Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

Should Mac4Lin be applied as artwork to Sabayon?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other recommendation(put it in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok.. I need more beta testers for Xfce. Anyone volunteering?
Is it alright if I boot into Zenwalk 5.1 live CD and install it and test it for you ?
I am sorry I can't install Xfce on Sidux.

And btw, I found that your Mac4Lin icons have been unofficially ported to KDE already. Atleast a part of them. There is this icon theme called Cryatal Diamond for KDE. 99% of its multimeida icons (mp3, video, etc) is from Mac4Lin. Its an aggregate of different themes' icons. It rocks dude.

^^^ do whatever.. if you are able and willing to test then drop me a mail.
I already have your theme set downloaded na ?
Isn't that enough ?

Or is there a special Xfce version ?

And I downloaded a new OS, Myah OS 3.0 "Box" Edition.
It runs LXDE, and its made from the scratch and is intended to be the lightest yet full fledged OS around. Just released a day or two back. Shall I test Mac4Lin on LXDE too ? Its live btw.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1) Same set of themes. But mail me indicating that you are testing on Xfce as well. I need to update the record.

2) LXDE uses OpenWM; so except the window border everything works fine. Tested :)

1) Same set of themes. But mail me indicating that you are testing on Xfce as well. I need to update the record.

2) LXDE uses OpenWM; so except the window border everything works fine. Tested :)
Hey, YOU use LXDE ? Oh ya, forgot. I remember you advicing me to use it. How is it btw ? Doesn't it use OpenBox with a python based taskbar ?

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Testing on LXDE.. don't use it. Its kinda very basic DE. No proper drag and drop support among others. Dunno if LXPanel is python based. No idea...

Err.. sorry.. when I said "... don't use it" I meant that I DON'T USE IT... plz don't get confused :D
I think in that case its better to go for dfm(desktop file manager), PCManFM(nautilus alternative) and IceWM, along with Skipstone/Khazkhese(gecko/webkit based light browsers).
To it, add IceME or IcePref(configuration) and some other tools.

Lets call it HXLDE(hyper extreme light desktop environment)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
There's some good news :)

A Mac4Lin user: Mahyuddin Susanto has created .debs for Mac4Lin! Its available in his PPA. Check this out: *edge.launchpad.net/~udienz/+archive?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=any

You can add the repos and install Mac4Lin 0.4 via apt-get on Ubuntu. It will be updated to 1.0 as soon as its released :)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Great. Me and aditya are working on creating RPM's via opensuse's build service, let's see how it goes. If it builds fine, we'll open it for testing then apply for creating an official project.

A Mac4Lin user: Mahyuddin Susanto has created .debs for Mac4Lin! Its available in his PPA. Check this out: *edge.launchpad.net/~udienz/+archive?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=any

You can add the repos and install Mac4Lin 0.4 via apt-get on Ubuntu. It will be updated to 1.0 as soon as its released :)
sweet :D

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Where do i find x64 builts?

Garbage

God of Mistakes...

very nice ... :)

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Mac4Lin 0.4 doesn't change HDD Driver Icon in F9.. Also how can replace the Ubuntu Menu with Fedora

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/19653_xkqyt/Screenshot.jpeg

Been not in touch with GTK Icons.. :p KDE pampered me a lot :p

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Arrey I know that :p I was asking for exact folder : p like .home/icons/mac4lin/~

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19654_cqbe4/Screenshot.png

There are few problems with GTK theme too :"p

Last edited:

CadCrazy

in search of myself
^^ This problem will be sorted out in next version of Mac4lin. Also this prob is not Fedora only it is Gnome 2.22.x only. Till then use Mac Ultimate Icon theme :D

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Great. Me and aditya are working on creating RPM's via opensuse's build service, let's see how it goes. If it builds fine, we'll open it for testing then apply for creating an official project.
Grrreeat! :)

Where do i find x64 builts?
I'm not sure if there are x64 builds. I'll contact that guy.

Mac4Lin 0.4 doesn't change HDD Driver Icon in F9.. Also how can replace the Ubuntu Menu with Fedora

Been not in touch with GTK Icons.. :p KDE pampered me a lot :p
Yep.. stupid gnome.. very inconsistent DE!! :lol: with every version there are about 25-30 odd changes!

Head to icons/<mac4Lin icon theme>/scalable/places and replace the mainmenu.png, distro logo.png etc. with the ones you need.

Arrey I know that :p I was asking for exact folder : p like .home/icons/mac4lin/~

There are few problems with GTK theme too :"p
Fixed in the new version :) Temporary fix is to rename the file themes/<mac4lin gtk>/gtk-2.0/Panel/panelbg.png. Then set the panel background manually by right clicking > properties.

Top Bottom