Lost Sony Xperia J

roady

Digital Marketer
Hey guys,

my friend just lost his phone and he didn't install any such app with which he could wipe data or track.

Is there STILL any way to find a lost phone when there are no such tracking apps installed .. in 2013?

I heard there's a way via IMEI no. but Google isn't helping me much.

Can something be done via Sony's website itself?

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I know a friend who got her stolen phone back with the help of AVG. It was installed in her phone and it detected a change of sim card and send the sim number via sms.
If you have any such anti-virus software installed, you can track that. Else its gone I am afraid.

shreymittal

Being Human
Register a FIR with Police. for peace of mind
And just Forget it like a bad dream
"Bhuljao usse ab kuch ni ho skta"

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah, only two ways to get back a cellphone in this country.
You know someone who is police. Tracking an imei number is not that hard, especially for them.
If you don't, depend on your luck.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Hey guys,

my friend just lost his phone and he didn't install any such app with which he could wipe data or track.

Is there STILL any way to find a lost phone when there are no such tracking apps installed .. in 2013?

I heard there's a way via IMEI no. but Google isn't helping me much.

Can something be done via Sony's website itself?

you can also register the lost phone with the telco, see what they have to say...

shreymittal

Being Human
you have my sympathies dude..
Only someone who has had similar experience can feel the pain :(

Which phone u lost and when??
i have losted my two phones
1. Nokia 5800 XM 8 months old in 2010
2. Nokia 7210 SuperNova 6 months old in 2009

Last edited:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
@Log an FIR with the police along with the IMEI. You can get your phone back (only) if you know somebody high up (in the police dept) who could push some buttons.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
guys, let me tell u this fact.

if a phone is stolen (in bus/train or whichever place) police consider it as a missing activity & not stealing so thats y they dnt waste time on it & simply log a complaint & not FIR.
But If the person says that it has been snatched in front of his eyes..then police are bound to lodged a complaint.

a similar case was happend with my frnd's frnd..his SGS3 was snatched by bikers..so he logged a FIR and got his mobile back after 2 months

Hrishi

How the hell can one forget to take that huge thing with him?
"It wasn't lost , it was stolen."
But technically it was lost according to Police , who refused to accept the fact that is stolen. They were asking for name of suspect in case if its stolen , o/w report it as lost.Now how the hell will you name someone from unknown place.
Damn , it crossed the heights when they refused to take the application written in English.

[It was stolen ,while he was in Mathura , in a temple.]

shreymittal

Being Human
"it wasn't lost , it was stolen."
but technically it was lost according to police , who refused to accept the fact that is stolen. They were asking for name of suspect in case if its stolen , o/w report it as lost.now how the hell will you name someone from unknown place.
Damn , it crossed the heights when they refused to take the application written in english.

[it was stolen ,while he was in mathura , in a temple.]

lol i am from mathura
and i know it very well there are sign boards written on the please take care of your belonging

"jeb keteron se saavdhaan"

Top Bottom