I am now on Ubuntu :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Hi guyz,
I am now on Ubuntu.
Thanks to Cool_G5 and Mehul Ved who helped me via Y! messenger!

Btw my first hour on Linux has been great, not as hindered as I thought!

btw I will be making copies of Ubuntu CD and Fedora DVD that Cool G5 has given me. I stay in Thane. So anybody needing can get in touch with me :) jus PM me!

[People with tendencies to OS flame wars are advised to spare this thread]

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Great man! Keep moving with Linux and OSS.

BTW I think you do not need much time to be a linux intermediate user. You can try Arch linux then, it's one of the best available distro that can be configured on your way from the scratch. :)

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
OMG Winblows Fanboy now using Ubuntu :shock:
I don't wish to be rude or arrogant, but if you never noticed, I was never a Windows fanboy. Even now, though I am impressed by Linux, it does mean that I am set to trash Windows. After somedays, may be I will be able to afford a high-end Mac. That doesn't mean that i will trash Windows and Linux that day!

Do you get that? And don't expect me to fill this forum with nauseating crap like praka123 bashing MS and other things.

This thread was just to share the excitement, not YOUR interests

@Deb, ya man, Linux ain't as difficult as I though it would be! Will surely try that distro once I get hands-on with Ubuntu :)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Same here... Two days ago, I have begun using linux and kick started with Ubuntu. I'm starting to like it now :)

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I don't wish to be rude or arrogant, but if you never noticed, I was never a Windows fanboy. Even now, though I am impressed by Linux, it does mean that I am set to trash Windows. After somedays, may be I will be able to afford a high-end Mac. That doesn't mean that i will trash Windows and Linux that day!

Do you get that? And don't expect me to fill this forum with nauseating crap like praka123 bashing MS and other things.

This thread was just to share the excitement, not YOUR interests

@Deb, ya man, Linux ain't as difficult as I though it would be! Will surely try that distro once I get hands-on with Ubuntu

Abe maine sirf mazaq ke tor pe bola tha. Forgot to put :D smiley. Tune to mera yu hi kachra kar diya. Read my siggy.
BTW Happy linuxing :p

din

Tribal Boy
Cool, Congrats.

I am sure the OS section in this forum will help you a lot.

And do not get angry over CadCrazy. LOL, he is a nice guy, he was just kidding.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Good to hear that Rohan :)
Just keep digging & you will learn a lot.

Me too enjoying Fedora 9 :D

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
That's great move.. welcome to the Open Source Community.. install nmap and start using the power of Linux in hacking :D

@R2K
Linux is free, as in free beer and the air we breath
Thus, Ubuntu is also free
Download the ubuntu iso from their site, burn it onto a disc, boot from it and install it and viola, you are using Ubuntu :D

as for others
please help me here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96656

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@rohan_shenoy.
Yep man; thats the spirit! :D We should not be the slaves of technology; they are our slaves. And just like a gardner will surely spoil the pudding :p ; one OS will fit a job better than the other. thats what we ought to do; use them to our benefit and liking. Being a fanboy is like being a slave IMO. What do you guys say? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom