Indian brand vs any other alien brand

dexterunknown

Broken In
I started thinking about it when i saw a post on Facebook about Indian economy falling down because of usage of foreign goods more than Indian. The post also said that 12 months earlier 1 usd was 39 inr but now it is 1 usd is 56 inr:shock:. I stated thinking that are Indian products good and what about their after sales service. Please reply about what you think about it...

on FB-

just 2 mins plz... very usefull and interesting

MUST READ...
SPEND 3min to read this and make your Future Bright

YOU CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO THE INDIAN ECONOMY .
Before 12 months 1 US $ = IND Rs 39
After 12 months, now 1 $ = IND Rs 56.619
Do you think US Economy is booming? No, but Indian Economy is Going Down.
Our economy is in your hands...

A cold drink that costs only 70 / 80 paisa toproduce, is sold for Rs.9 and a major chunk of profits from these are sent abroad. This is a serious drain on INDIAN economy.

What you can do about it?
1. Buy only products manufactured by WHOLLY INDIAN COMPANIES.
2.You don't need to give-up your lifestyle. You just need to choose an alternate product.

Every INDIAN product you buy makes a big difference. It saves INDIA. Let us take a firm decision today.
BUY INDIAN TO BE INDIAN...

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
When was 1USD 39INR 12 months back ? Best rate I have seen in past couple years is 1USD 44INR.

Hrishi

its because dollar is being used more than rupee. reason : less investment in indian market. also due to european union.

demand for US$ is getting higher these days.

sujoyp

Grand Master
The biggest factor effecting of dollar rate is -
1.FDI - foreign investment goes up and down with current political situation also with saftey of business from war,terrorist attack,any natural desaster etc.....even the scams may scare the foreign investors.

2. Gold import - we import most gold from foreign...soo govt have to spend dollars to import it...more the demand of gold more the dollar we spent and our rupee become weaker.

more the dollar come to india..more rupee will become stronger..

Also if we export more then too we gain dollars from foreign which effect rupee vs dollar rate

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I was about to open this same thread. that message is getting circulated from ages, I used to get those mail when emails were the only means of communication. then social network sites came and trying to spread it.

@dexterunknown: can you please post that article in your first post?

OP
D

dexterunknown

Broken In
When was 1USD 39INR 12 months back ? Best rate I have seen in past couple years is 1USD 44INR.

That post on fb said this only!!!

I was about to open this same thread. that message is getting circulated from ages, I used to get those mail when emails were the only means of communication. then social network sites came and trying to spread it.

@dexterunknown: can you please post that article in your first post?

why not

its because dollar is being used more than rupee. reason : less investment in indian market. also due to european union.

demand for US$ is getting higher these days.

its not about the dollar thing only!!! I am saying that isnt the Indian economy going down

Hrishi

^We need something purely Indian , o/w money will flow to chinese market as well ,.
I highly doubt , any off that is gonna happen in near future.

digitaltab

In the zone
I wonder if there are any Indian manufacturers of graphics cards, video games, and other gadgets, ... and if we talk about soaps/ shampoos/ toothpaste/ ration/ fuel/ vegetables etc. , then yes i buy these things from Indian sellers/ manufacturers only... :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
In this way at least our IT business is the biggest positive contribute....they earn in dollers and pay our IT pros....thats the reason some years before Indian GDP rate was 8% and fall down to 6% as soon as recession came

a pure indian product which we can export is really difficult to find other than food raw material and handicraft.

Even if maruti,mahindra, tata or any auto maker exports there cars jeep out side , ultimately they have imported engine/technology

i buy these things from Indian sellers/ manufacturers only...

Really u dont buy any Unilever product (Hindustan liver) or Cadburies (Kraft foods),

Last edited:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
The whole problem with Indian products is that the companies structure themselves around the motto of "profit first and quality second". In technology sector, it is actually a lot cheaper to get things produced in China/Malaysia/Thailand/Vietnam compared to designing or manufacturing in India. Micromax, Karbonn, Lava: Sure, maybe decent phones, but where is the SAR specification? Why do a lot of these phones exceed safe radiation levels? Where is the consistent support, the long-term viability of such products? Can I still get support for this product 5 years later, paid or not? The answer is NO simply because the Indian companies never plan this out in advance; they'd rather prefer you buy a new product.

If you don't have a name for reliability, people are simply not going to buy, period. It's high time Indian players in the technology field as well as other fields realized this fact.

Case in point: Take Maggi vs. Reliance Instant Noodles. Reliance Noodles were once made by Nissin. Now by another contractor. God knows who will manufacture it 2 years down the line. As a result, people will always choose maggi over Reliance because they can expect consistency in product quality and taste, whereas Reliance was just looking at how it makes sense monetarily.....

sujoyp

Grand Master
@acceleratorx u r absolutely correct...thats one of the reason indian product can not be sold in other countries ...other issue maybe patent issues.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Consider:
1. Prefer an Indian brand over Foreign if it is close enough in quality / service.
2. Prefer an Indian brand over Foreign even if it is manufactured abroad. (This supports Indian companies and makes them stronger to fight International competition)
3. Among Foreign brands, prefer those which are manufactured in India. (Indian labour, Indian suppliers etc.)

EDIT : Removed double post.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
iPhone, steady stream of apps... but hey some of them may have been made in india
but ok wont drink any more colas

Top Bottom