Kashmir's first all-girl rock group forced to cancel their show after extremists death threats

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I say the girls are a bunch of wusses. There are bands around the world, like bands in Iraq etc who risk death and make anti-islamic songs. These girls are much tame by comparison.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I say the girls are a bunch of wusses. There are bands around the world, like bands in Iraq etc who risk death and make anti-islamic songs. These girls are much tame by comparison.

Wow. That is some harsh words there. You would know much better if you tried what they have done in Kashmir.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Wow. See who we've got here. Mr. Rambo himself I guess. Atleast they are talented. Nobody gets called a "wuss" for fearing for their lives.

Not sure if trolling or just plain stupid.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Suppose I fly an airplane. The plane might get hijacked or crash and burn does not mean I will not fly it.

tkin

Back to school!!
Suppose I fly an airplane. The plane might get hijacked or crash and burn does not mean I will not fly it.
But if someone says there is a bomb in the airplane, would you risk it? May not have to be proven, but will you risk your life on whether the bomb is there or not?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, life is more precious than anything else. So, backing off from some rabid dogs is the most smart thing to do. (No sarcasm)

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
regarding the recent backing of the band by many people & invitation to the band sent by a youth-organisation from jammu to organise a concert there, a panelist on a TV discussion y'day noted that even though many people are backing these girls (which i only came to know now through in this thread that they are just teenagers), this won't be enough to instill confidence in the girls nor in their parents, as the support is 'bechehara' (faceless).

a singer from the town of kishtwaar, aalam aara, was banished/threatened out of her town, was forced to quit singing nearly a decade ago, loves in jammu, and hasn't been able to visit her native place since because of the lunatics & their buffoon leaders like hurriyat, gilaani, asiya andrabi, etc.

P.S. - Was just checking a few kashmiri (or paki?!) websites on another topic, and found this, savour it!

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
@desmond david,your sarcasm is not in good taste in this case.here are the facts----
a)the girls in question are 15-16 year old,
b)they tried to make a band which is not going to change the world,
c)they live in a society where there are no lack of psychos/extremists/acid throwing lunatics,
d)they live in a country where until recently or even now such elements can easily escape law altogether or serve at max 2-3 years in prison.

now if you still think these girls did something wrong by disbanding my only advice to you is this:"its easy to preach others than to follow the same advice".

Did you read the "No Sarcasm"? I thought that people might take it sarcastically, that's why I added it there.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^no offense but i did read.its just that you took a 180 turn in that post(opposite to all the above post of yours) so didn't got your intention.deleted my earlier post now that you made it clear.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I was wondering if the girls had the guts to stick it up to the naysayers. Since you mention that they are 15-16 years old, I don't think they are old enough to handle that kind of pressure that they are facing now. I think they should wait till the culture gets a little more open. They can also perform in other states and not Kashmir.

PS : I think they are getting copious amounts of free publicity.

Last edited:

mastervk

In the zone
I was wondering if the girls had the guts to stick it up to the naysayers. Since you mention that they are 15-16 years old, I don't think they are old enough to handle that kind of pressure that they are facing now. I think they should wait till the culture gets a little more open. They can also perform in other states and not Kashmir.

PS : I think they are getting copious amounts of free publicity.
The problem is not about guts..if some maniac will throw acid on them their whole life will be ruined...Gov is not going to give any security to them because of politic reasons..
also they have to think about their safety and their family safety..

Top Bottom