Is samsung galaxy s i9003 a good buy please help...

msaiashwin

Journeyman
I first wanted to buy the galaxy s II but at the moment I cannot afford the galaxy s II for 30k.

so decided to go for the galaxy s i9003 for 20k(4gb+ super lcd).

How is the super lcd compared to the super amoled?

1.how is the i9003?
2. is it a good phone?
3.is it a good buy?
4. is it upgradeable to android 2.3.4? I guess the stock is 2.2..

please help

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Well, I would suggest this phone instead:

LG Optimus Black @ 19.9k

- Camera Has flash
- Better NOVA display than SLCD
- Same price

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Samsung Galaxy SL has a buggy Android implementation... even today its users are awaiting update to Gingerbread so that they may be able to use its front facing camera for video chat via Google Chat or Skype... But the update still eludes them.

So, I recommend Samsung Nexus S. It costs 19k... and is Super Awesome pure Google phone... It has a better processor and graphics chipset than Galaxy SL... on par with the original Galaxy S...

Highly recommend it...

Terabyte

In the zone
Samsung Galaxy SL is the LAST phone you should look for when you have much much better options.
Apart from the NOVA display Optimus Black is pretty 'ok'ish.
As AndroidFan suggested nothing beats Nexus S at that price point.
Go for Nexus S!

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Default Froyo that rides Galaxy SL i9003 currently is not buggy.
@AndroidFan: I am not sure what you agenda is but please do not misguide people. Nexus S is much better than i9003, I agree, but the rom is NOT buggy.

andro

Broken In
Also the SL has a very poor support from developers as it is a device produced for limited countries.Either go for Nexus S or Galaxy S.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Default Froyo that rides Galaxy SL i9003 currently is not buggy.
@AndroidFan: I am not sure what you agenda is but please do not misguide people. Nexus S is much better than i9003, I agree, but the rom is NOT buggy.

My agenda is that buyers on this forum may get the best bang for his buck...

There is a Galaxy SL in my family. Totally buggy.

1. Home Screen Lags. My Optimus One is faster and smoother
2. Whenever I uninstall an app, settings FC
3. Impossible to record videos indoors because exposure settings don't work
4. No app support for front facing camera chat.

I was really in a hurry to buy a phone to replace the aging iPhone 2G else would have never bought that phone.

Nexus S is available at a similar price point. It is totally superior.

har

In the zone
At this price I would recommend the optimus black or the nexus S.

I would definitely buy the Nexus S as its just the coolest phone around:grin:

OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
I am finding it difficult to find the nexus and that too for a price a of 19k.. at this price I am able to find only the i9003...
I checked out both mobilestore and univercell...

There is only one i9000 available for 25k..

But by stock is the phone really so buggy? is the scrolling between menus smooth?

can u list out all the frequent bugs........

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Nexus S is available online through flipkart and letsbuy.

It all comes down to availability. If you cannot get Nexus S and cannot increase your budget, then buy the Galaxy SL.

ssb1551

Technomancer
I am finding it difficult to find the nexus and that too for a price a of 19k.. at this price I am able to find only the i9003...

Here you go : Buy Samsung I9003 Galaxy S 4GB at univercell.in online,Home delivery across india, Easy EMI,Best buy mobile offers.

Though not strictly at 19k but I think another 600 bucks shouldn't be a problem for ya.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

There is only one i9000 available for 25k..

But by stock is the phone really so buggy? is the scrolling between menus smooth?

can u list out all the frequent bugs........

most of the bugs are fixed. The only problem is weak GPS. You can find mods and 3rd party ROMs to improve many things like audio, speed etc but I don't think there is anything that can fix GPS.

I would not suggest i9003 for sure as you can get Defy and Desire for much lower price. Without the AMOLED, i9003 is inferior to these two.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
The phone I have is still on Indian KB2 version and I am not happy with it. There are European ROMS available which are better but I have not upgraded yet because update is not available through Kies.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
If you at all care about GPS, stay away from both galaxy S and galaxy SL.

I dont know about galaxy SL but galaxy S has 2.3.3 official update in India and 2.3.4 is available in some countries.

Nexus S might be a good choice. Some of the reviews I read reported random crashes and restarts. See if the issues are fixed.

If you ask me, Android phones haven't matured yet. The cheaper phones have crappy displays and costlier ones are not totally error free. Almost always there is a compromise. Know what matters more to you (list these here so we can help) and ensure that the phone you're eyeing delivers.

I own a galaxy S I9000 and its SAMOLED display is really awesome. I'm pretty sure it'd go head to head even against an iPhone. But iPhone's responsiveness to touch is unmatched.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Here is a statement from the review of Optimus Black by gsmarena :

"The in-call quality though is good but rather quiet even at the loudest setting."

Knowing this can we recommend Black to people who wanna buy a handset at that price range??

Top Bottom