Make Digit Great Again!!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
You can't make something great without matured members. And as far as I know most of them don't have time or simply not interested in this forum, so you can't make it great, it was good when I first came here though. Though slowly the trolls crept in.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
We are no less than the trolls. ;)

But yes, a forum is only as good as its members. I have been here since the PhpBB days. Those were the days.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

satinder

DELHIITE
I don't know what is available format / platform.
If it works as easy like a whatsapp group / topic wise discussion with proper notifications & fast response then it may work good.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
A WhatsApp like group undermines a forum. A forum is good for topic wise discussions. WhatsApp groups are just chaos.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
A WhatsApp like group undermines a forum. A forum is good for topic wise discussions. WhatsApp groups are just chaos.

If users miss the point of a social group like Telegram and WhatsApp then that's the problem with the users themselves. The "only" reason those "should" be there for instantaneous support, which can never happen over a forum. A social group can't kill a forum, but it has, because of users, and for the same reason this forum is in coma too. I really don't expect much when average age of users is like 18, sorry, can't happen.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
There has been instances of spontaneous support from forum's MODs in case of any problem for any member.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
everyone grew up, have jobs and kids. bring in new school and college kids is the only way! this will happen if the main site is able to attract new visitors and then send them over to new forums.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't think its hard to get youngsters to the forum. Host some free Steam game giveaways for new joinees in some kind of raffle and they will come. No Indian kid in their right mind would turn down free stuff.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
^ Yeah tom's Hardware is doing exactly that. And the way to enter is to answer a question which results in a discussion. If you just give it away people would just come here for the giveaway and not stay to discuss in the forum.

Tom's Hardware Steam Giveaway - Watch Dogs 2 - PC Gamin

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
True. We can be a bit smart about it like that.

Start a giveaway thread and tweet about it or share it on Facebook or some reddit subs (/r/IndianGaming for example) and people will come.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ Yeah tom's Hardware is doing exactly that. And the way to enter is to answer a question which results in a discussion. If you just give it away people would just come here for the giveaway and not stay to discuss in the forum.

Tom's Hardware Steam Giveaway - Watch Dogs 2 - PC Gamin

+1 to this.

However, exclude them who give generic, spammy or stupid answers like these:

*forum.digit.in/mobiles-tablets/199...indows-orandroid-post2310202.html#post2310202

Get the best android mobiles *removed spammy link*

More in this single thread:
*forum.digit.in/mobiles-tablets/198461-best-android-smartphone-under-30k.html

Samsung Galaxy S7 is the best choice. It has lot of good features with upgraded OS.

^ This guys just posts to increase post count.

From till today amazon was giving some discount on one plus 3 but from today it may be ended. But I suggest you to visit *removed spammy link* in which site you will get the short list of famous brand mobiles from amazon.

^ Posts without any relevant information.

you can try at Amazon for mobile. they have lots of option as per your budget.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Would it be good if we could have a Markdown based post editor instead of BBCode or along with BBCode?

Markdown is much simpler than BBCode and is used in many sites such as reddit and stackexchange.

Edit: Perhaps it would be better to maintain BBCode as well for compatibility with older posts.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Can we have images in spoiler tags by default and only start loading it after clicking it. It's annoying to find the relevant image in a thread full of images because of the slow loading.

And a better larger font for the posts by default and better higher resolution smileys. I haven't seen the new site btw talking in comparison to the current one.

Top Bottom