is cs 1.6 dead?

Quanta

Right off the assembly line
Never man. CS will rule our TIME throughout college.:lol:

lol, i played many lan events, and i guarantee you, CS 1.6 will atleast take 10 years to retire from now on, ;)
next generation will play GLOBAL OFFENSIVE for 15 years, at that time we will all be like old school players, don't worry, keep up the spirits and play the world's NO.1 multiplayer game ;) :razz:

Yeah:doublethumb:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Call me a noob or whatever you want, I want this game to be dead.. Cant they just replace this with CSS atleast.. I know many pros and "wanna be" pros love this game for a number of reasons ( i am going to list none), but come-on, its a ten year old game..it surely needs a successor..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^ got owned ??

why do you say that ? I play CSS regularly, sure I get owned a lot but I know how to pwn ;).. I dont play CS1.6, the game is too old for my taste

Just look at the bullet-spread in CS 1.6 for instance.. and look at the kind of bullet-spread you get in Bf3 or even COD..

I hope someone will understand what i mean to say..

Hrishi

Re: is cs 1.6 dead ?

The most important reason why CS1.6 is still ruling the College and Student life : System requirements are considerably low, "almost" every PC built after 2000 can run this.
Not everyone(student) can afford likes of Nvidia GPUs and Dual-core/Quad core CPU , which are the basic requirements of new games.

Average Laptops are equipped with low-end stuffs,and most of college users have lappies.

IMO, it won't dissapear so easily .However the increase in Touchscreen gaming tablets and portable gaming devices are threating entry of newbies in CS.

Saumil996

Journeyman
Can you play CS 1.6 on Windows 7? It says fatal error - less than 15 mb memory avilalbe....

I had the same problem, Just do as morpheus instructed
i.e. 1.Right click on the shortcut
2. Click on properties
3. Compatibility Tab
4. Check the "Run this game in compatibility mode for"
and Enjoy :)

kaz

right here
CS 1.6 and NFS MW will be there for our kids too :p
they wont die unless something similar and that great is out.....i mean an updated version.....

RON28

Cyborg Agent
why do you say that ? I play CSS regularly, sure I get owned a lot but I know how to pwn ;).. I dont play CS1.6, the game is too old for my taste

Just look at the bullet-spread in CS 1.6 for instance.. and look at the kind of bullet-spread you get in Bf3 or even COD..

I hope someone will understand what i mean to say..

i know what you want to say, you mean the bullets and engine in battlefield 3 is real :razz: ofcourse it is, but cs 1.6 is really old game, but today also if you organize an event in colleges with cs 1.6 and battlefield 3, majority of players will be on cs 1.6 event :razz: come on, though its old, it has a charm, the skill with which you play, pawning, headshots, straffing, bunny hop, boasting, planning, flashing ( team flash :rofl: ), magging, calling for back up, hiding behind a box,taking down enemies in flash, smoking, planting the bomb, isn't it fun?
:D
and one thing, CS 1.6 is really fun when the opponent is a tough guy to take down :razz:

Hrishi

Have a look at the FlashDeck's animated Videos for Cs1.6 on yoUtube, specially De_Deust2 and couple of others , they are hilarious. :p

vipul619

whodiswhodat
What is Hamachi?

hamachi is a free virtual private network.
It helps you play among friends living far from eachother like you were sitting next to eachother on LAN.
Also if you plan to use it, use 1.0.3 version, that is the best version till date.

Hrishi

hamachi is a free virtual private network.
It helps you play among friends living far from eachother like you were sitting next to eachother on LAN.
Also if you plan to use it, use 1.0.3 version, that is the best version till date.

I have played CS1.6 using Hamachi , with 4 of my friends.However I always found the latency to be really high. Almost in the order of 500ms.
Is this a common issue with hamachi ??

Top Bottom