I am really worried about my Cpu temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope. Its not like that, no need to remove mobo and all.Just remove the old heat sink, assemble retention plates then use the locking mechanism its simpler than intel's; we dont even need a single screw.

This is what we use
*www.coolermaster.nl/shop/images/amdcliphypertx3.jpg

ok ... thanks for pointing it out ;-)

OP
webdesigncut

webdesigncut

Journeyman
ok guys thanks for all your replies much appreciated
what i did is i bought a thermal paste which cost me 150/- from md computers and first i opened the processor fan and i cleaned dust again and to my utter surprise i never cleaned it since i bought it 2yrs back and a thick layer of dust was there i cleaned all and i found that the there was a trace of paste behind the fan i applied paste now temp is 47-48 but i have few queries regarding this
1. If my temperature goes up again i have to apply thermal paste again how often do i need to check it and how often u guys clean ur fan i actually never did it so it may seem a newbie question to u here
2. One more question i have also bought a processor fan as ajai5777 suggested but now i dont need it as temp is down just by applying paste so if i keep the fan will i have to apply paste again when i mount it on a new processor ? and i i will also consider buying the better processor fan as TG suggested for my new msi 790fx gd-70 board

once again thanks again to all

CA50

Cyborg Agent
@webdesigncut, better clean your system every fortnight, this will keep it clean and also will prevent dust accumulation, Any you can clean your HSF after say 3-6 months, clean it throughly and reapply TIM.

BTW what TIM did you purchase for 150 bucks? You could have purchased AS 5, its more superior then others and it would have lowered your cpu temp by another 5C

ajai5777

Youngling
You dont need to clean HSF often.Just monitor temperatures every month if it has gone high thats time to clean.Its likely once in a year or two.

OP
webdesigncut

webdesigncut

Journeyman
BTW what TIM did you purchase for 150 bucks? You could have purchased AS 5, its more superior then others and it would have lowered your cpu temp by another 5C

I bought coolermaster HTK-002 thermal compound kit

@OP: I suggest you read the following Tutorial to get an idea of cabinet configuration.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/tutorials/138401-configuring-dust-free-cabinet.html#post1357687

many thanks for this great tutorial for newbies like me i actually just did the opposite of ur 3rd point that is my intake was less than exhaust resulting in more dust accumulation but now i will just do opposite:grin: but many thanks for this that did help

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I clean HSF once in a year and every time apply a fresh layer of Tim and use my trusted CM Nano fusion ;-)

@ OP

2. One more question i have also bought a processor fan as ajai5777 suggested but now i dont need it as temp is down just by applying paste so if i keep the fan will i have to apply paste again when i mount it on a new processor ? and i i will also consider buying the better processor fan as TG suggested for my new msi 790fx gd-70 board

if you want to use a old cooler ( don't use stock cooler that came with cpu on a new cpu ) on a new cpu you have to re-apply tim though every new box packed cpu comes with tim pre-applied on the bottom of HSF they, BTW, I've told you buy a good cpu HSF not only fan ;-)

YatharthRai

Broken In
Some simple steps:-
1.Buy a good water cooler
2.Get your comp into an Air Conditioned Room(Not necessary)
3.If you can control your Fan, increase it's speed.

But as the people said,cleaning your comp and applying thermal paste is the best option.

lordirecto

In the zone
many thanks for this great tutorial for newbies like me i actually just did the opposite of ur 3rd point that is my intake was less than exhaust resulting in more dust accumulation but now i will just do opposite:grin: but many thanks for this that did help

Good! I am glad it helped you.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some simple steps:-
1.Buy a good water cooler
2.Get your comp into an Air Conditioned Room(Not necessary)
3.If you can control your Fan, increase it's speed.

But as the people said,cleaning your comp and applying thermal paste is the best option.

actually if you just want to reduce the cpu temp nothing beats a good water cooler fo cpu though it should be used with proper care anyway ;-)

OP
webdesigncut

webdesigncut

Journeyman
actually if you just want to reduce the cpu temp nothing beats a good water cooler fo cpu though it should be used with proper care anyway ;-)

Which cooler you guys are talking about
this one

Blue Star water cooler, Blue Star water dispensers, Blue Star Freezers, Water Purifiers in Bangalore

or this

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CWCH50-1 High Performance CPU Cooler

Niraj

Broken In
clean your hsf...and open your cabinet for a while,,start the pc,,and then measure it...and don't forget to use thermal paste...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which cooler you guys are talking about
this one

Blue Star water cooler, Blue Star water dispensers, Blue Star Freezers, Water Purifiers in Bangalore

or this

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CWCH50-1 High Performance CPU Cooler

of course we are talking about the CPU cooler - the newegg link - they are really nice to keep the temps low

rishiaditya

Right off the assembly line
I have a CoolerMaster Copper fan installed & running @ full speed thru a small MOD....My CPU sticks to 58-60C throughtout.....however you need to also use a good Thermal paste with it. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom