Intel Price Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

glass

Broken In
Intel has announced price cuts effective 22nd July,2007.

I would like to know if these price cuts are really going to restructure the market & your opinions on them.

If so how much would the E6600 C2D 2.4GHz processor be approximately priced at. ( I know it would be better to look at higher range, but I want an approximate idea ).

Also how much time would they take to reflect in the Indian Market. Im currently residing in Mumbai.

Thank you.

Source : *www.hkepc.com/bbs/itnews.php?tid=789466

Stalker

Padawan
any idea abt the price range of entry-level quads??

will an entry-level quad be better than a e6750(in gaming)?

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Have current games really been designed to take advantage of more cores? I really doubt it. We will have to wait for newer games to release i guess before that question can be answered.
Even I am gonna upgrade soon and was contemplating between the Q6600 and the E6650/6750...
Ive read that the Quad cores generate a lot of heat and cant be overclocked as much as the dual core version, so i guess it boils down to whether the stock Q6600 is better than the overclocked E6650/6750...

Stalker

Padawan
^^same here...confused whether to get the e6750 or Q6600

well, i've heard that crysis can 'supposedly' take advantage of multi-sore proccy, dunno abt the rest

Last edited:

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Stalker said:
^^same here...confused whether to get the e6750 or Q6600
Check out this article...
*www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3038

apparently the E6850 and Q6600 will be priced equally...

godsownman

Padawan
Thanks for the update.

I really hope Intel Quad Q6600, is attractively priced here in India ! Its going to be priced well in Usa but Ive always noticed a difference in the prices here( when compared to Usa) and that spoils the party.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Yeah thats always a problem. Me too hoping that the Q6600 will be priced within my budget. If you consider Indian prices to be approximately 30% higher than US prices, the Q6600 will sell for around Rs 14 - 15,000/-.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Hells_Fury said:
Yeah thats always a problem. Me too hoping that the Q6600 will be priced within my budget. If you consider Indian prices to be approximately 30% higher than US prices, the Q6600 will sell for around Rs 14 - 15,000/-.

There is 0% duty on CPU in India now so theoritically there shouldnt be much of a price difference.
Currently the prices do stabilise to somewhat near to US prices in some time. :)

Hells_Fury

In the zone
darklord said:
There is 0% duty on CPU in India now so theoritically there shouldnt be much of a price difference.
Currently the prices do stabilise to somewhat near to US prices in some time. :)
Cool...:) Thats real good news. Lets just wait and see...

pushkaraj

In the zone
darklord said:
Don't know much bout intel. But the recent price drop in AMD procies was really disappointing. Coz the new prices barely reflected in the Indian market. Atleast not in Lamington road, mumbai. The biggest problem in Lamington road is whichever shop u visit, u will never b told the separate price; i.e. procy and mobo. They will tell u the combine price like fo eg. AMD AM2 5200+ and Asus M2NPV-VM together costs 12000 bucks. They themselves don't know the cost of the mobo and procy individually. So wishing luck 2 all uguys planning 2 buy from lamton road........

darklord

Cyborg Agent
pushkaraj said:
Don't know much bout intel. But the recent price drop in AMD procies was really disappointing. Coz the new prices barely reflected in the Indian market. Atleast not in Lamington road, mumbai. The biggest problem in Lamington road is whichever shop u visit, u will never b told the separate price; i.e. procy and mobo. They will tell u the combine price like fo eg. AMD AM2 5200+ and Asus M2NPV-VM together costs 12000 bucks. They themselves don't know the cost of the mobo and procy individually. So wishing luck 2 all uguys planning 2 buy from lamton road........

I am aware of that.Even in Pune we are offered bundle prices but if you insist, you are given individual prices.

sakumar79

Technomancer
In chennai, it appears to be different - You can get 5200+ for 6.4k and M2NPV-VM for 4.5k... Details from *www.deltapage.com/ - but not sure if you can get both separately or you have buy both together...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom