just for the sake of it, I had further searched on McCrutcheon and all I could conclude was that he is a person who is scorned upon in the scientific community and whose so called theories are rejected.
And thanx for acknowledging ur scientific views. I hope u understand that "scientific" community doesn't flourish by just watching the faces of each other and glancing over other's paper likewise. Its an example where people start treating science religiously without much questioning leading to blind approval!!

Too bad you believe in that hoax. But right now, I'm not really surprised that you do.
But even if the moon landing was a hoax, then you are countering my statements of a hoax with another hoax as an excuse. What's the point?
The point is that I read "why" it was a hoax, and not just that "It is a hoax". You surely haven't even read about ayurveda that u started "following" MeeraJi. There are people much learned then me, in "Science and God" thread. Well if u can read MeeraJi's reaply, then I hope u can read the whole of Science and God thread tooo!

The incident that I cited had happened in 2001. I didn't even have internet back then and I certainly never even knew of Meera Nanda. Don't make lame assumptions on people. I was always skeptical about these things. That is why I had a hard time accepting it. If the Pushpakavimana was real, then so are the Nimbus 2000 and the Firebolt.

My only argument is that claims have to have proof and the burden of proof lies on the claimant, not on the audience. So far, all the outlandish claims have not had any clear proof of existence or validity, nor have they been verified scientifically. If I say that the Flying Spaghetti Monster came in my cupboard and made the revelation that "The world sucks", then it is upon me to prove it that I had indeed had the revelation from the FSM. It is never your responsibility to prove my claims, nor can I say that I'm right because "you can't disprove me". But then, if some guy out there believes me for whatever I say at it's face value and starts worshipping the FSM and starts a propaganda that the world is suckier-than-thou, then I would not only call him ignorant, but idiotic.
Now replace me with any prophet/swami/guru/seer, the FSM with god/higher consciousness/energy and the revelation with Vedas, Bible, Quran, or any Holier-than-thou book and maybe you'll get the point (but I guess you won't and I wont be surprised if you reply that you find my post really amusing and funny; I have no problems, please laugh all you want).
Modern science has "vaguely" given the proof that u can read and mark them as correct. May be the pushpaka vimana was real. May be we knew about the nuclear weapons. If evidences for dinosaurs are found, then evidences for them have also been found! Whats the conclusion? That science was advanced in the past? So don't get offended, instead think harder and research harder instead of reading "opinions and reviews"!!
You shudn't have problem in using your own mind, since science is ever changing, with new theories coming out each day and likewise! What remains constant is what already is there. May the way of exploration is changing, the views, and the methods, the variables and equations, acceptations and all! You r only treating the "peers" as if they r god! Your faith in peers is no different than a theist's faith in God.

Dude, some of us have other things to do than sit and surf sites. If you think that voicing one's opinion is trolling, then you are as much a troll as anyone else on this particular thread. I really had thought that you were capable of having a sane discussion with, but I never expected you to fall like this and take it down this low. It's very unfortunate that you should think that we just argue for the sake of it and at our convenience. It was very arrogant of you to make such a statement. Having read your earlier posts, you had accused karnivore of plagiarism, where there was none. Now, since you have accused me of trolling, I ask you, do you even know what trolling means? Did I post anything irrelevant? Did I go off topic? Did I make a wild accusation at anybody? Did I have any ulterior motives when I posted here? And since you are pointing at my position of being a mod, you are welcome to complain or make a report to an admin or any other mod if you feel that I am being a troll, and if anyone agrees, I'll resign. Maybe then, the next time there's a situation like this, you won't get a chance to have a go at me because I'm a mod.

Yes, I am a moderator and the reason why I come to this forum is because the administrators of the forum made me a mod and entrusted me with some responsibilities. And once in a while, a topic like this interests me and I post there. But I have other commitments and work too. It really takes time to read, think and type replies. That was why I said my participation won't be active. The least you could've done was excused me. If you think I'm being dishonest here, then it is your problem.

Your attitude of insulting and making snide remarks at your opponents might make you feel victorious, but will get you nowhere. I wonder if all the spirituality in you has disappeared.

Anyway. See ya. Gotta study. Adios.
Your tone is utterlyy sarcastic and is quite typical. You have "no time' and yet you r posting, and explaining your replies, feeling offended for something true? You saw a statement that talked about INDIAN past and texts and then all u could bring here was a little "enlightment" for "Meera Nanda"! I better start preparing on how to bring "Digg.com" links here I guess. :oops:

It seems u don't even know the definition of "troll", that u r saying that ur is not a troll!

And lastly, u got it all wrong. I don't feel victorious or defeated. Its just my way of learning through debates. Like u gave a review of "Final theory" and I thanked u for it. I didn't put the excerpt from "Final theory" as it is some kind of final evidence or claimed as such, but to make u ponder over it! But it seems u didn't ponder much, even on the pdf u linked!

So the spirituality has not disappeared it has only given me wisdom on how to "debate" also! Spirituality doesn't mean u will invite all the mosquitoes of the world and get urself eaten. If a few people are willing to listen peacefully then they r most welcome, but what can u do of the monkeys who by nature want to destroy the trees and create noise all the time?

So instead of MeeraJi, explore this forum only. U may find a lot here itself! And please don't get offended. I feel guilty. :oops:

Last edited:

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
I'm compelled to say: OH MY EFFING GAWD!

:SIGH:

@karnivore and @legolas, I now know and understand what you guys must've gone through and felt after having a debate with him. And if I'm right, EXASPERATION would have been just one of the feelings.
I sincerely hope, no wish that sen_sunetra won't answer here and is kept busy.

@mediator I don't find it a point to reply now, since you have clearly chosen to believe in what some of us might think of as nothing more than fairy tales, and nothing can shake your belief and faith in them. So be comfortable with it, be your benevolent spiritual self, while I'll be comfortable remaining skeptic towards mere claims, and statements in storybooks and have more faith in science and corroborated evidence documented in credible sources. It will be pointless to argue further. Though I must say, your "way of learning through debates" (clearly involving a condescending attitude and making statements laced with accusations and insults) are quite unconventional.

