I am really worried about my Cpu temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

webdesigncut

Journeyman
Hello friends,

I really never mind monitoring my cpu tem till now but after viewing a thread in this forum i installed COre Temp and this is what i got

*i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab59/sash_007/a-3.png
my configuration of this pc is pretty basic

msi k9mm-v

amd athlon 64 3200+ 2 ghz

1Gb ram zion

2 fans 120 mm on side installed and one at back
450watt smps
although i have another high end pc with much better configuration but i want this to work as well

my pc runs approx 16hrs daily

lordirecto

In the zone
TIM must be the thermal paste. If both the steps does not help, then you can think of investing in a after market cooler.

HSF=heat sink fan

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
85 is way too high. fresh tim won't help much. 10-15degree drop maybe. still, try it.

@OP, your PC doesn't shuts down with overheat warning? also how did you get that temperature? tried some benchmark?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ Be serious pal - this ain't time for joking.

@ OP- get cpu cooler like CM Hyper TX3 @ 1.2K

OP
webdesigncut

webdesigncut

Journeyman
ok what i did till now is take out the side cover cleaned the side fans (lots of dust was there)cleaned inside of the cabinet cleaned the existing hsf and then i started my pc and the temp now reads 47 so dust is the issue here?
although i will keep u updated if temp rise again and then i really have to follow what sing has said of reinstalling the hsf with thermal paste or get a coolermaster cpu fan as topgear mentioned?

lordirecto

In the zone
@topgear: If you are serious all the time, life wont be fun dude.

@OP: Did you just clean the HSF? Or the entire cabinet? Did you observe how the thermal paste was? If it was completely dry or gone from the base, then you have to clean the contact area and apply a new thermal paste.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ op

You should try and apply fresh TIM (Thermal insulating material). Its got to help significantly as its joins the heat spreader of both cpu and heatsink.

Last edited:

ajai5777

Youngling
CM Hyper TX3 is too much for Athlon 64.He just needs something like this

Coolermaster AMD CPU Cooler - Model DK9-7E52A-0L-GP ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India

ithehappy

Human Spambot
As Vicky and Ajai said buy a HSF and a good Thermal Paste, try it, Temperature should drop by 5-8°C, if it's not then try a cooler as TG said.

@lordirecto- I've never seen a people like you who make fun on others concern! How old are you?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ok what i did till now is take out the side cover cleaned the side fans (lots of dust was there)cleaned inside of the cabinet cleaned the existing hsf and then i started my pc and the temp now reads 47 so dust is the issue here?

47 is ok. dust is always the problem.

although i will keep u updated if temp rise again and then i really have to follow what sing has said of reinstalling the hsf with thermal paste or get a coolermaster cpu fan as topgear mentioned?

no need to get a HSF directly. first apply a fresh coat of TIM removing the old layer. if temperature doesn't cross 55-60, you are good. if fresh TIM doesn't resolve the problem, buy a compatible HSF.

also if you are getting a thermal gel, don't buy those Rs.20-25 locally avl TIM. they won't do any good.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about pouring some water on to the cpu? It is working for the Japanese reactors, so why wont it for you?

"Just kidding"

^^ does this makes any sense or even related to this thread anyway ?

Warning : don't post any non topic related content or else you will be under my special attention.

@topgear: If you are serious all the time, life wont be fun dude.

I little jokes can be tolerated but your post no 7 has nothing useful in it and no way it's related with this thread - stop doing such thing in the future and don't waste your time in arguing for your wrong deeds

47 is ok. dust is always the problem.

no need to get a HSF directly. first apply a fresh coat of TIM removing the old layer. if temperature doesn't cross 55-60, you are good. if fresh TIM doesn't resolve the problem, buy a compatible HSF.

also if you are getting a thermal gel, don't buy those Rs.20-25 locally avl TIM. they won't do any good.

that's the nice part - a tube of a Tim will cost around 300-400 bucks but that CM Hyper TX3 is damn cheap and comes a with a tube of Tim - which makes it a sweet and perfect deal if you don't have a cpu cooler and wants to get one but don't want to OC ( or a little OC ) IMO ;-)

Last edited:
I'm using the TX3 and its the best VFM solution. You can even install an additional fan along with the generic one to improve cooling. And as for thermal paste, you can get ThermalRight or Arctic cooling TIM, they are better than CM as per the reviews i've read. Plus, it has a pin design, so its very easy to install.

But first, reapply the thermal paste and check. I've also faced overheating issues many times, and culprit was the thermal paste.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ as far as I know CM Hyper TX3's push pin design only works with intel mobo+cpu combo but for amd you might need to remove the mobo from cabby ( if cabby don't has hole for HSF back plate mounting ) and install the backplate to properly mount the HSF.

Hmm. You might be right. I don't know much about AMD. Anyways its will be a good experience for the OP to learn how to remove the mobo and reinstall it.

ajai5777

Youngling
^^ as far as I know CM Hyper TX3's push pin design only works with intel mobo+cpu combo but for amd you might need to remove the mobo from cabby ( if cabby don't has hole for HSF back plate mounting ) and install the backplate to properly mount the HSF.

Nope. Its not like that, no need to remove mobo and all.Just remove the old heat sink, assemble retention plates then use the locking mechanism its simpler than intel's; we dont even need a single screw.

This is what we use
*www.coolermaster.nl/shop/images/amdcliphypertx3.jpg

CA50

Cyborg Agent
@OP, you have mentioned that you have two 120mm side fans, whether they are working as intake or outtake? Make sure that the 120 mm aligning to the cpu fan is for intake so that it can blow the cool air on the hot cpu.

Clean your system throughly, and as others have already suggested, clean your HSF and reapply TIM, i will sugest AS5 for this. And also check the fan on the HSF, usually with time the fan degrade and the rpm decreases.

Hope this helps :)

lordirecto

In the zone
@OP: I suggest you read the following Tutorial to get an idea of cabinet configuration.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/tutorials/138401-configuring-dust-free-cabinet.html#post1357687

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom