Make Digit Great Again!!

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Things can be turned around actually.

New forum software and a revamp of the sections will help.

Piyush

Lanaya
What goes hot and what not is decided by the current generation users. 15 yrs ago, forum was the best platform out there to get into discussions , asking specific queries and finding information in general.
Since last 5 years, there have been drastic change in this medium, we have seen all sort of platforms from 4chan to reddit to to facebook to twitter to instagram. People follow whats popular at that moment. Even if such portals cant provide the uniformity of a forum, they still get around with it. Stackoverflow and stack exchange received major user intake (those who used to use forum for tier queries often)

Though its not like forums will be history though. No platform can completely replace forum. Some added features and a rewamp of old UI should be the first steps imo.
People often get confused at so many sections. Condensing them will surely help a bit.
Also, there should be some weekly discussions thread. Like we have those periodic topics in many subreddits. This will make the regulars of the forum more active. And the news will encourage those users who occasionally visit forums.

Thats all comes to my mind at the moment.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
One thing that was a problem for me was that when i registered on this forum i didn't receive the activation email immediately. I had to contact mods through other means to get it activated. And after a month or so i got the activation email. Think about all the people trying to register on this forum and they don't receive activation emails!

I think this forum is the most active for tech discussion. I haven't seen other sites where the Indian community is active and good for tech related discussions.
reddit india is mostly about politics (there is a NSFW subreddit but no tech subreddit wtf!)
techenclave doesn't seem to be that active
ivg seems mostly of playstation crowd
other sites are mostly global and i hate social media like FB, twitter

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Get more forum representatives from different companies like ASUS, Sapphire etc..
They must be tasked with answering questions put forward by people here, regarding service issues etc.. (Like the WD representatives)
Not blatant advertisement like the msi guys do

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]

We need real geeks back in this forum. We need to have those big-boys in the tech department who knows a mighty ton about PC hardware and software.
We also need men like Kyle or say Brent or W1zzard from International forums who posts genuine articles, hardware roundups, benchmarks which are not plagiarized or blatantly biased, and drive the core concept engine of a tech-forum forward.

There always can be debates and fan-boy wars, but we need people who have actually seen or done geeky things way more than most visitors in this forum have done, such a way people will visit this forum not only for solution but to start-off knowing things from here.

We need more cilus.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing that was a problem for me was that when i registered on this forum i didn't receive the activation email immediately. I had to contact mods through other means to get it activated. And after a month or so i got the activation email. Think about all the people trying to register on this forum and they don't receive activation emails!

I think this forum is the most active for tech discussion. I haven't seen other sites where the Indian community is active and good for tech related discussions.
reddit india is mostly about politics (there is a NSFW subreddit but no tech subreddit wtf!)
techenclave doesn't seem to be that active
ivg seems mostly of playstation crowd
other sites are mostly global and i hate social media like FB, twitter

Activation problem is solved now. I understand there was an issue with load management. We moved to a separate subdomain, to solve this.

D

Deleted member 118788

Where is [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION]? Long time no see. He used to be a lot active and involved in so many knowledge-full discussions here. I had only joined the forum after viewing his posts.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Where is @Cilus ? Long time no see. He used to be a lot active and involved in so many knowledge-full discussions here. I had only joined the forum after viewing his posts.

Cilus was one of the legends here. He might have got more responsibilities in life so he left :(

Hrishi

You wouldn't expect people who actually know about things to answer relatively low-level questions, answers to which are available in abundance already. I am sure you must seen the sort of topics people query/discuss about nowadays :/ .
Give them challenging and sensible open discussion and they will participate, and grow in numbers.

Apparently, we don't see many tech enthusiasts, hobbyists crawling the forums while showcasing their skills -at least not the way it used to be back in those days. No modders, hackers, and real techies - just bunch of wannabes roaming around throwing opinions as they feel.
I would love to participate in discussion, but I barely see any interesting topics worth the time and even if one does invest the efforts - it doesn't get going.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
What is gone is gone (at least in regard to good old members), but there are surely few things we could do to stand from now on.

Many members have already given useful suggestions. I'll jot down what comes to my mind:

• Forum upgrade- We need to upgrade the forum to probably xenforo ( [MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] said that he is soon going to do that, don't know when).
  • Control spammers- Maybe vB is the culprit here (not really sure).
  • We, the mods, need to be a bit lenient IMO. Locking off-topic thread, disabling BB codes in signature, and many more things have swayed away many members till now. A little bit troll activity, in limits though, must be allowed to make sure the charm of the forum is lightened. I so used to enjoy good old vickybat vs ExtremeGamer arguments against boring copy paste config suggestions now a days. :|
  • Many people who have the know-how about things don't really involve themselves anymore. Some got busy in their lives, some became lurkers and so on. I also got busy due to job commitments :( . We need to push a bit to gain momentum and that won't be possible without active participation from all.
  • Digit administration has shown so much apathy towards the forum whenever issues cropped up or whenever their support is required to push the forum. I understand that it's purely financial decision but I sincerely hope that the attitude changes.

That's all from me.

And yes, I'm up for whatever it takes to rebuild things.

Aameen !

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Focus on mobile access.

With the smartphone revolution unless people are already in front of a PC/Laptop screen, they are shifting to mobiles as the way of accessing internet. This gives advantage to app based or app capable fora.

Digit forum is accessible through Tapatalk which is good and actually this is what keeps me involved here still. But an exclusive forum application of Digit could give a distinct advantage and a better connect.

Also I think the forum should earn its upkeep by properly using advertising. Stick to ethical and user sensitive advertising (not heavy auto-play videos or flash ads) and enable for even signed in users.

Keep the pages lighter. Reddit is good in this aspect.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Is there any revenue sharing with Tapatalk? Having own app will help with that.

Also involvement will be more with own app.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Tapatalk has VIP subscription. They share a percent of payment with the forum owner.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom