Level of News and News Channel in India is decreasing?

Do u think level of news is decreasing in India?

• Yes

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • It will improve in near future.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Govt. has to do something.

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

chinmay

Journeyman
I like watching Star News and India TV for humour. I think these channels are projecting towards catering a different set of audience who want to watch news for entertainment.

For news CNN IBN and NDTV are the only channels which are still doing well.

Who

Guess Who's Back
so what do they show after midnight , let me guess

they show about ghots,extraodinary things or some adult stuff.hope i am correct ...

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
i think the tv news channels can be catergorised into some specific cat

1> lamers: one news whole day
2> show makers : snake and a boy friendship stuff illogical to all but a whole day event to some
3> hot news onlookers : hookers sting operation and so on (high TRP)
4> idiots : ahemm what did others show i want to re-telecast

so on .. do feel free to contribute into the list as per your thoughts

...cnt

5> breaking news hunters ! : well all news is breaking news all the time for them wonder even this news will be one to them i wish they show this thread too on tv :D

6> Educators : want to make desi liqour just watch their special report they show it as if its a matter of pride to them a operation exposing the illict liqour barons dynasty

7> vagabonds : anywhere their agent is there to show things like how people spit on roads and how the crow flies

...cnt soon :cool:

8> we know all : this guys just go around showing things which are least concern to you or to anyone except the news channels time filling slot!

9> stingers: they just roam around do goofy stuffs and get all the sex workers a free pulbicity , dug peddlers more audiences, and makes problems for u and me too.

10 > baba group : ok these guys got a baba/a tarot reader or say anyone who is good for them (supposingly) and make a full day event out of it :-D

11> crime reporter : the reporter or the channel anchor looks more like a criminal to all ..i think this should inspire all bhai public to take up jobs as reporter or the anchor of some xyz channel

.... any one can contribute

Last edited:

mustang

Broken In
yes agreed with you,todays news channel were shows many newses that have no meaning,meaningless,but still they shows,i think when they have no such good/important news,they shows all type of this news,in the race showing news with other news channels.

sandeepk

Journeyman
Nearly all the hindi news channels now show crap news nowadays. Only once in a while news they show have any value. Also they show a lot of ads between the news. India TV is the one of the worst news channels. It shows the least imp news as breaking news.

napsterabhi

Right off the assembly line
thing i hate about cnn-ibn.........
unnecessary polls......:mad::mad:
next wud b "wil ash-abhi hav a child" sms to 1234....

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Yes for Hindi news channels. When they are not having new content , they repeat the same thing again and again and then again. But that's not the case with channels like NDTV 24x7,times now etc.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
The other day somebody posted about a news regarding missing dog of Police Commissioner as Flash News.This itself shows the quality of programming in these channels.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
kachha gang walo ki kahabar India's Most Wanted mein, lol...kya baat hai
Kam se kam naam to sahi diya hota, like spiderman

dhruv mairal

Right off the assembly line
i guess, its all got to do with the money, honey.

aaj tak wants to make money,so does star plus. the people who run these channels are not holier-than-thou personalities......

and, right now, in India, trash sells. period.

look at the music vids.....movies....the daily soaps....the POLITICS! so, why should news channels be left behind? i bet my left kidney, that your local paan-wallah LOVES it when aaj-tak comments for half an hour on kareena's tattoo. ditto for your neighborhood aunty. the sensible people are a minority. ergo, there are a very few sensible channels left. i feel that we'd have to wait for 5/10 years before these guys change themselves.

cheers!
dhruv.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
so what do you guys think 7 years onwards?

The high pitch voice of desi English news anchors.......I hate it.

Aajtak is still "desh ka sarvashreshtha news channel" since 14 years. :lol:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
woo what a bump
I like News X... very minimalistic, BBC approach. there is no clutter on screen apart from the logo and one ticker.

I just hate the way Arnab Goswami talks down to guests and worse the fact that being a dbag on tv actually increases eyeballs to a news channel.

given a choice between a serious political debate in the parliament, and a mongoose fighting a cat, majority will watch the mongoose fighting the cat - so the channel makes this choice on our behalf.

another thing is that now a days news channels are starting to use very casual language, slang, and even switch to Hindi or English frequently.

beingGamer

In the zone
Yes it has.
Since India TV arrived, lot of news channels have adopted their style and started showing news feeds like
'Rahul gandhi sansad mai kyu so gaye janiye 8 baje'
'Kaise 20 students ki jaan ek zatke me chali gayi dekhiye 9 baje'
'Kya hua jab Shahrukh aur Salman ek dusre ke saamne aaye dekhiye 10 baje'

These kind of feeds make me hate the news channels, cant they just show the news like BBC and other reputed new channels show, rather than being stupid TRP whores and wasting viewer's time.

-edit-
also shows like 'Saas, bahu & sajish' and more similar kind of shows on 2-3 news channels..
Seriously.. is it a news channel or entertainment & suspense channel?

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
news x used to follow bbc template pretty closely

thing is now India tv is actually showing sensible news
like just other day there was expose on fake babas doing miracles and saying superstition is bad
a couple of years ago the same channel was showing place where allegedly shiva is sitting

Flash

Lost in speed
NDTV was showing frame by frame shots of RaGa's yawn yesterday, while most sensitive issues are disregarded just for the sake of a celebrity.
IMO, No one can beat Arnab Goswami in asking embarassing questions to people, either by face-to-face or by some other means.

All Indian News channels feeds on the innocence of Indians, to project themselves high.

A

amit.tiger12

when channels increase quality decrease...

years back, when there was only Doordarshan (DD) channel available on TV. After that government introduced DD-2 (DD metro). Now DD-2 is news channel.
When there was only DD channel, there was quality content shown every hour. Then after private company came into scenario, quality of content decreases and no of content increases.
Actual news reporting is really different. Nowadays news reporter express their view instead of reporting it. It's getting bad and bad everyday..
Some nuclear bomb will stop all these non-sense, so we can start from beginning again...

Top Bottom