Kashmir's first all-girl rock group forced to cancel their show after extremists death threats

diagus

Journeyman
Pragaash targetted since winning an award at their first public performance
Internet trolls said the teenage girls should be raped and thrown in river
Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omah Abdullah came out in support of trio and said he hopes 'handful of morons won't silence them'

The first all-girl rock band to come out of Kashmir has been forced to cancel their live shows after receiving rape and death threats on Facebook.

Award-winning Pragaash, which means light, have been targetted since December when they won a prize at their first public performance.

Following the concert, comments appeared on Facebook from extremists who said the teenage girls should be raped and then drowned

Kashmir's first all-girl rock group forced to cancel their show after extremists posted rape and death threats on Facebook | Mail Online

tkin

Back to school!!
That's what they do basically, suppress women as much as they can, and they do love to shoot, rape, blow up and drown women as well, unfortunate but until women rise to take power in their own hands nothing will change.

The girls are even wearing full formal wear including hair caps(don't know what these are called) and they are very much civilized in their appearance, not even showing any skin either if this calls for raping and drowning then katrina kaif must deserve stoning to death, after a rape i.e

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Shame. Such a shame that there are many many perverted people are there in our country and moreover they are of our age or may be younger.

Thunder

Journeyman
Aren't we a Democratic and Secular country where each and every person has the right to Do whatever he/she wants?
They should not scumb to the demands to these morons who only want sausage-fest wherever they go.

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
If you keep thinking and discussing this, it will be like
*www.brettdaniel.com/pictures/oldweblog/cartoons/hammertothehead.gif

I also used to think a lot until I lost few centimeters of my hair. Better do your own job, and stay good yourself. Monarchy is much better than democracy.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Aren't we a Democratic and Secular country where each and every person has the right to Do whatever he/she wants?
They should not scumb to the demands to these morons who only want sausage-fest wherever they go.

That's theoretical concept, not only in India, but all over the world.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
So, its not okay for a group of girls to sing in public, but its okay for these *******s to rape them. How much more retarded can their argument get ? Oh, the irony!

This has to stop. This is when arrests should be made over facebook postings, not when somebody expressed their opinion in a civilised manner.

Vote is the new currency and apparently no leader has the guts or the skin to stand up for what is right. We need a change, before all is lost.

Sarath

iDota
Looks like posting death threats on the internet doesn't bother the govt. so much as other posts or "likes"

tkin

Back to school!!
Yeah, also the fact that its not just death threats like bullets or IED, but they want to rape and drown them, these are pure psychopathic tendencies, if I was in power I would find them and lock every single one of them up in a mental hospital, but its the government, they have a vote bank and government won't get bothered about a rape threat, sadist @$$es.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This is ridiculous.

I feel that the older generation needs to "move on" quickly (thats the best euphemism I can come up with) and let the newer generation take over then.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Extremism is increasing all over the world ....its not the case in India only , the democratic secular government are so weak that they can't take any action against the fanatics these are also prevailing in Europe ,in Asia and africa it had hatched long ago , soon this contagious will swept across North and south america too

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
If you keep thinking and discussing this, it will be like
*www.brettdaniel.com/pictures/oldweblog/cartoons/hammertothehead.gif

I also used to think a lot until I lost few centimeters of my hair. Better do your own job, and stay good yourself. Monarchy is much better than democracy.

same feeling here brother. that's one of the reasons i stopped reading newspapers since a long time and try to avoid watching news channels at length as much as possible. self-harming. since past few years i feel like/have become a borderline-misanthrope.

Monarchy is much better than democracy.

esp. in the indian context.

Extremism is increasing all over the world ....its not the case in India only , the democratic secular government are so weak that they can't take any action against the fanatics these are also prevailing in Europe ,in Asia and africa it had hatched long ago , soon this contagious will swept across North and south america too

perhaps because they try to please everybody, esp. the fringe/crackhead elements.

on-topic, just think how much applaud for self/followers & goodwill for islam would've the mufti garnered had he issued the 'fatwa' against those swines who dared to post/issue those *actually* unislamic/inhuman morbid threats against the band-members. and now one group is threatening the parents of social boycott even after the disbanding of the rockmusic-band!

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
perhaps because they try to please everybody, esp. the fringe/crackhead elements.
government spend time maintaining integrity of coalition rather than outlining policies. The problem with mutli party crap.

duke123

In the zone
Pak woman stripped at panchayat's order - The Times of India

A woman Kalsoom Mai was allegedly stripped naked on the orders of a panchayat in Pakistan's Punjab province to settle a dispute over an extra-marital affair of her husband.Kalsoom's husband Muhammad Nawaz was allegedly having an affair with Bilal's wife. She said she was summoned by the panchayat or village council after Nawaz was caught re- handed with Bilal's wife . Family of Bilal's demanded Kalsoom should be humiliated to settle the matter.

Last edited:

nikku_hot123

In the zone
^^ I couldn't get any logic behind this ridiculous compensation of sin and judgement.

@topic. Yesterday i heard interview of one of the members of the band with BBC, she was just repeating that they are stopping their band because kashmir people are not supporting. And when reporter asked" everybody is asking not to take the FATWA seriously by the extremist leader" she replied " they can say like that because it is not called against them". This shows how afraid they are. If we and our country cannot prosper with band then how we are gonna prosper with such type of extremism and attitude?

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Pak woman stripped at panchayat's order - The Times of India

A woman Kalsoom Mai was allegedly stripped naked on the orders of a panchayat in Pakistan's Punjab province to settle a dispute over an extra-marital affair of her husband.
Kalsoom's husband Muhammad Nawaz was allegedly having an affair with Bilal's wife. She said she was summoned by the panchayat or village council after Nawaz was caught re- handed with Bilal's wife . Family of Bilal's demanded Kalsoom should be humiliated to settle the matter.

this was out-of-the-world!

^^ I couldn't get any logic behind this ridiculous compensation of sin and judgement.

@topic. Yesterday i heard interview of one of the members of the band with BBC, she was just repeating that they are stopping their band because kashmir people are not supporting. And when reporter asked" everybody is asking not to take the FATWA seriously by the extremist leader" she replied " they can say like that because it is not called against them". This shows how afraid they are. If we and our country cannot prosper with band then how we are gonna prosper with such type of extremism and attitude?

the gist of such issues is unarguably always this - "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
and, to be specific in the 'democratic' and/or 'indian' context - silent/meek, yielding, wimp!

Top Bottom