But I want to know just one thing (just curiosity). I accept the sun is indeed the star that keeps life going on earth. It is seen, everyone sees it, we know the entire process. But how is (Lord) Shiva the overlord of the real 5-space? I still haven't got the answer. And Dr. S.K. Kapoor is definitely not invoking any blessings or using some statement as a ritual. He is clearly using properties of the god Shiva as axioms in the proof of a mathematical problem. If you have fully read the site and if you have knowledge of the texts and Hindu gods, I'd be grateful if you could clear that out for me.

-------

But before I go, continuing from my earlier statement of the "World sucks" revelation from the FSM, I could make a situation where a few people do believe my prophetic words. Years later when this Pastafarian statement is facing criticism, a couple of guys will start a research on it and start an analysis on the wordings.

One will say "the world sucks" means that the world sucks in air, which we all do, so that was the essence. The other will say "The prophet meant that the world likes to give oral sex", while someone else will say "the world indeed sucks, since all newborn babies suckle". Someone else will gather a different viewpoint and will get a PhD in Pastafarianism. But the original meaning will be lost forever that "the world stinks". Aah, human imagination, it has no limits (just like human stupidity).

Its on a similar basis that something like the "brahmastra" and statements like "a projectile with the power of the universe creating a pillar of smoke and a flame" in a brilliant story book will become "evidences" of tracking missiles and nuclear weapons in ancient India (for that matter, so many "glimpses" and "evidences" of the discoveries of modern science and scientific inventions are all too frequently seen in the Bible and the Quran too).

If only everyone had a poetic license... The nuclear weapon can even become flambe'd chicken.

(These were my views and I just put them for people to read. You may have the last word, and the last laugh @mediator. Me bailing out of here)

legolas

Padawan
@karnivore and @legolas, I now know and understand what you guys must've gone through and felt after having a debate with him. And if I'm right, EXASPERATION would have been just one of the feelings.
Its a quagmire :D
One will say "the world sucks" means that the world sucks in air, the other will say "The prophet meant that the world likes to give oral sex", or "the world indeed sucks, since all newborn babies suckle", but the original meaning will be lost forever that "the world stinks".

Its on a similar basis that something like the "brahmastra" and statements like "a projectile with the power of the universe creating a pillar of smoke and a flame" in a brilliant story book will become "evidences" of tracking missiles and nuclear weapons in ancient India
eeeehhahahahahhhehhahahhh :)

karnivore

in your face..
sreevirus said:

First, welcome to the club and second, EXASPERATION is a word that does even begin to describe what it is like to be on the other end. :D

But you guys (@sreevirus and @logolas) have much cooler head than I have. Keep it up guys. :cool:

sreevirus said:
.. "a projectile with the power of the universe creating a pillar of smoke and a flame" in a brilliant story book will become "evidences" of tracking missiles and nuclear weapons in ancient India...

Right O. :D:D

mediator

Technomancer
I'm compelled to say: OH MY EFFING GAWD!

:SIGH:

I sincerely hope, no wish that sen_sunetra won't answer here and is kept busy.

@mediator I don't find it a point to reply now, since you have clearly chosen to believe in what some of us might think of as nothing more than fairy tales, and nothing can shake your belief and faith in them. So be comfortable with it, be your benevolent spiritual self, while I'll be comfortable remaining skeptic towards mere claims, and statements in storybooks and have more faith in science and corroborated evidence documented in credible sources. It will be pointless to argue further. Though I must say, your "way of learning through debates" (clearly involving a condescending attitude and making statements laced with accusations and insults) are quite unconventional.

But I want to know just one thing (just curiosity). I accept the sun is indeed the star that keeps life going on earth. It is seen, everyone sees it, we know the entire process. But how is (Lord) Shiva the overlord of the real 5-space? I still haven't got the answer. And Dr. S.K. Kapoor is definitely not invoking any blessings or using some statement as a ritual. He is clearly using properties of the god Shiva as axioms in the proof of a mathematical problem. If you have fully read the site and if you have knowledge of the texts and Hindu gods, I'd be grateful if you could clear that out for me.

-------

But before I go, continuing from my earlier statement of the "World sucks" revelation from the FSM, I could make a situation where a few people do believe my prophetic words. Years later when this Pastafarian statement is facing criticism, a couple of guys will start a research on it and start an analysis on the wordings.

One will say "the world sucks" means that the world sucks in air, which we all do, so that was the essence. The other will say "The prophet meant that the world likes to give oral sex", while someone else will say "the world indeed sucks, since all newborn babies suckle". Someone else will gather a different viewpoint and will get a PhD in Pastafarianism. But the original meaning will be lost forever that "the world stinks". Aah, human imagination, it has no limits (just like human stupidity).

Its on a similar basis that something like the "brahmastra" and statements like "a projectile with the power of the universe creating a pillar of smoke and a flame" in a brilliant story book will become "evidences" of tracking missiles and nuclear weapons in ancient India (for that matter, so many "glimpses" and "evidences" of the discoveries of modern science and scientific inventions are all too frequently seen in the Bible and the Quran too).

If only everyone had a poetic license... The nuclear weapon can even become flambe'd chicken.

(These were my views and I just put them for people to read. You may have the last word, and the last laugh @mediator. Me bailing out of here)
@mod : I find it really 'typical' that instead of answering my questions, u chose to run away from it every time I ask it. The questions in the "science/god" thread still "remain unanswered" and a few here likewise. But you on the other hand dear, want every question to be answered? :)

U may find it "interesting", though the matters of science regarding Universe are nuthing but fairy tales to me! Earth still revolved around the Sun, gravity was still there, "Universe" was still there etc even when people didn't have the ever changing "equations n variables to fulfill" about them.

" The atomic energy fissions the ninety-nine elements, covering its path by the bombardments of neutrons without let or hindrance. Desirous of stalking the head, ie. The chief part of the swift power, hidden in the mass of molecular adjustments of the elements, this atomic energy approaches it in the very act of fissioning it by the above-noted bombardment. Herein, verily the scientists know the similar hidden striking force of the rays of the sun working in the orbit of the moon." (Atharva-veda 20.41.1-3)

alayan - a vehicle designed to operate in air and water. (Rig Veda 6.58.3)
Kaara- a vehicle that operates on ground and in water. (Rig Veda 9.14.1)
Tritala- a vehicle consisting of three stories. (Rig Veda 3.14.1)
Trichakra Ratha - a three-wheeled vehicle designed to operate in the air. (Rig Veda 4.36.1)
Vaayu Ratha- a gas or wind-powered chariot. (Rig Veda 5.41.6)
Vidyut Ratha- a vehicle that operates on power. (Rig Veda 3.14.1)

Well if u have made up ur mind to treat it as a fairy tale, its ur wish. But still read a few links that wont disturb ur exam preparation.....

*www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_ancient_atomic_3d.htm
*www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/scripts/vimana.html
*www.newbranes.com/alternative-science/ancient-flying-machines/

And hence, like I said why do materialists "fail" everytime I ask such questions! :)
I don't hear u say that, ANCIENT INDIANS didn't even have medicinal knowledge. :D

You have every right to "proclaim" urself as a scientist and then follow "reviews/opinions or perhaps digs?", form a "team" n explain urself, in such a discussion coming randomly even when u have exams and then whine "Oh, I don't have time". How cute! :oops:
And, So I agree human stupidity is infinite. Lets not discuss, as u need time for ur exams! :D

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Damn you shadow2get!!! You start with an innocent question and I feel I have enough material to become a monk in an ashram!!!

I just read through the ENTIRE thread, and I feel it has been an hour which I have NOT wasted. Good argument folks, and mediator, your name doesnt really suit your nature :) no offence, that was a compliment to you...

legolas

Padawan
agreed, we are all puppets and vedas are scintillating in every way than science, as in, every time science invents something, people start searching for words in vedas and match a meaning by translating it (perfectly of course).
science people -> get a life. vedas have already everything... leave C++ and start decoding vedas!! :p may be we will come to know a little earlier which century this thread will stop saying the same things again and again :p

S

sen_sunetra

OK, I am back, at least for a couple of days, with another colossal post. The caveat remains. If you have better things to do, move on.

mediator

What I defined was something like "understanding the nature, body, mind etc" remember? Yes its not like magnetic polarity as in that defintion of +ve and -ve and non-spirituality, it wud mean non-spiritual people are retards who don't want to understand it and that would be absurd!!
Agreed. I mentioned magnetic polarity as a hint, to not get confused, with (+)ve or (–)ve as understood in physics. You do just that and bring in this example of “heat” and “cold”.

Like it is said "cold" is just the absence of "heat" and at 0K, there is no heat. But even 0 degrees centigrade is "cold" for us. "Not Hot" certainly does not mean "cold", it can refer to "pleasant atmosphere" also! Its just the "scale of heat" that is defining "hot","cold","not hot","pleasant". Its just relative. So there is nuthing like +ve and -ve and if non-spiritual is "extreme" opposite of "spiritual". Non-spiritual simply means "not spiritual". I am not saying non-spiritual people are mentally retarded!!
Is it too difficult to say, that a word formed with a negative prefix means the opposite of the base word, without having to resort to erroneous example. Happy-Unhappy, Believable-Unbelievable, Charitable-Uncharitable and finally Spiritual – Non-spiritual. That wasn’t hard, was it ?

So the definition of "non-spirituality" u inferred previously, IMO, is not correct as a person can be "spiritual and scientific both" and it can be "non-spritual and scientific" too. Don't u agree? I People for instance even though "scientific" may eat "junk" food daily, watch obscene content and pursue negetive path as of crime. They may not hold importance to their body and mind as said or be "atruistic" in nature. Then there exist people who are scientific and may experience how much sleep there body needs, whats good for there mind and body and how there shud be a balance in life
Again, the definition of non-spirituality is based on your explanation of spirituality. You are inferring stuffs, that I have never implied. I have never implied, that non-spirituality is being scientific. I would rather call it a rational position than anything.

Like I said, Spirituality leads to a fine balance in all. Just a simple "taste" in "art" and "music" canot be called spirituality. "Taste" is not "spirituality". A person who njoys music and corrodes nature and kills heartlessly cannot be called spiritual! It seems u r having a problem in understanding the very basic definition of spirituality! Like I said, "experience" is what u need and not mere guesses. Assumptions will not help! U may guess as much u like.
Another example of taking things out of context ? I gave the example of Hitler and Stalin, as a reply to your question, which was “Are u sure, if a person who is possessed enough by the material world and its materialistc pleasures can appreciate it "all"?” The answer was Yes, e.g. Hitler and Stalin i.e. a man can pursue materialistic pleasures and yet “appreciate it all”. I never, ever claimed them to be spiritual. It is actually the contrary that I am trying to say. That one does not have to be spiritual to “appreciate it all”.

Taste in art and music is one of the manifestations of the appreciation for quality. That these two monsters also enjoyed nature was also evidenced by their obsession of building rest houses for themselves in some of the most picturesque of places.

I don’t have any problem understanding your spirituality. Its you who is having problem understanding the context in which something is being said (or not), and constantly implying things that were not meant to be. Even after clarifications you are sticking with the errors. And frankly, so far you have not being able to cite one single “experience”, that is exclusive to spirituality.

Not spiritual. One wise guy claimed "psychedelic drugs" do that. Its similar to what I briefed that, "happiness" and "greed" are not the same.
I don’t think that the wise guy was too far off.

I am glad, we r starting to agree even though a little.
Probably you missed, as usual, the line where I say “But there is little “spiritualism” in it”. Hypnotism is a method of suggesting and does not involve any mystical force or anything. Actually the word “hypnotism” is a huge misnomer.

Like I said spirituality is there in everyone. Its only how much "receptive" u r.
A materialist may "smoke" even though he can train other and teach how to play guitar. He may be an alcoholic and a drug addict even though having a scientific mind and a daughter he loves. So a "little" happiness or taste as in art or music etc isn't "spirituality". Again its the scale, and hence I say there is little spirituality in every one that distinguishes spiritual one from "non-spiritual"!! Also, when I talk of a spiritual person it doesn't necessarily mean a "perfect" one. Its again the experience, and wisdom that takes u to the higher level of the scale. But when u take the path of spirtuality, it seems the body and mind are the first that r effected where u start undertsanding and learning whats important for both!
Lets see if I can retrieve anything worthwhile from this utter mess.

It’s the quantity of goodness (using the collective term) that matters. A “little” goodness is not enough. (That’s why, a smoker , who has appreciation for quality, or an alcoholic who is scientific and loves his daughter, is disqualified.) There has to be a whole lot of it. Although we all have little spirituality in all of us, we don’t automatically become “SPIRITUAL”, per se. But when we have whole lot of it, and of course, perceive it, we can stake our claim for SPIRITUALITY. But then, a spiritual person does not have to be perfect. Is that correct ? Now let me wonder aloud.

a)Since you claim, a “spiritual” person does not have to be perfect, meaning, little imperfections may remain, can you please tell us, what are those imperfections, that a person is allowed to possess and yet continue to be spiritual and, of course, why ?

b)How many imperfections can a man possess, and yet be spiritual ? I mean what is the ceiling on number of imperfections ?

c)If goodness far exceeds the number of imperfections, would the man become SPIRITUAL, admittedly, even though he is a materialist and does not perceive spirituality ?

d)You had earlier defined spirituality as i) “the path to know the nature, understand ur own body and mind”, ii) “We are all connected”, i.e connectedness, iii) “the quest for eternal wisdom”. Now which part of this definition is there in little quantity in all of us ?

e)i) & iii) are matters of ACT, while ii) is a matter of REALISATION. Both, ACT and REALISATION need conscious effort on one’s part. Conscious effort means one is aware of what one is doing. So how is it possible for any part of your definition to remain latent in all of us, without we, being aware of it ?

Now, do you want to change your definition of spirituality ? You are saying things that don’t go with that definition.

I hope now I am clear!
Yes you are. Now I know, that goodness is not enough. Unless one has a “large” amount of goodness, one is not “spiritual”. And one has to be “receptive” of…….something, I guess.

Its again how do u define god. It seems god is a highly ambiguous term to define. If it denotes eternal wisdom, then I am a theist and if its a fictious figure in the most typical sense, then I am an atheist (this is the one I mentioned). Science cannot explain "everything" and some people map that unexplained phenomena as God.
The para of mine, that you have quoted and replied to dealt with something entirely different. I have not asked for the definitions of god or soul or whether you are a theist or not. I have simply put two arguments from a theistic point of view. I also specifically mentioned that this is not how an atheist would argue. Anyway.

The expression “god” is not so ambiguous after all. People make it ambiguous for sake of making it ambiguous and probably, to sound too deep. In all religion, god is considered as a supreme being who created everything. The variations start from here. Some consider it to be the one who listens to prayers, punishes sin, rewards virtue etc. (theism), while some believe all that the rules, laws and nature represent god (pan-theism) while yet other believe it to the creator of everything, who does not interfere in the daily activities of human (deism). Comments like, “God is love” or “God is eternal wisdom”, are basically pantheistic metaphors. The minor problem that I have with these metaphors, is that, these always invariably mislead.

Yes, I know that god resides in the dark corners of gaps. As these gaps are being constantly filled up, god is seriously running out of space to hide.

And what do u call soul? Some call it an entity that "cracks the chamber when u r confining a dying body to it", some call it the sub-concious that is constantly giving u messages and thoughts. What do u call it?
There is no such thing as soul. I did not get that sentence within quotes, though. What is that supposed to mean anyway? If anybody wants to call the sub-conscious, his soul, I would not have a major problem with that. The minor problem is that, why not call sub-conscious, what it is – the sub-conscious. We don’t call moon, the sun, at least, not on planet Earth. Or do we.

So by my statement it doesn't mean that I "definitely will" find a reason! I just asked "why" I wont find a reason! U may 'follow' science and may follow a religion. But again it shudn't be 'blind'! If a theist tells me that "God asks us to be benevolent for the sake of society", then tell 'why' won't I find a reason in it?
Because, then you have to believe in a talking god in the most typical sense, who “asks us” what to do, through his messengers or texts. This god can’t be the deistic god or the pantheistic god. This god is of theistic variety. That will go against the fabric of atheism, which you claim to be. So it just seems, that you are not yet sure of which side of the divide you stand in.

sen_sunetra said:
It just seems to me, that your spiritualism is a one way traffic. Like the Mac-fans say, “Once you go Mac, you don’t go back” (or something similar), once one goes “spiritual” there is no way one is going to question it and reject it. If one does, one has not “pondered” or is under the illusion that one has already “pondered” and has rejected without considering the possibility. It does sound like “blind faith”.
Don't mind, but I thought u were mature enough. Spiritualism has nuthing to do with feeling "elite"!! After all the discussion u have now only to say this?
I have not implied spiritualism to be elite. Far from it. It is you who is doing that. You claim “[d]efinition of spirituality is universal I think and is more coherent to the one I gave”, thereby dismissing in one clean sweep all other definitions of spirituality. You do not even appreciate the subtle differences in the concept of spirituality in Christianity and Hinduism and Islam and Buddhism or non-religious belief. If you had, you would not have defined spirituality to be “universal”. (You will see the futility of this towards the end of this post).

Besides, you have not responded to the other part of that quote. So let me rephrase that for you. Do you think that if any person who experiences spirituality and of course realizes/perceives it, can never go back to being non-spiritual ?

Since you do not take the trouble of reading the entire para or post (I don’t blame you for that. The posts are just too long), I will draw your attention to another para in the same post.
sen_sunetra said:
You of course tell us, that “there is a little spiritualism in all, but its the intensity that distinguishes a non-spiritual from spritual and depends on how much u r receptive”, meaning, we may all, including a hardcore materialist enjoy goodness, without really knowing why. Probably this is the third way, you are talking of. If you are, even then you are saying that it is because of spirituality that we have goodness.
You are blatantly attributing all goodness to spirituality, latent or perceived, without being able to correlate goodness to spirituality. Is this “elitism” or what. (Its you who introduced the term “elitism”, not me)

I know 'what" big bang is. I have "read" the theories behind it to be even talking about it. Besides, spiritualism is not a theory! So it won't "cut both ways" as materialist have simply not even "applied" to the path of "spirituality" to be even talking or "rejecting" it. Its like doing regular "gym and running" helps me. Millions of scientists agree with me and have "experenced" it. How can a non-gymers conclude what the experience is? If he has heard about it, then atleast he wont reject that regular gym and running helps. So it wont cut both ways. Like I said u can guess as much u like.
So far, you have not put a single argument that will convince a materialist that spiritualism is something exceptional to non-spirituality, or that it is worth exploring, or that it is nothing more than some hogwash.

Again you have resorted to a wrong example. All one has to do is look at one of those Mr Universes or sports personalities to know what gym routine can do. The effect of a proper gym routine has TANGIBLE evidence. It is not hard for a “non-gymer” to conclude, “that regular gym and running help”. The question of rejection does not even arise. (I have earlier made this point on this gym example) Where is the TANGIBLE proof of the effects of spiritualism, let alone spiritualism itself ? Show the materialists the proof that spiritualism has its effects, and you will have all the materialists biting dust. Simple isn’t it ?

Please do not resort to “experience-it-to-know-it” routine, because so far, you have not been able to provide a single experience that can’t be experienced without being spiritual. Altruism, empathy, appreciation for quality are not at all exclusive to spiritualism. If you claim these to be so, then you have to tell us why these are not possible without being spiritual. (Oh, btw, materialism ≠ mindless pursuit of materialistic pleasure, just in case you resort to this. But I have a feeling that you are going to resort to that only.)

Then he is not a "true scientist" at all. Besides, Big-Bang doesn't stand up to "testability". Shud we "reject" it? We cannot test the boundaries of "Universe". Shall we give up the meaning of universe and confine ourself to earth and related phenomena??
Big Bang probably does not stand up to testability, but it does have some compelling “empirical evidences” (Hubble’s red shift, Background Microwave radiation etc.) all of which point to the Big Bang. Its much like a forensic detective work of piecing together evidences of a crime. Because no one has witnessed the crime, it does not mean the crime was not committed. If the evidences, point towards it, Court will accept it. Its called circumstantial evidence. (May I note, so far no one has ever been able to come up with any evidence of spirituality, other than flimsy claims). We can’t test the boundaries of Universe, but if something has a beginning or is expanding, then it is bound to have a boundary. Can something infinite have a beginning or expand ? You have concentrated on one part of the definition but not the later part – the part that deals with empirical evidence.

sen_suentra said:
Why, is still not understood, and it is a gap. You of course know the how and when.
Ofcors, but do the materialist accept it, since u said they need "clear" explanation of "everything"??
Now see who is guessing. Of course materialists accept the gaps. No one claims that science has discovered or explained everything. And yes, materialists seek clear explanation of everything, through regression. What is so wrong about it. The difference is that, materialists try to find answers in terms of matter while woo-mongers look for something like the FSM, to explain everything.

It seems you r only saying what I did, that we shud not "reject" anything is there both in the form of "data" and "experiments".
Absolutely not. I am in no way saying what you are implying. Science will reject everything and anything that does not have a basis or any evidence of being. Show a basis or some evidence, science will lap it up. Spirituality has not shown any evidence of its effect, homeopathy, chiropractic etc. have not shown any evidence beyond placebo, clairvoyance has not shown any evidence of being more than chance and hence science rejects all of these.

BTW, if you want us not to “reject anything”, why do you reject personal god. How do you know there is no such thing as personal god, or for that matter the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Pink Unicorn or Magic Dragon or an Invisible Morlock. Going by your logic, we should not reject any of those. For that matter, we should not reject anything at all. As someone said, “Don’t be so open minded, that your brain falls off”.

On one hand you reject personal god, in spite of the “fact” that many people claim to have “experienced” the super man (or woman), but on the other, you want us all to consider “spiritualism”, because millions have “experienced” it. Contradicting yourself ? Or am I seriously missing something ?

sen_sunetra said:
I did not explain the “result” of emotions, but the “cause” of emotion. What you are asking is if emotion is the “cause” or “effect”, and I am saying that it is the effect of neural firing and hormonal flow.
Why?
Your bolding. What do you mean “why”. I have got few more “whys” for you, which you will probably be able to answer by spiritual means, science certainly can’t. Why is laughter the correct response to humour. Why do we blink both the eyes simultaneously and not alternately. Why do our toes project towards the front and not backwards. Etc. etc.

The first link u presented didn't have much materialistic explanation but suggests "intelligence often hinges on how much one can make use of the data in its physical environment." which isn't something new for me. I didn't ask for that. Did u read that link? And what does the second link proves? I am not asking the definition of intelligence or about AI. "How , when and why"...remember?? Please enlighten for about behaviour, thoughts, beliefs, intentions etc?? Again "How, when and why"! Everything at material level!!
You seriously do not expect me to answer all those questions on a forum. Hundreds of books have been written on the subject and it is virtually impossible for me to summarize those that I have read. If I could, I would not have been wasting time on a tech forum, but would have written a bunch of books myself. Anyway, I can only suggest you books e.g. The Analysis of Mind by Bertrand Russell. You can start by this and as you progress I will keep suggesting you more books.

As with the links, well, claiming something is easy. Let the scientific community accept these. We shall then see.

I just gave a simple explanation of a software. It can also be that the software is de-centralized and running on a cluster of computers "wirelessly" connected to each other. But to ur example of body/mind/brain of what u say, I wud ask if body fails i.e heart stops then one dies, then surely brain wud also fail, and hence mind. But to the yogis who, control heartbeat, they can regain their normal self afterwards? Is a 2nd life granted to them? But yes, without mind the body is just a chunk of meat!
This remote computing example is a good one (not being sarcastic), probably the only correct, to the context example that you have cited. Anyway. In case of remote wireless computing, the signals are elocto-magnetic waves which are transmitted through air. This set up has a sender and a/ many receiver/s. Everything works within the known paradigm of science.

This however does not mean there is nothing beyond the known paradigm. There may well be a bunch of other waves that we do not know or experience. No one can deny that. But then, to consider these, yet undiscovered waves, as basis for arguments (telepathy, intuition etc.) would mean that we also have to consider the existence of FSM, Pink Unicorn, Magic Dragon or Invisible Morlock. Just as the proponents of the mystical force have no way of proving its existence, science too does not have the mechanism to test it or disprove it. And this is where we use Occum’s Razor.

The example of yogis stopping heart beat makes a presumption that yogis do stop their heart beat. First prove it, then we will discuss on this. A better example could have been, the Russian method of heart surgery, although the method is a totally controlled stoppage or near stoppage of heart. For that matter, any Bypass surgery shall qualify for your example.

May be its the purification of soul? In my terms that would be through mind, body n nature and everything else I said. So it isn't dfferent to mine. U could not distinguish, spirituality from religion, or religion from theism or theism from spirituality. Please understand the difference, what soul "might" be if you "could" undertstand.
You r not a theist, so how can u explain "it is that way". On one point you say to an atheist it will mean all the same and now you r "guessing" what a theist will say?
“Purification of soul” ???? But you say that soul is “sub-conscious”. If you consider “soul” to be a separate being (being ???), like the dualists, then perhaps you can talk of purification of soul. How can one purify ones sub-conscious ? OK, I am sure I am missing something here.

I agree spirituality can be separated from religion or theism, but can religion be separated from spirituality, or theism from religion or spirituality ?

Just because I an atheist if does not automatically mean that I don’t know anything about “theism”. Guess who is guessing and being judgmental. If this is what one gets out of spirituality, then I am more than glad that I am a materialist.

Why do I feel u r trying to twist statements, instead of understanding them? But neways, I was only classifying how and what kind of "religions" there can be. And what "unacceptable" is the "blind" following in both. Read them again and understand the classification!
Read closely, if you can.
Again religion can be classified into those who aim to fulfill their own propaganda and aim and little tolerance over other religions and into those which do not even say anything about themselves or other religions or ask to embrace it, but only aim for the welfare of the nature, life and lifestyle. In some religions there are a set of rulez that one "has to" obey and in other there is no such rule but simply pieces of wisdom that one "may" ponder over and follow.
First
, explain what does “aim to fulfill their own propaganda and aim and little tolerance over other religions” mean in the context of the above para. Second, please make me understand the classification if it is anything other than “bad” (unacceptable) and “good” (acceptable).Third, which part of the above quote talks of “what (is)"unacceptable" is the "blind" following in both”. Fourth, which comment of mine is an attempt to twist your statement.

CORRECTION: "first" is replaced by "above".

To me a person's free will is most important and even if he is religious, he should be able to question freely his own religion and not "obey" it "blindly"!
I can't agree. Asking too many questions is just a part of "pondering", where one realises a situation and simply asks "how, why?". "Rejecting without accepting" or did u mean to say "rejecting without understanding"?
How far, i.e. to what extent, is a one allowed to question “freely”, before one acquires the right to reject ? Let me rephrase that. What if, all these questioning “freely” and “pondering” result in outright rejection ? Will you still call it “rejecting without understanding” ?

Just because killings are going on and you read them in newspapers everyday, u cannot infer that the world contains far more criminals than civilized people. My neighbour is of a different religion and I can't recall if any religious misunderstanding or hatred ever prevailed!!
I don’t think I implied what you are assuming I have. I have simply responded to your observation that if people had hatred for other religion, then there would be mass slaughter. I simply drew your attention to the fact that mass slaughter does happen and it is not at all rare. But you should say that to the families of 6 million jews, or the moslems of Serbia or christians of Somalia or the pundits of Kashmir, or sikhs of Delhi or moslems of Gujrat or…. The list is endless. (I am not even considering the dark ages of Europe.)

“$hit happens”. Don’t they. Why should we be bothered by that. Civilized people far out number the barbarians. So lets raise a toast for humanity and let the barbarians have a day or two of thunder. Every doggie needs bonie, don’t they. Humanity will continue to exist. So who cares about its wounds here and there. Nice spiritual observation. Bravo.

I dunno much about the term "heretic" save its definition and if actually means it, but I dunno what made u drag the term "mleccha" here for the meaning I know is "a barbarian, who is devoid of morality and ethics"! BTW, whats the term corresponding to buddhism, jainism, sikhism?
Mleccha
means one who does not confirm to vedic principles. Even Vevekanda was once referred to as Mleccha by the orthodox Brahmins, surely not because he was devoid of morality and ethics. Of course the word has been used with a wide variety of implications, but always as a derogatory term.

I do not know, the corresponding term in Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism or for that matter in Taoism, Rastafarianism and other hundreds of offshoot religious belief system. I guess that makes me guilty of ignorance.

Its just like distinguishing between theories and laws. If one is intelligent, calls him materialist and a true scientist in approach, then he won't bring "Big Bang" to discussion as if it is some kind of reality that has happened and perhaps tested??
Big Bang is accepted by majority of scientific community for no reason I guess. They are all deluding themselves, perhaps.

Last resort under compulsion doesn't mean "right path"! And by my statement "which right" only meant was "which statement in which you said both were right", perhaps you could not understand them? M I clear now? And no, a "such" simple situation cannot be viewed with "multiple' right and wrong! The statment of stealing is more of a thought like "its wrong but I have to"!!

The complications like "handicapped", unless u say he had one arm or one leg, would have prevented him from stealing neways! And even if he had one arm or one leg, he still could have worked!
Let me take the help of Vivekananda, although I disagree with almost everything he said.

…the only alternative remaining to us is to recognise that duty and morality vary under different circumstances” – Complete Works of Vivekananda, Vol-1, pg 54.

It is this, that I was trying to get across. The thief example was used by Ramkrishna Dev, Vivekananda’s Guru, in Kathamrita, as well. (OOOPS)

Twisting and leading to repeatitions?
a) Sherpa?? laborious or easy? Cold or immune to cold? normal or abnormally amazing?
b) I am learning swimming these days. I don't see life-guards "panting" where I start "panting" just within 1 one minute.
c) Were u lying that u read the links? I'm Demoralised. Please read it carefully now!!
Do you not know, how to reply with reference to the context. I was replying to your question - “You have never climbed everest, so how can u conclude it laborious?”. I was replying to the “HOW” not “IF” there is an alternative ? Yes Sherpas can climb with much ease. But how is that relevant to the question that you had asked. Its like “Whats your name ?” and replying, “My name is Sunetra, and I have friends named Tina, Mina and Linda”.

Still I will try to reply to those:
a)Sherpas have high threshold for fatigue, much higher than even professional mountaineers, probably through genetic adaptation and of course through practice. It is amazing but very normal just like blinds’ heightened sensitivity to sound or smell.

b)The expert swimmers that you are referring to, also have increased threshold for fatigue, due to practice. They too will tire out once they cross that threshold.

In both the cases, fatigue is inevitable. It is a matter of WHEN. You don’t suppose, that if a Sherpa is sent in space he will survive without oxygen, or your expert swimmers can swim all the way to American West Coast.

Quite laborious for sherpas? I don't think 18000 feet is something where oxygen is still in abundant for mental and physical alertness.
So thats quite a lot of conclusion u have done just by "observing" like that "without" actually "experiencing" it!
See a) and b) above.
Couple of fallacies in your arguments:

1) You are not a SHERPA. (Or are you ? Such an authoritative tone.) So when you are concluding that climbing is not always laborious by citing Sherpas as example, you are concluding “without actually experiencing it”, just like me. Just like me you are concluding by “observing” and reading resources.

2) If this is your example of “not rejecting without considering the alternative”, then you are doing so, because of a TANGIBLE PROOF a la Sherpas. Had there been no sherpa, we would have been stuck with only one conclusion. Besides, just because Sherpas have high fatigue threshold, it does not make climbing any less laborious for people like us. Also, high threshold for fatigue does not mean zero fatigue.

Guess, who is making the repetitions.
It seems u r deviating yet again. Read the statement in bold. I don't think our "modern science" is that weak, that even after "thorough medical tests and analysis" there will still be any "possibilities" rather than "possbility" of a "disease".
It seems as if u, to prove ur point, "interrupted" the "medical tests and anaylsis" in a situation where a few possibilites were found. Does "thorough" imply anything to you?

You did not "prove" this example, so I will let you "improve" on this and the succeeding examples u could bring up.
My argument was based on the “POSSIBILITY of A disease” and not on “POSSIBILITIES”. Clearly, you haven’t even read the entire explanation. If you had, you did not even understand it. So, read it once more, probably you will understand what I am saying. I don’t think I can simplify this anymore. And while replying, instead of evading the whole argument reply from 1) to 8 ).

Both the examples of Mt Everest and Doctor were in the context of “experience, not being the sole criterion for knowledge”. You have ripped these out of context and used them in the context of “rejection without consideration”. I played along with you just for the sake of carrying out this debate. And you don’t even show the decency of appreciation (spirituality ???), now, you want me to develop the examples to suite your context. Show some decency by not making such comments and developing your own examples - that too, in the right context.
Ahh, my mistake! But why r u guessing all the time, be its the situation and now guessing about a fictitous data??
My guess was based on “some” data alright, although not a direct one. It was based on 2004, WHO survey of alcoholism across the world. You can download page 22 to 34 from here. Refer to Table 6 on page 24. You will find some interesting pattern emerging. [NOTE: Abstainer means, one who has not drank within 1 year preceding the date of survey]

a)Muslim countries have the highest number of abstainers. (i.e. lowest alcohol drinkers)
b)Countries following the Eastern religious philosophies follow closely.
c)Europe has the lowest number of abstainers. (i.e. highest alcohol drinkers)

You may also refer to the alcoholism pattern in Europe in this link. (Leave aside the fact that Islamic spirituality is entirely different from the eastern or western or your spirituality.)

Here’s what had you said earlier;
IMO, a person who is spiritual or has known that path, wud give up drinking
and,
Besides I think no sane person who has been walking the path of spirituality for years will ever touch those toilet cleaners!
You were of course referring to Coke/ Pepsi.

If I can draw your attention to one of my comments:
My argument on, spiritual persons being the highest drinkers of beer/ coke/ pepsi, were based on principles of statistics. If in a room of 10 people, 8 believe in theory A and 2 believe in theory B, then a random sample of, say 6, will reflect the believers of theory A to be greater in number than the believers of theory B………But, to believe, that spiritual people in the European countries, or say, American continents do not drink beer or coke or pepsi, is probably stretching our imagination beyond reason.
Now, apply the sampling rule of statistics on the data presented above.

So tell me, are you suggesting that in Europe, “materialists” far outnumber “spiritual” persons. If you are, then these are the happy days for materialists. Oh wait. You have already mentioned, a spiritual person needs not to be perfect, or “Large percentage of people drinking "doesn't mean" that many of em can be or may be spiritual?” or <put another excuse>.

On a more serious note, drinking/ eating something that is beneficial to health, depends on one’s awareness and this awareness comes through proper education. It has nothing to do with “spirituality”.
It wont make "MINORITY", but "MAJORITY" of scientists look foolish...
Whats wrong if 70% scientists agree there is basic truth in religion and 68% classified themselves as spiritual? Though the article doesn't mention that they goto churches,
The original article by Elaine Howard Ecklund can be downloaded from here. Let me quote from her article.
During public lectures about the study, the question inevitably asked first is: Do the professors you studied believe in God? When asked their beliefs about God, nearly 34 percent of academic scientists answer “I do not believe in God” and about 30 percent answer “I do not know if there is a God and there is no way to find out,” the classic agnostic response. This means that over 60 percent of professors in these natural and social science disciplines describe themselves as either atheist or religiously agnostic. In comparison, among those in the general U.S. population, about 3 percent claim to be atheists and about 5 percent are religiously agnostic.When it comes to affiliation with particular religions, scientists are also vastly different from members of the broader society. About 52 percent of scientists see themselves as having no religious affiliation when compared to only 14 percent of the general population.

