Make Digit Great Again!!

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I think more interaction with Team Digit members would be good. Like actual discussions with them or they could ask for the community's point of views by creating threads here.

Yes, we are guilty of not being here, though the forum was always meant to be for readers, and usually only I have been active here in the past anyway... The mentions were added as a way to tag us. Will have to see how this works in xenforo though.

One more idea is that Digit could share interesting threads or posts on their twitter account. Kind of similar to what /r/India is doing.

Yes, we plan on publicising the forum on social media once we get done with the migration to xenforo.

@ico We need real geeks back in this forum. We need to have those big-boys in the tech department...We need more cilus.

Agreed, how do we get them back. Suggestions?

All members who want to check out a temporary install of the xenforo forum can do so by following this:

Insert the following values at the bottom of your hosts file:

Code:
139.59.51.11  forum.digit.in
139.59.51.11  www.forum.digit.in

You will find your hosts file (on PC) at:

Windows: %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\drivers\etc\
Linux: /etc/hosts

You will need to edit this with admin privileges.

WARNING: You will not be able to access this live forum from the PC which has these entries in the hosts file. In order to disable the forwarding to the other server (with the Xenforo install), you will need to comment out the entries you added (or delete them):

Code:
[B]#[/B] 139.59.51.11  forum.digit.in
[B]#[/B] 139.59.51.11  www.forum.digit.in

Come there and test and offer suggestions about what to change, or any bugs you notice. Avatars have not been imported, this is a known problem.

Remember: Discuss stuff here, NOT THERE, because all data from that test server will be deleted when we do the actual import.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
just tried it.

it feels buttery smooth and more responsive.
Awesome!!
So much happy to hear that Digit is finally taking the big step towards Zenforo.

I hope that Digit will get transferred to the new Zenforo style soon.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is there any ETA on the Xenforo launch? I can't try it out right now since I don't have access to my PC right now and my company laptop doesn't have admin rights to edit the hosts file.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
That's it? No more feedback?

Gaming section need to reworked. Only three sub sections are needed Games(Includes PC,Console and mobile games),Discussions(for discussing games related stuffs),Game Deals( Deals on steam,origin,uplay,gog etc).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Perhaps a games trading board as well? Like a marketplace for exchanging games with steam cards, keys, etc? Or even giveaways.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I'm hoping to take it live in a week. Bug testing by multiple eyes would be appreciated.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I asked this before and everyone gave feedback before as well, but it was some time ago...

Do you guys like the reddit layout? Would you like it if we used the reddit source code and layout for forum?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I asked this before and everyone gave feedback before as well, but it was some time ago...

Do you guys like the reddit layout? Would you like it if we used the reddit source code and layout for forum?

I don't think so. We might as well create an official TDF subreddit instead.

I think a normal multi-board forum is good enough for discussing similar topic threads.

Top Bottom