Is iPhone more VFM than Droids?

Non-Geeks !! Normal !!. How the heck even they are related here ??

Also only Nerds or Non-Geeks uses apple devices or iOS ?? WT*

Talking about smart phone, what it does btw ? What it takes for a Mobile to become smartphone ??

Having a Touchscreen makes a phone Smart ??
Having a GPS-Navigation, which shows you virtually impossible routes makes it smart ?
Having the worlds most shittest music SQ makes it smart ??
Having a pathetic camera quality makes it smart ??

Having a phone without any Blutooth FTP sucks, specially when you paid close to 30k odd.
Having a phone without File Browser is another thing.

Don't give me the same reason, you can use cloud to share your data ??
Data costs money with Indian Carriers honey. Moreover, not everyone one in India use 3G or to some extent has 3G in their locality.

Without a PC or MAC, iphone is just another POS.

Non- geeks / normal people are the biggest core population. Out of 10 people that buy a smartphone 7 of them are not interested in geeky stuff. They dont care that Andorid is open source or whatever you have to say. They wont spend time fixing bugs by googling up or looking for the same in XDA.

They want the phone to work out of the box where Apple IOS is way way better than any android phone.

Since you are using the S3 I have one question only.

Can you note down a number during a call and once your call is finished does that number exist anywhere? :D

How do you share data in IOS?
Yes, Apple Ecosystem is restriced. Android is not. This is andorids advantage. However, this makes IOS safer and less prone to malware. Similar to stores, I can submit any app to Play store , it just checks for Malware. Apple ensure quality.
So this evens out.

The point @Rishi. is trying to make is that Apple products are very good out of the box and target people who do not really have the time to read this forum or websites or XDA. They want the phone to be a smartphone and work flawlessly. Apple does win here.

Hrishi

So you guess, someone who haven't used Linux, Windows or any other OS, can switch to MAC ??
Or you think, the person who used to Linux, Windows can switch to MAC & live happily coz, its simple & less prone to problems ?? :facepalm:
It's not possible to switch to something unless you have used it before. I wonder why you calling it switching to MAC , when someone hasn't used anything before. :lol: :rofl:
It would mean starting with MAC .
The facepalm was obviously on you. :haha:

Problems is, we all have our own way at looking into each situation. I guess, you are just trolling around here with your own analogy. Again, it might be or might not.
I wish , I could troll successfully. Unfortunately I am not that good at it yet. :lol:
But I have to agree with that part.Most People always look at things from their perspective. But those who do from both angles always benefit.

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
Also it's practically easy to develop an application for Iphone than for other Android devices because of the fragmentation. Different devices make it harder for developing applications and providing support for them.

Huh.....the phone I am using was promised an updated version of Android 4.x from Motorola , right at the time it was being sold. Now once , they launched new set of phones they have simply rejected providing updated android to the series. This is very disturbing and has happened to a lot many different devices out there , some of which were in fact flagship devices year ago.
It instead released patches to gingerbread just to give customers a feel that it hasn't abandoned them yet.

Some of the applications can not be run on GB , unlike 4.x , even though the hardware is very much compatible and efficient to run it. They rejected it because of marketing strategy. And that's what happens to a majority of droid phones out there.

The thing is, Apple is not releasing Budget Friendly Mobile priced in defferent segements like 10k, 20k or 30k with iOS7. But Andriod does.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^donno about 10k, but refurbed phones were avlbl fir 14k and old ones for 20k...
Some of the applications can not be run on GB , unlike 4.x , even though the hardware is very much compatible and efficient to run it. They rejected it because of marketing strategy. And that's what happens to a majority of droid phones out there.
happens in ios as well

Hrishi

Again, the Problem with apple is to make money by fooling around.

Example :

Why [NORMAL/NON-GEEK/GEEKs/NERDS...exception Big MNC's] people prefers an assembled PC than a Pre-Assembled by HP, DELL or IBM ??

Dell, HP's & IBM's also does the same thing like Apple, building Hardware to suit end customers need. Still why do you prefer assembled ones ??

Why do gamers prefers an Custom assembled 100k rig over a 100k alienware ??

Ask yourself.

But somebody has to assemble it for you. Right ?? Are they gonna do it to you for free ?? Nope , they will also charge but maybe lower than Alienware.
The benefit with a factory made/branded is that you get complete support for your PC. Unlike a self-put together assembled PC , where you have to talk to vendors individually for any problems or RMA.
The difference is there in customer support.
If the RAM isn't working right then the Vendor can say that your board is problematic , or things like that. There will always be ambiguities with that. Don't you see so many people in forums who try to assemble their rigs themselves or from some average level guy complaining of issues.( no offence meant to the'm )

While there is no doubt that companies try to take every ounce of money from consumers but they provide service to people who usually don't have a problem in paying that hefty sum but all they want is the best they can get without any effort or worries.

^donno about 10k, but refurbed phones were avlbl fir 14k and old ones for 20k...

happens in ios as well

No , I meant if My Device is more than capable of running an updated version of Android (flagship device an year ago) , why the F**k the device manufacturer abandons giving update to it , specially when promised.I have seen this very well in Droids out there. This is a marketing strategy to keep new droids flowing in market .
While this may have been the case with Iphones , but those phones don't get obsolete at such tremendous speed.

The point @Rishi. is trying to make is that Apple products are very good out of the box and target people who do not really have the time to read this forum or websites or XDA. They want the phone to be a smartphone and work flawlessly. Apple does win here.
Yeah , pretty much the same. Plus the fact that these people don't worry about money that much. I mean they really don't care about paying 5k more over a phone which is better for them.

The thing is, Apple is not releasing Budget Friendly Mobile priced in defferent segements like 10k, 20k or 30k with iOS7. But Andriod does.
Agree without any doubt. But that phone will not be same as you are expecting it to be. It'll have flaws and problems due to cheaper cost involved.
Same things happens in Android too. Take time and think about the companies like MicroMax , Lava , and then compare it with Sony , LG and Samsung(particularly).

In concise , all I have to say is that While I also feel bad about Apple's marketing strategy and pricing thing , but TBH , IPhone/IOs is definitely is a product of true engineering and is more stable and durable than majority of expensive droids out there.
While people continue to mock it , for some reasons .

Can you note down a number during a call and once your call is finished does that number exist anywhere? :D
:rofl: trolled, uhahaha

How do you share data in IOS?
Yes, Apple Ecosystem is restriced. Android is not. This is android's advantage. However, this makes IOS safer and less prone to malware. Similar to stores, I can submit any app to Play store , it just checks for Malware. Apple ensure quality.
So this evens out.
Absolutely . There are lots of such crap apps on Google PlayStore. I think there was a recent case where Indian govt. wanted to ban something there due to adult contents or something(pardon my memory).
Also there was a recent case of some harmful app. that found it's way to google play store.
While staying open is good , but it has it's bad days too. And not everyone can live with that.

nikufellow

In the zone
iPhone 5 touchscreen found to be over twice as fast as its Android-based rivals - GSMArena Blog

Just something ;)

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Apple is VFM only if the ecosystem is complete as each system complements each other.

Android users can achieve the same by choosing their handsets wisely. You get only what you pay for when you compromise on quality for cost.

d3p

PowerHouse
Non- geeks / normal people are the biggest core population. Out of 10 people that buy a smartphone 7 of them are not interested in geeky stuff. They dont care that Andorid is open source or whatever you have to say. They wont spend time fixing bugs by googling up or looking for the same in XDA.

They want the phone to work out of the box where Apple IOS is way way better than any android phone.

Its the same case with Andriod too. At least, i don't need a Credit Card for using POS apple products.

That's no big gimmick. Hold the line, switch on the speaker phone. Go to Homepage, open Notes. Type whatever sh!t you want to type. Voila !!.

Its the same case with Andriod too. At least, i don't need a Credit Card for using POS apple products.

That's no big gimmick. Hold the line, switch on the speaker phone. Go to Homepage, open Notes. Type whatever sh!t you want to type. Voila !!.

Dont you think that would take a longer time that a smartphone is suppose to. :?

Anyways, I also own a S3 and quite satisfied with it. However, I do understand where users come from saying that IOS is hasslefree.

sandeep410

Journeyman
I have both iphone5 and S3.I will do my comparison
Games look far better on iphone than on my S3. However iphone has really very small screen and you will struggle with pushing small buttons on lots of game.
Videos look better on S3 than on iphone.
Your apps dont auto update on iphone this is a huge pain really for me to keep on updatting all apps manually.
Iphone doesnt have a back button which is really irritating in some casses especially on your browsers.
S3 has very less battery time. A full charge gets drain extremely quickly especially if you had minimised some games.
Iphone battery last twice as long.
Touchscreen is extremely smooth on iphone its not even a contest its better than s3 by a mile.
Its feels good to holad a iphone bec of its aluminium back cover.
Iphone is a closed system so you cant put what you want in it. Though you can still put songs from itunes.
You can use emulator in android to play lot of games from previous generations like games from nes, sega and playstation one
In android threat of malware is extremely high. In iphone threat is low but still you can get viruses and malware from some applications. Bec Apple doesnt check whether a app contains a malware or not they only check if a app is legit and works properly.
You get lates update to your OS very quickly in IOS. But its always better to w8 for few months for the 1st patch to get released before updating as new version are always buggier even in ios.

App Store vs Google play
Google play is a complete joke. You cant see the newly released games on android on ios you can. I know there is a new released section on android but its filled with remove clothes app and some junk games.
Google play is filled with lot of junks so its very difficult to navigate and search for good games.
App store its very easy to search or navigate to great games. Also lot of good games which are released for ios are not there for google play.

Ios is extremely great OS it never lags, hangs or freezes unlike android only problem is closed nature of product.

Overall google will eventually win Apple vs google battle.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Dont you think that would take a longer time that a smartphone is suppose to. :?

Anyways, I also own a S3 and quite satisfied with it. However, I do understand where users come from saying that IOS is hasslefree.

Screenshot_2013-09-23-19-05-36.jpg

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/mobiles-tablets/12242d1379943420-iphone-more-vfm-than-droids-screenshot_2013-09-23-19-05-36.jpg

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Because old phone age faster in other ecosystems. last to last to last year's iphone has all the benefits of the ecosystem as a low end / mid range droid

A walled garden will obviously be diff from a desert, you cannot blame the walls

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
My 2 cents: I feel "naked" android is really a fantastic os. All companies add their skin on top of stock android and make it messy with lots of bloatware. This certainly adds to the feeling of "lagginess" and i think this interferes with the performance as well.

I have a Lava iris 501. It used to lag occasionally, but once i rooted the device and removed bloatware and installed apps like greenify and launcher pro, the phone has become very smooth. Of course its not perfect and there is that occasional hiccup, but its much better than what it was before. So the point is once you own an android, its upto you to extract max performance from it.

Regarding apple products, the experience feels more "premium" as i have never encountered a lag on my ipad mini. Also , the occasional annoyances on android like app incompatibility,play services mandatory installation etc are not there in ios. Ios is really very well built and steve jobs was correct when he said "People who are serious about software should make their own hardware".

In the end, i need both os for my needs, android for phone(big screen, plenty customization) and ios for tablet( Great app content+great battery life). Windows phone is also very smooth and wp8 interface rocks and i will certainly own it in future

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Im willing to bet the upcoming Ubuntu OS will combine the customisation ability of android and the smoothness of other OSes..
Just see the desktop version of Ubuntu for instance, there's no trace of lag in it like Windows

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I had a hands on with my sister's iPhone 4 in early 2012 and straight away decided against it for many reasons.

I don't want iTunes to plague my PC/laptop. They are already suffer from Windows.

Limited Apple support in India. Have to take it to Chennai/ Bangalore for service and then there is the waiting time.

I don't use headphones so no use for iPhones BT.

It is fragile / expensive to repair.

However, I do use BT to share photos all the time in my Defy (and previously SE K800).

And then there is the cost factor. iPhone is a premium phone and as such, VFM is not a buying factor.

Then comes the ecosystem: you get the best out of your iPhone depending upon your ecosystem. Your iPhone connects better to Apple devices than alien devices.

There are two things I did like about the iPhone: The touch sensitivity and the battery life.

As I like to use my phone freely even if it is a non-smart phone, and given the restrictions surrounding the Apple ecosystem, I can't say iPhone is VFM, unless you have already invested in the ecosystem.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Hmm if you can buy a 10k+ phone, it is easily possible to save up and buy an iphone, especially refurbed, second hand or previous devices. You have to buy fewer phones per year and that makes it vfm.

The software still progresses artificially, irrespective of device capability. Have apps running on 2nd gen that are no longer supported, apps are functionally identical on 4, but it is no longer possible to install on ios 4.x. Another simple example is that you cannot downgrade to ios 6.x from 7.x if you so choose. Yep this is like a couple of years more than android, but it hurts nonetheless, when siri is pulled as an app for all devices and released as a service for only the latest. Same for phasing in the lightning port, which may be the single biggest reason for 5c. Most ios accessories in local stores still dont support it.

Top Bottom