Man hypnotises himself before op

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow2get

In the zone
Source

A hypnotist from West Sussex has undergone surgery on his right hand without a general anaesthetic.

Alex Lenkei, 61, from Worthing, chose to sedate himself by hypnosis before undergoing the 83-minute operation. He said he was fully aware of
everything going on around him during the procedure but was free from pain.

*newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44581000/jpg/_44581958_alexlenkei226b_pa.jpg

The operation at Worthing Hospital involved removing some bone in the base of the thumb and fusing some joints in an attempt to improve his arthritis.

Consultant orthopaedic surgeon David Llewellyn-Clark said he was happy in agreeing to the unusual sedation on Mr Lenkei, a registered hypnotist who has been practising since the age of 16.

Mr Lenkei said Wednesday's surgery "went amazingly well".
"It took between 30 seconds to a minute for me to place myself under hypnosis, and from that point I felt a very deep relaxation.

"I was aware of everything around me, from people talking and at one stage a hammer and chisel was used as well as a surgical saw, but I felt no pain."
Throughout the operation, an anaesthetist was on standby to administer an anaesthetic if necessary.

Mr Llewellyn-Clark said he had been confident that Mr Lenkei was a skilled hypnotist and was "delighted all went well".

legolas

Padawan
^I thought u were a hardcore pro-modern science supporter. Believe it or not !! :)
That is the problem!! You prejudge :) and start giving lectures and links and then blame for not reading...(when its least involved with my views or topic AFAIK)
I believe what I said was startto believe.
@DigitalDude, thk you. Will check'em out.

mediator

Technomancer
I'm neither judging anything nor giving any lectures. But, everything starts with that "start" thing u mentioned. Yes u may "start to believe" it or ignore it. Thats y I said "Believe it or not" linking to a site. :)

prasad_den

Padawan
We had a patient in our hospital who did not accept local anesthetics for undergoing tooth extractions..! Probably he had hypnotised himself, but he was never in pain. :)

Renny

Padawan
Have any of u guys watched criss angel, david blaine or mondo magic?

How the heck do they pull of such stuff!?

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Have any of u guys watched criss angel, david blaine or mondo magic?

How the heck do they pull of such stuff!?
I have watched a lot (almost all) of David Blaine's magic tricks and also 'David Blaine's Magic Revealed' :D esp the levitating one that he would be doing in the videos, if you come to know how he actually does that.. you would just bang your head on the wall hehehe

search for 'david blaine's magic revealed' you would come to know how they pull up those tricks ;)

_

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I have watched a lot (almost all) of David Blaine's magic tricks and also 'David Blaine's Magic Revealed' :D esp the levitating one that he would be doing in the videos, if you come to know how he actually does that.. you would just bang your head on the wall hehehe

search for 'david blaine's magic revealed' you would come to know how they pull up those tricks ;)

_

Don't take the fun quotient away :D Even though I have the file, I'm very hesitant to go through the techniques. I won't enjoy his performances anymore. So, some things are best left unknown ;)

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^
hehe.. more than the fun quotient the curiousness factor kills me so I can't help it but find out what the fk he does to do the trick :D ;)

but not all of his tricks are revealed so still some mystery remains ;)

_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom