is cs 1.6 dead?

vipul619

whodiswhodat
No, we keep our firewalls off and obviously all downloads off.
And we get nice pings.
But then again sometimes it lags due to connection issues.
Also in the hamachi window everyone should have green stars not yellow ones.
If its yellow, its relayed, in short that guy cant play.. :p

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Yesterday, I tried playing CS 1.6 online. I got real bad latency, in the order of 400. And really unstable. Need help. I run Windows XP, with a firewall exception for hl.exe and no downloads

vipul619

whodiswhodat
if all was fine from your side, it must have been a server problem.
try locating servers near you from sites like gametracker or gamemonitor

Hrishi

Goto Cmd and Type in "netstat -b".

Check for the number of applications open and communicating to the internet.
Find them and take them down if possible.

Btw , try locating Mumbia based servers .Lots of cs1.6 servers in india are nearby Mumbai and would give you a ping of ~120ms with 1Mbps/512Kbps.

You can find them on Gametracker.
Sadly there are very few listing of them In Delhi , I only have few choices for playing Cs1.6 publicly.

Hrishi

^ you will need to run a dedicated CS/HL server for that purpose.
The application will be in your folder ,named hlds.exe "half -life dedicated server."
Make sure that you change the mode to Internet , and provide your public ip and not your NAT/Local based IP.

Alok

Adventurer
Its still in all pc's of my collage lab. But don't play it, feel hesitation. Don't know why, may be graphics and ladder movements:lol:.

How long will we bear this, if series has latest titles.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
It was dead before it arrived. What a poor cartoonish game! No idea why bunch of gaming cafes moved to 1.6 from Source!! Was it PC spec! Jeez!

Last edited:

Hrishi

source is good , I love it. Its precise but the fact that I don't find the crowd for CSS , I stick with CS1.6 .
Last time I checked on Gtracker I didn't found any CSS server within 500Miles from Delhi. :(

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
It was dead before it arrived. What a poor cartoonish game! No idea why bunch of gaming cafes moved to 1.6 from Source!! Wast it PC spec! Jeez!

Man I think you don't have any idea what you just write just do google and see how many player played this game and number servers, tournament and fans. Have you ever run the game Quake, I don't think so it's more cartoonist. I think start playing the high end games with super graphics when you having Bloomfield or Arrandale that why you approach to this opinion.

PS: Shocking even I didn't touch my Steam 1.6 CS from last 6 yr. I'm a big addict and fan of CS 1.6, still I think number player prefer CS 1.6 compare to source.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was dead before it arrived. What a poor cartoonish game! No idea why bunch of gaming cafes moved to 1.6 from Source!! Wast it PC spec! Jeez!
CS 1.6? seriously mate?

This was one computer game which every human and his dog were trying to be the best at.

And there hasn't been such a game ever since.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
i know what you want to say, you mean the bullets and engine in battlefield 3 is real :razz: ofcourse it is, but cs 1.6 is really old game, but today also if you organize an event in colleges with cs 1.6 and battlefield 3, majority of players will be on cs 1.6 event :razz: come on, though its old, it has a charm, the skill with which you play, pawning, headshots, straffing, bunny hop, boasting, planning, flashing ( team flash :rofl: ), magging, calling for back up, hiding behind a box,taking down enemies in flash, smoking, planting the bomb, isn't it fun?
:D
and one thing, CS 1.6 is really fun when the opponent is a tough guy to take down :razz:

noobde team flasher is dead next round at spwnsite :evil:

Hrishi

CS 1.6? seriously mate?

This was one computer game which every human and his dog were trying to be the best at.

And there hasn't been such a game ever since.

+1 , this is why everybody plays it.....the competition. :ahh love it.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
cs 1.6 ain't dead and and isn't going to die down in near futre, atleast in India.
Steam: Game and Player Statistics

Just have look at the steam stats. It is always in top 5 most played games. The game has a loyal fanbase and the lower system requirements help the game to sustain. It is definitely fun but if you have a good system that can run source, and haven't played 1.6 before, then play source. you'll find 1.6 cartoonish. myself i'm a 1.6 and cz player and haven't played much source due to lack of good servers in India and since most of my friends play 1.6. there are tons of 1.6 and CZ servers for in India. Though i'm not pro at the game i'm just used to 1.6 and cz and find source recoil and other things bit out of order. i'll probably move when cs go is released.

And 1.6 has hell lot of hackers. those non steam guys are so much irritating sometimes.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
You are referring to a majority of CS players.(including me)

i'm not saying all of the no steam guys are wallers or aimbotters, but there is no way to ban the cheaters permanently from a server as people mostly have dynamic IPs and they ruin the fun of the game.

and the server admins should also be blamed as they use cracked servers to allow non steamers. There are very few steam only servers in India.

Last edited:

NimishG

Right off the assembly line
actually its not quite dead....my friends from 8th-10th grade r mad about it!!! i did some research on CS addiction and found that som ppl who think themselves 2 be losers in real life try 2 create a virtual environment where they win...so they keep up the practice.still...in our case its like playing Prince(the 90's classic) and becoming nostalgic!! :D :D :mrgreen::oops:...

Top Bottom