Is iPhone more VFM than Droids?

d3p

PowerHouse
I don't use headphones so no use for iPhones BT.

I don't know about iphone 4 or 4s. But with Iphone 5, i can connect my Nokia BH505 & Plantronics Back beat 903+ Bluetooth Headphones for calling & music. Its the same with ipod 5Gen too. Infact i have connected multiple devices to an ipod5G like Belkin Bluetooth media steamer for wireless music over speakers, through Bluetooth again.

I agree, it doesn't support BT File Transfer Protocol.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Iphones connect well with other peripherals too. Or should I say the other way round. Matter of fact, I have a Jawbone era which when connected to an Apple device will also show a BT battery bar on the phone without any need for app installation while it's counterpart on Android was only available after installing an app from the play store.

There are many other similar experience since my bro owns an iPhone and I do an android, there comes many situations where I would want something but it would better support an iDevice despite being completely 3rd party.

I have noticed as a rule, 3rd party peripheral support is higher for iDevices while community support is higher for Android.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Hmm if you can buy a 10k+ phone, it is easily possible to save up and buy an iphone, especially refurbed, second hand or previous devices. You have to buy fewer phones per year and that makes it vfm.

My Defy+ is two is old. But it is working good enough. (I did root it and installed CM 10.2) However, if I happen to break my iPhone after the warranty period I have to spend quite a pocketful. If it is inside the warranty period, Apple gives the best warranty support for replacement but, I stand to lose my data.

I don't know about iphone 4 or 4s. But with Iphone 5, i can connect my Nokia BH505 & Plantronics Back beat 903+ Bluetooth Headphones for calling & music. Its the same with ipod 5Gen too. Infact i have connected multiple devices to an ipod5G like Belkin Bluetooth media steamer for wireless music over speakers, through Bluetooth again.

I agree, it doesn't support BT File Transfer Protocol.

AFAIK iPhone 4 and 4s talk to BT headsets quite as well as 5. I am only disappointed with the lack of support in pairing with other mobiles or computers.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
I swear i would consider an iPhone if there was a model available within 15k .Basically i would buy 4S if it was 15k.I don't have anything against iOS or Apple its just their overpriced products are a rip off

sushovan

In the zone
I swear i would consider an iPhone if there was a model available within 15k .Basically i would buy 4S if it was 15k.I don't have anything against iOS or Apple its just their overpriced products are a rip off

I second this. I would never opt for trading my kidney for an overpriced and glorified fingerprint scanner ;)

geek_rocker

Broken In
Seriously guys? iPhones Value for money? And you can't compare shitty 10k android models to a flagship phone of a premium brand. Even though some of them let you do more than the iPhone. The iPhone is way too restricted to be useful in an Indian environment. I own a Note II and it does everything the iPhone can and more with better battery life. I gotta admit that my friend's iPhone 5 looks damn good though.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Seriously guys? iPhones Value for money? And you can't compare shitty 10k android models to a flagship phone of a premium brand. Even though some of them let you do more than the iPhone. The iPhone is way too restricted to be useful in an Indian environment. I own a Note II and it does everything the iPhone can and more with better battery life. I gotta admit that my friend's iPhone 5 looks damn good though.

iphone is not a flagship phone, its the only phone apple has. talking about being VFM, iphone can't even do some basic tasks out of the box which those 10k androids can do (BT file transfer, file manager, drag and drop file copy-paste to name a few).

+1 to this. apple thinks overpricing their products is a birth right.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
My bro bought an iPhone 4 about 2 years back, while I got the Xperia Arc around that time. Both cost us the same. Coming to the present, he is still using his phone just as comfortably while my phone is like a 1987 Maruti 800, it works, you just don't know if it will.
My friend made a wiser choice and got the Galaxy S2 (best droid of the time) at the same time, even he dumped his phone to get an S4.

If you look at the investment over the years, the iPhone is providing a much better value. His phone also seems fine for another year or so after which I presume he will switch due to boredom rather than usability issues.

geek_rocker

Broken In
iOS 7 is super laggy on the iPhone 4S. Even iOS 6 was bad on anything older than the 4S. As for OS smoothness, I agree. For everything else, no.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Uh ok. Then android is way to go because iOS is totally cloud based and service oriented os.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ok, officially, iPhone 5C and 5S are the only models offered in India
Apple (India) - iPhone

24-27k listed prices for the 4, which was released in 2010.
Mobiles - Buy Mobiles Online at Best Prices in India - Mobiles & Accessories | Flipkart.com

:D

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
iOS 7 is super laggy on the iPhone 4S. Even iOS 6 was bad on anything older than the 4S. As for OS smoothness, I agree. For everything else, no.
My bro was complaining about his ip4 on iOS7 too but his complains are similar to the normal android lag. He did complain about iOS6 too but it was patched I think and he hasn't complained since.

Content is best on iOS

This sometimes pisses me off as an Android user. Till I got my iPad I hated Apple to the core because of this. A case of sour grapes I guess :D

I think people don't care about 'content' here (India) yet.

People care about content more than anything here. Almost everyone wants to jailbreak their iphones to get some free song app and free fruit ninja etc etc. My entire college was filled with apple gamer groups stuck to their phones during free time...doodle jump, then fruit ninja then some zombie game and then some other platformer idk more... I think I mentioned this before that no one wanted to play the same game on a bigger android screen due to performance issues and this irked me as an android user.

quagmire

Allllright !
ok, officially, iPhone 5C and 5S are the only models offered in India
Apple (India) - iPhone

24-27k listed prices for the 4, which was released in 2010.
Mobiles - Buy Mobiles Online at Best Prices in India - Mobiles & Accessories | Flipkart.com

:D

Price of their lowest end model ~= price of the flagship Nexus (28k).. Crapple logic!

Top Bottom