IT Job sucks or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2K

In the Zone
is it true that IT jobs suck? what is ur opinion

My cousin has recently graduated from the university [ b.tech CSE) ....got lots job offers from many IT companies but now he is refusing to join them .....
the reason according to him is that he came to know from somewhere that IT jobs just suck...:mad: He is actually a very bright guy and salary offered to him comes around 3 lacs/annum....his parents r really upset as they r already bankrupt because of his studies....:(they are seeking my advice and I am just helpless as i am not an IT pro myself..

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
IT jobs does not sux, but it depends.

Basically if someone does not want to work in IT field, then it will be a burden for him. He should select the job in the area which gives him max job satisfaction.

Another thing is Company. Some are very strict and put more pressure on employees. Some are very good, not that much pressure.

High pay scale = more responsibilities too. So it is all upto the person who select it.

shobankr

Broken In
it all depens on your cousin and what he likes...he just wasted his time, money ??

I am working in the IT field for the past 3 years and I love every minute of my job (note job not company) ;-) so if you like what you do you will love it... everyday with new challenges!!!

iinfi

mekalodu
IT Job sucks or not? .... means wat ... ur cousin has to be frank as to wat stream he is looking for?
i v been without a job for 7 months now... even i rejected a 3 lac/annum job 2 weeks back as i didnt like the profile.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
A cousin who listens to others bakwas. A person will tell that a job will suck because of the work pressure, low salary, office politics, etc, etc. It's upto you as to how to take the job. Most of the time, the frustration is because you are doing some work where your real talent can be applied elsewhere, like a different dept. Usko bolo ki parents ke paise barbaath math karne ka.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
just tell him to do the job he likes...its not better to force him now. He will realize what good for him by himself.

Btw IT jobs do suck...lolz

I dont like chips.. They all suck.
Imma Chargin Mah Lazer

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
IT jobs suck, Govt Jobs suck and all jobs Sucks

So stay Jobless, No tension and complete peace of mind:p

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Well if you ask me, just get into any field you are getting first. You are getting the job if you have the ability..so why reject it. Its necessary to get a start somewhere in your career. Then after you get the experience you can choose to have whatever other related job.
Being from electronics domain, I never applied for any IT software jobs.. so I missed out on many more opportunities I could. Now that I am looking for jobs in IT domain too, the situation is tight.
I don't know if IT sucks in long run.. but I advice your cousin to just a get a start. No company puts pressure on freshers initially. He is getting a good salary job even when the market is low here.. so tell him not to miss any opportunities. You can most of the times change your career later.
Btw what he is looking for?

buzzzzrr

Broken In
I don’t think IT job really sucks; its all depends on the individual and their attitude to the work. I want to share my experience.
I did get a job in a one of the biggest MNC in kolkata from my campus interview. I was working there for last 3 years. I was not from CSE or IT dep. I was from civil engineering dep. :p. I learned all the programming staffs only in the company during three years experience and was doing well at my work and getting top rating in yearly appraisal. But I was realizing that I am not able to show my actual capabilities. After doing 4 years of engineering I am not doing any engineering job at all.:confused: Actually for the type of job I (and most of my colleagues in IT) was doing, you don’t need an engineering degree at all.
All the things I had to do in maximum time are to search google for the appropriate piece of code and make copy and paste rightly and judiciously for your own purpose. And if you are placed any maintenance job (In my case the most of the job was of that kind) then you feel really pathetic. You may need to stay late night in office to support and calls from clients.
I never felt the actual job satisfaction there. IT job is good in respect to high salary, onsite opportunity, sophisticated work environment etc. But in long run IMO core engineering job is much better. Nowadays the core engineering companies are also offering competitive salary :) which was previously not the case. (A good number of engineers from core engineering shifted there base in the past 8-9 years to IT only bcoz very high salary in IT)

Note: It may be weird but I (and some of my colleagues from IT) have quitted my IT job and joined a core engineering firm last July :cool:. And now I felt that if I could have taken the decision earlier.

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
nah losers,its just that life sucks.

The loser cousin should understand that he need to have a job(as you said his parents are already broke funding his education).Compromise is the way biatch.

And IT jobs aren't that bad afterall,you wouldn't believe what people do to earn a livelihood.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
is it true that IT jobs suck? what is ur opinion

My cousin has recently graduated from the university [ b.tech CSE) ....got lots job offers from many IT companies but now he is refusing to join them .....
the reason according to him is that he came to know from somewhere that IT jobs just suck...:mad: He is actually a very bright guy and salary offered to him comes around 3 lacs/annum....his parents r really upset as they r already bankrupt because of his studies....:(they are seeking my advice and I am just helpless as i am not an IT pro myself..

This guy needs a kick in his a- r- s- e-, believe me you'll be doing him a big favour if you do the honours. Three lakhs per annum is a very decent start, so he should not crib about the money. We all start small and work our way up. Those who start big are under a LOT of pressure to perform. A good number get the sack in twelve months when employers realise that they overestimated the potential of the employee, hence the one year probation in these companies. While magazines and newspapers talk about on campus placements in prestigious companies, they do not go to those same people after a year and see how many have actually pulled through their first year.

IT jobs don't suck, it's how you look at [size=+5]IT.[/size]

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/38large.png

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
IT job does not sucks...

it depends on the company...surroundings..people u work with u..

@op

ur cousin is bright u said..dont think so ..hes dumb fool who listens to others who say things with no ground...tell him to take the job and make his parents happy and proud.
and after some time say his opnion...

it depends to person to person... so...

I

ImAClown

Wtf? IT = what? 'It' is a pronoun. It could mean anything. Bingo chips too.. Yeah i hate IT

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Job satisfaction is a fabled myth that mankind has invented for itself .so that he can get his butt of the bed for the lousy job that he has . Thinking that good appraisals or increments in this company translate to better opprtnty in the next job . But to his dismay when he cant find it , he switches carrers .

tell him to join the company and stop listening to others .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom