is cs 1.6 dead?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
well following the recent events and people who keep up with them. Cs 1.6 has now been officially removed from Intel Extreme Masters and World Cyber Games. What do you guys think about this ?

kisame

King of Heroes
Awesome multiplayer game.Have lots of fun playing it even now.It will continue to thrive in local competitions,IMHO.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Dead? I just played the damn thing for the past couple hours!! Getting removed from some tournaments(doesn't matter how prestigious) doesn't mean the end of something. Edison was expelled from school yet we have the light bulb.

P.S. :- I don't know if my example made any sense or not. I just wanted to write it :p
Oh and if any of you guys are looking for some assault fun then head here 74.91.121.226:27015

aaruni

The Linux Guy
can you tell me what to do with the IP adress? Have been playing CS with Z-bot. (and have been playing CSCZ) :confused:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Will thrive for sometime. But indeed it needs to be retired.
Posted via Mobile Device

SunE

Professional Newbie
It's CS 1.6 IP not CZ. Just open up the game consol by pressing tilde(`). Type connect <ip address> like "connect 74.91.121.226:27015" or open up the multiplayer/find servers options from main menu and in that go to favorites tab. Click on add new server and paste the ip address.

Yeah dude why? CS 1.6 ne tumhara kya bigada hai :( ??

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
It was a Game of the Era everyone had their first FPS experience in this Awesome game another best thing of this game is it would work in any damn computer no matter if its 10 or 15 year old

RON28

Cyborg Agent
lol, i played many lan events, and i guarantee you, CS 1.6 will atleast take 10 years to retire from now on, ;)
next generation will play GLOBAL OFFENSIVE for 15 years, at that time we will all be like old school players, don't worry, keep up the spirits and play the world's NO.1 multiplayer game ;) :razz:

aaruni

The Linux Guy
@101gamzer:True to that, but my question remains unanswered. So i can't join that game because my copy is pirated?

SunE

Professional Newbie
Strikethrough = it doesn't??? :sad: :confused: o_O

We CS 1.6 players don't use the word pirated. We prefer the more conventional non-steam :p Yes I use a downloaded from torrent copy of even this cheap-ass game. Why? Steam doesn't allow Indian users to play outside India which for me is a major deal-breaker as most of the times I'm on US servers.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
We CS 1.6 players don't use the word pirated. We prefer the more conventional non-steam :p Yes I use a downloaded from torrent copy of even this cheap-ass game. Why? Steam doesn't allow Indian users to play outside India which for me is a major deal-breaker as most of the times I'm on US servers.

Well i used to play on american steam servers

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
dead no man.

maybe in next 10 yrs

btw! global offensive experience is not good compare to cs 1.6.

if valve want CS:GO to be popular they need to act on suggestions

Last edited:

Hrishi

I still play the game for around 5-6 hours every weekend.However , I do it only at public servers.

So ,Playing against so many guys with hacks and cheats made me a Pro. :p

Top Bottom