MINORITY seems to be the order of the day.

Childhood religious background, not exposure to scientific education, seems to be the most powerful predictor of future irreligion. Those scientists raised in almost any faith tradition are more likely to currently be religious than those raised without any tradition.

In other words, up-bringing is the key to religiosity among persons.

When asked “to what extent do you consider yourself a spiritual person?” about 66 percent of the
natural scientists and about 69 percent of the social scientists describe themselves as spiritual
. This means there is a population of scientists who say they have no religious affiliation but who do see spirituality as important. Indeed, about 39 percent of those without a current religious affiliation still consider themselves spiritual. In addition, over 22 percent of the scientists who are atheists are spiritual. And over 27 percent of the scientists who are agnostic are spiritual.

So the MAJORITY of scientists actually seem to be “spiritual”. Now lets see, what do they mean by “spirituality”.

And what did these respondents mean by spirituality? Analyses of the in-depth interviews reveal definitions that vary from “a vague feeling that there is something outside myself” to “a deep and compelling, other-centered worldview that directs how research and interactions with students are conducted.” Definitions of “religion” and “spirituality” are not benign constructs for this population. Among university scientists such distinctions often carry a moral weight. For example, one chemistry professor describes having “the feeling that [religion] doesn't really work in that it ends up being a mechanism by which people's thoughts and lives are controlled or meant to be controlled.” This same professor, when asked to compare religion and spirituality, says that spirituality is “more flexible and personal, and a lot less judgmental. In fact, she explains, “[W]hen I think of a spiritual person, the word ‘judgment’ doesn't even pop into my mind.” For many of those who consider themselves spiritual, spirituality means simply having a larger purpose or meaning that transcends daily concerns. For many of the natural scientists, in particular, knowledge of the spiritual comes directly from their work.

Aha. So much for “spirituality” being “universal”. Those definitions or understanding of spirituality are just too remote to your definition, to be overjoyed by that magic figure of 66 %. Oh. Wait a minute. They did mention the word “spiritual”. Didn’t they.

Interesting, that some think that, “knowledge of the spiritual comes directly from their work”. Lets have a look at what I had said earlier.
sen_sunetra said:
I do not have any problem with your definition of spirituality, as long as it is about "the path to know the nature, understand ur own body and mind". Some might, however, go about the same by means of nature study, or study of biology or neurology or anthropology etc. and call it education.

So whats the conclusion.
There is some truth to the perception that scientists and the academy are “godless.” Yet, to see the academy only from this monolithic view would overlook the significant numbers of scientists who do identify with some form of faith tradition (48 percent) as well as those who are interested in spirituality (about 68 percent). In addition, when we look at the religious backgrounds of scientists, the picture becomes more complicated. Scientists come disproportionately from irreligious backgrounds or backgrounds where a faith tradition was only nominally practiced…… In addition, results reveal that scientists raised in religious homes often remain relatively religious.

I liked the original tone of how u presented urself here, but the tone u r talking in, it seems has been heard before!!
Like I said u can remain "skeptic" of the things u don't want to "believe" in or shud I say "hate" to believe in, and mark and talk of other things like "Big Bang theory" as if it were to be fact! Its all ur choice!
All I am asking is proof. That’s all. Not some flimsy letter to the editor which we do not know if was published or not, not some claim which could not be repeated in front of skeptics, not some “i-said-so” or “i-heard-so” or “I’ve-seen-so”. Pure, hard evidence.

Irony is that, you are talking of ‘tone’. Right from the beginning you have characterized me.

You seem to have something chronic with the Big Bang theory. Too bad. Its going to stay there and be accepted by the scientific world, for a long long time to come. I guess, you just have to live with it.

Your wish, the link affirms how real hypnotism, spirituality, intuition is! Sorry, it validates also!
BTW, why r u so dependent on "peer review"? You may question it also and present those folks your view point and paste the the detailed discussion here.
Validates ??? Well…………….if you say so. Wormholes in DNA ? Microscopic Wormholes ? A sure shot at Noble Prize. Pity, no one gave that chap even a peny. :Sigh: What are those astrophysicists doing if wormhole can be had in lab. Damn those astrophysicist. Draining public fund.
Examples of lunacy:
rense.com said:
These are tunnel connections between entirely different areas in the universe through which information can be transmitted outside of space and time.
Errrr…. What exactly is “out of space and time.”
rense.com said:
I thought once: "Hello up there. If you happen to be a UFO, fly in a triangle." And suddenly, the light balls moved in a triangle. Or they shot across the sky like ice hockey pucks: they accelerated from zero to crazy speeds while sliding silently across the sky. One is left gawking and I have, as many others, too, thought them to be UFOs. Friendly ones, apparently, as they flew in triangles just to please me.
I haven’t had a laugh for a long long time. Thank you rense.com
rense.com said:
There are some spiritual teachers, like the young Englishman Ananda, for example, with whom nothing is seen at first, but when one tries to take a photograph while they sit and speak or meditate in hyper-communication, one gets only a picture of a white cloud on a chair.

I leave it to the judgment of rational readers - should this guy be taken seriously or should he be put in a straight jacket and couriered to some mental asylum. Needless to say, I prefer the latter.

I don't know becoz I have not read what "dualists" or the "materialists" say. What do u say?
And yet you continue with your diatribes. And I guess, you already know what I say.

All you have in favour of spirituality is "EXPERIENCE-IT-TO-KNOW-IT". You have to do better than that.

Regards

PS: As you can see the post is really very looong, mostly because of repetitions, next time around I will respond to your post only if there is something valid or thought provoking. Else, not. It took me over 3 hours and 5 sessions to write this up, including researching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom