is cs 1.6 dead?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Man I think you don't have any idea what you just write just do google and see how many player played this game and number servers, tournament and fans. Have you ever run the game Quake, I don't think so it's more cartoonist. I think start playing the high end games with super graphics when you having Bloomfield or Arrandale that why you approach to this opinion.
I love my fingers, i love my keyboard and love my free time. So I'd not waste any of them by typing 'no idea' thing. And i don't care about 'how many' people play it, because it's nuisance basically.
'A lot of people' in India purchase Nano while they can get far superior car at a little bit of extra price. Sorry, I was, am and always will stay outside that 'lot of people' thing.
:wink:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^look you have right to speak...ok...but don't you think you stay in a society where your comments would hurt some people...i don't say you should praise CS 1.6...but i would also like to say you shouldn;t say something which you don't know.

ok tell me why flipkart and infibeam is selling COUNTER STRIKE:ANTHOLOGY game which is 12 years old? and why do people have given maximum number of positive ratings to that game on flipkart?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Sorry buddy, I have stated my op. You don't like it, it seems, ignore it. Why stretching the matter?
I played CSS for ~4½ years, you don't wanna know how much i played, and then the, damn CS 1.6 appeared, just couldn't give away the CS craze, so had to play it, for one year i guess, then our whole team quit playing, that was some ranked team. Yes, it was me who took the initiative, and others happily followed.
Right now i can gather 50 of my friends who will say the same thing, if not worse.
So just leave it, alright? You like 1.6, play it, I find it cartoonish and i won't play it, ever.

EOD.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I played CSS for ~4½ years, you don't wanna know how much i played, and then the, damn CS 1.6 appeared.
lol.. it was CS: Source (2004) which appeared 4.5 years after CS (1999). CS:S came around the time when Half Life 2 was to come. CS on the other hand started as a community mod for Half Life. Half Life came out in 1998 and Half Life 2 in 2004.

I'm finding it hard to believe that you think CS craze started after CS:S.

It was dead before it arrived. What a poor cartoonish game! No idea why bunch of gaming cafes moved to 1.6 from Source!! Wast it PC spec! Jeez!
Or may be you simply think CS was launched after CS:S? :confused: lol.. Dead before arrival? Makes no sense at all - even to someone who is not from a Counter Strike culture.

Also, CS:S never really picked up in India because of Steam and how inconvinient was it to pirate, get it working on LAN - plus its massive size as you needed the whole Source engine. (Contrast all of this to CS 1.6) CS 1.6 non-Steam copies are easily available and because of this it is highly popular in "LAN". It is only ~250 MB in size, I believe.

Weird that you first got acquainted with CS:S. Perhaps you got an internet connection or started gaming only in 2008.

May be not, but everyone will find this hilarious if you started playing CS:S in 2005 and played till 2009 (4 years) and then (you think) CS 1.6 appeared in India - in 2009. Is this what you imply?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Jesus Christ!! The cafe/cafes where i/we played, yes we played CS-S (for looooong time) and then CS 1.6 started it's damn time. It's simple, what's the problem? And how come which game released at what time matters :confused:
Anyway, i am ending this discussion here, if you wanna go on then please don't quote me.
Thank you very much.

And fyi, i started gaming on 2002 and internet connection on 2003. When i was 15. Got it?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
I love my fingers, i love my keyboard and love my free time. So I'd not waste any of them by typing 'no idea' thing. And i don't care about 'how many' people play it, because it's nuisance basically.
'A lot of people' in India purchase Nano while they can get far superior car at a little bit of extra price. Sorry, I was, am and always will stay outside that 'lot of people' thing.
:wink:

You already represent the your "idea" again by using nuisance word for CS 1.6 really, what I can say you are exception then. Your example is irrelevant this because you always stay outside that 'lot of people' thing, Really price man that's why you compare with Nano, do you know what was the price of CS 1.6 on steam and I remember I paid Rs1300 (after two yr playing non-steam, Even we have thread of CS 1.6 were we invited each other) not sure what was the exact price but Katmandu was a seller who shipped me (the old member know him). One word you don't about FPS very much, Crysis very heavy graphics fine what about the game play...hmm:), CS, UT and Quake still pump my adrenaline.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I don't get your words properly, but i see what you mean.
Yes, i loved Crysis, only for it's high graphic, but that's all, the gameplay is ..... leave it. Yes, I admit CS and UT is really good in gameplay.
For me it's CS-S>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CS 1.6
All MY OP. You can agree and disagree, your matter.
;)

Meh.. CS rocks. I play 6-7 hours daily.. you won't get the experience of the fun in CS in any other multiplayer game. CS can be heavily modded to include special maps for fun like Hide N seek, Death Run, Assassinate the VIP etc. I used to play it for almost 4 hours everyday.. man.. those slangs, **** talking, p0rn0 sprays and what not.. will always be remembered <3

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
It is definitely fun but if you have a good system that can run source, and haven't played 1.6 before, then play source. you'll find 1.6 cartoonish. myself i'm a 1.6 and cz player and haven't played much source due to lack of good servers in India and since most of my friends play 1.6. there are tons of 1.6 and CZ servers for in India. Though i'm not pro at the game i'm just used to 1.6 and cz and find source recoil and other things bit out of order. i'll probably move when cs go is released.

As i already said, it is matter of personal choice. I'm not surprised @ithehappy likes source more than 1.6 because he said he played source first and then tried 1.6. Most of us are 1.6 players at start and then tried/moved to source.

Those who are used to source find 1.6 as a big letdown in graphics. and also the 1.6 community is well established and most of em aren't casual players and those who come to 1.6 find the game harder in terms of competition and also game mechanics. and finally it becomes cartoonish and losers game according to them. few valid reasons for the game being still popular and is being played more than source is because of it's low system requirements, small size and easy to pirate.

and those who try source after years of 1.6 may find source easy, made for kids and non-competitive. some of those who say that really mean it and some of those say that just because they are loyal fanboys of 1.6

but in the end 1.6 is still the most popular game at many international game tournaments.

vipul619

whodiswhodat
seriously if someone doesnt like CS just drop it, not everyone likes CS. Just like not everyone likes Eminem :p
i love both though :D
in short mocking each other's opinion is not how you should increase your post count :p

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Something tells me you got royally pwned in that game.
What a big :lol:
Those who are used to source find 1.6 as a big letdown in graphics. and also the 1.6 community is well established and most of em aren't casual players and those who come to 1.6 find the game harder in terms of competition and also game mechanics. and finally it becomes cartoonish and losers game according to them. few valid reasons for the game being still popular and is being played more than source is because of it's low system requirements, small size and easy to pirate.
Exactly.
Well i don't expect any better graphics from a highly popular multiplayer game, but the stuffs should look like stuffs. A grenade, flash should look like at least like a grenade or flash. I don't want a childish cadbury like flash or stuffs which are so laughing, and the implication of it can't be any poor.
Meh!

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
May be not, but everyone will find this hilarious if you started playing CS:S in 2005 and played till 2009 (4 years) and then (you think) CS 1.6 appeared in India - in 2009. Is this what you imply?

:rofl: hahahahaha :rofl:

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

Exactly.
Well i don't expect any better graphics from a highly popular multiplayer game, but the stuffs should look like stuffs. A grenade, flash should look like at least like a grenade or flash. I don't want a childish cadbury like flash or stuffs which are so laughing, and the implication of it can't be any poor.
Meh!

That's a 1999 game dude.

Source was intended as an upgrade. But that didn't happen since the 1.6 community didn't like source as it is, they expected 1.6 with better graphics but the source engine was altogether different from Goldsrc and recoil patterns and everything were different. Most of the bugs(like fastswitch etc) in 1.6 are used as exploits and tricks in competitive play by the professional players and all those bugs were fixed in source. It turned out to be an altoghther different game. And the STEAM thing was hated by everyone equally then.

If valve comes up with a replica of 1.6 with better graphics, people will definitely move.

axes2t2

I am a cat

Exactly.
Meh!

That proves it.

*i.imgur.com/P4OQw.jpg

Move on people.

Top Bottom