Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

Should Mac4Lin be applied as artwork to Sabayon?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other recommendation(put it in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

My Mac4Lin project is on Sourceforge.net! :) Keep visiting the page and my blog (URL in my siggy) for updates. The project has been conceived on Ubuntu and GNOME. But it'll soon be tested on other distros and Unix-like OS which employ GTK+. Its in alpha version as of now. People who would like to test may please drop me a mail. Please leave your comments and suggestions regarding the project here, on my blog or on the project website. Feature requests and Bug tracking welcomed :)

Link to project: Mac4Lin on Sourceforge.net

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/156/screenshot3wr1.th.png

PS: Mehul said he'll help test and build packages for Ubuntu and Debian based systems :)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Congrats! :D Keep up the good work!

Anirudh, i just downloaded your archive, and its giving a CRC error. Please look into that.

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah, i've deleted those files. i'm uploading the files again now. i'll get back when i'm done :)

DONE :) files haf been uploaded. plz download and test them and report back if you haf any problems wid anything!

let the downloads begin.................... :)

ps: i'm indicating all the approx file sizes here so that you don't waste ur time downloading a corrupt file, if any:

Leopard_Pack_1 -> ~5MB
Leopard_Pack_2 -> ~ 7.8MB
AWN_INSTALL_INSTRUCTIONS -> ~1.2KB
Wallpapers -> ~5MB
GTK_MacMenu -> ~20.6MB

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@infra,
if ur doing any changes in the uploading package, with reference to this stuf, do inform.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=588996&postcount=120

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
no vish i'm not including any of those since they are wid reference to mac os tiger and not leopard. mebbe we can haf another project: tiger at a later date.

btw, except awn i hafnt included installation instruction for anything else. since its in alpha stage all the testers will be well versed wid at least installing themes, icons, plugins and stuff. if you need any help then jus report back here.

word of caution: be careful wid the gtk macmenu. uninstalling that will require you to download and install some original gtk libs.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
as promised here i am wid the update screenshots. i'm yet to upload. i need a reply from the firefox skin developer. waiting for that. here are the screenshots:

*img368.imageshack.us/img368/5234/2screenshotbc9.th.jpg

*img517.imageshack.us/img517/1745/3screenshotpb2.th.jpg

changelog:

leopard folder icons - generic and specific
new ichat icon
new system prefs like config icon

firefox skin with safari like progress bar support in the skin + the addon (courtesy vishal)
safari like buttons
safari like tabs
safari like search bar and menus

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i'm happy to announce that from 29th august to this moment today (8th septemer, 2.20am), SF.net has served about 1.4GB of download for the mac4lin project :)

i've spoken wid the developer of firefox skin and he said he'd make a skin specifically for this project :) :)

edit: i think i should release the icon update and not what for the FF skin. what say?

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
infra_red_dude said:
i'm happy to announce that from 29th august to this moment today, SF.net has served about 1.4GB of download for the mac4lin project :)
those ppl has given us 1.4gb of space to upload is this wat ur announcing :confused:
infra_red_dude said:
i've spoken wid the developer of firefox skin and he said he'd make a skin specifically for this project :) :)

mac firefox skin ? for mac4lin.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
vish786 said:
those ppl has given us 1.4gb of space to upload is this wat ur announcing :confused:
no, i meant that about 1.4gb of data has been download by users (the pack widout the gtk mac menu is about 20mb, so u can estimate how many ppl haf downloaded it :) )

vish786 said:
mac firefox skin ? for mac4lin.
i meant a skin for FF to emulate safari which will be tailor made for the mac4lin pack by the developer :)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i hafn't seen any project. everything is kinda scattered. but there are no leopard emulation projects/compiled resources yet.

edit: when i started this project and registered it at SF.net i got a mail from them which said that this project as been assigned a tag of APT - abandoned project takeover. so someone must've tried something like this before regarding older versions of mac os x.

whoa! the figure has gone up to 1.8GB as of now!!! i wonder who's downloading so much yet not giving me any feedback! :(

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
no i jus need to know whether everything works fine. coz some ppl (including u, rite??!:) ) haf agreed to create packages for it. so it needs to be made sure everything works.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
infra_red_dude said:
no i jus need to know whether everything works fine. coz some ppl (including u, rite??!:) ) haf agreed to create packages for it. so it needs to be made sure everything works.
yes i hav agreed on making it dont worry abt that 2 much. :) i'm on it.

Edit: by chance if i'm not doing it, will inform u.

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
nothing mehul, everything's fine. i just downloaded and checked. its fine. try again.

edit: the downloads haf crossed 2.1GiB now :)

Top Bottom