I am ashamed about India's customs, beliefs and traditions. Are U ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
faraaz said:
HAHA!! If there was ever a comment designed to elicit maximum flames on this predominantly Hindu board...that was it!! :D This should be fun...:twisted:

First, this is a tech board and not a Hindu board FYI
And second, your post shows that you are a fanatic of your own religion without even understanding as to why you practse or preach it first. You practise as your parents/grand parents practise it. First of all sit tight and think as to why you do something before doing it.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
techtronic!! the font selection is still so bad !!! Why can't you use the fonts we are using... You know what... many won't even bother to read your posts(aryayush).....

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
kaustav_geek said:
techtronic!! the font selection is still so bad !!! Why can't you use the fonts we are using... You know what... many won't even bother to read your posts(aryayush).....

Well, you guys stick to Forum default font, Verdana while I use Lucida Sans Unicode. What's wrong with that buddy ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@mediator

jus asked him to shut up thats it. its a public forum so he shud think before what he posts. anyways, in the very next para i made it clear that how certain quallities are not unique to the religion but to the people of the region!

why blame only muslims for not being able to stand up. even in our own society (hinduism), at many places (mostly villages etc.) if someone questions the long run tradition or customs then that person is frowned upon and driven away.

the need of the hour is to correctly interpret the holy books (be it the bible, quran or our own books), spread this among people, educate them and inculcate only those things in ourselves which are relevant as of today! only then we maybe able to ward off some of the foolish beliefs and customs.

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
infra_red_dude said:
@mediator

jus asked him to shut up thats it. its a public forum so he shud think before what he posts. anyways, in the very next para i made it clear that how certain quallities are not unique to the religion but to the people of the region!

why blame only muslims for not being able to stand up. even in our own society (hinduism), at many places (mostly villages etc.) if someone questions the long run tradition or customs then that person is frowned upon and driven away.

the need of the hour is to correctly interpret the holy books (be it the bible, quran or our own books), spread this among people, educate them and inculcate only those things in ourselves which are relevant as of today! only then we maybe able to ward off some of the foolish beliefs and customs.

Well said dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
mediator said:
They ruled Indians, we rose and threw them out. And now we rise further, we go to there lands, steal their jobs with our intellect, buy the land there and acknowledge our presence there in large numbers!

very well said mediator! applause applause.. take a bow! :)

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Well, you guys stick to Forum default font, Verdana while I use Lucida Sans Unicode. What's wrong with that buddy ?
:( No offense dude... but serif fonts are very difficult to read when they are as tiny as in your post.If you are hell bent in using verdana, then notch up the font size one bit..... The forum default fonts have the correct balance of clarity and readability .....

Coming to the topic... The topic for this discussion was I am ashamed about India's customs, beliefs and traditions. Are U ?...
So, by India, do you mean Hindus ? I ask this because, your first post had the mention of exclusive Hindu ill practices... You didn't include any Muslim ones....Despite of those being more cruel.....

No Inter-religious Feud intended.. But, we should rather stop fighting regarding whose religion preaches what and focus more on the current scenario... India is home to ignorance and illiteracy...... Power corrupts and leads to misuse... I say it in context to the fact that Caste system and the like were disfigured by Rich Brahmins/Kings...... I'm a Brahmin myself... But I still say that Brahmins were the the ones responsible for these shitty practices.....

mediator

Technomancer

Thats what I try to do, to correctly interpret the holy books. U'll find me in the front to condemn practices like child marriage etc. Liberal hindus openly condemn such practices.
*www.google.com/search?q=ban+on+cow...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

But y goat slaughter isn't condemned by people in large numbers, and y not by political parties? We can remove such practices if they r based on beliefs, but what if the religion itself asks its people to do such things?

Read all the posts in the following threads....
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36467&page=3&highlight=aberforth
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50646&page=2&highlight=aberforth

The growing religion asks for equality and then asks for upliftment of muslims, why not it asks for upliftment of poor, why muslims,,,,why is it so biased? Its asks for democracy,equality etc but then first thing it tries to establish is sharia laws! How ironic!

And I guess muslims Njoy the maximum priviledges in India to stand up as every political party seems to be appeasing in favour of them.

I'm not against ISLAM, but its the followers who show such partiality in such regard. Its a pity that even after having so many priviledges majority of them still like to go by sharia laws. Its a pity that majority of them can't question their religion and read if its really written in their holy books what their clerics and maulana say.

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
kaustav_geek said:
:( No offense dude... but serif fonts are very difficult to read when they are as tiny as in your post.If you are hell bent in using verdana, then notch up the font size one bit..... The forum default fonts have the correct balance of clarity and readability .....

Coming to the topic... The topic for this discussion was I am ashamed about India's customs, beliefs and traditions. Are U ?...
So, by India, do you mean Hindus ? I ask this because, your first post had the mention of exclusive Hindu ill practices... You didn't include any Muslim ones....Despite of those being more cruel.....

No Inter-religious Feud intended.. But, we should rather stop fighting regarding whose religion preaches what and focus more on the current scenario... India is home to ignorance and illiteracy...... Power corrupts and leads to misuse... I say it in context to the fact that Caste system and the like were disfigured by Rich Brahmins/Kings...... I'm a Brahmin myself... But I still say that Brahmins were the the ones responsible for these shitty practices.....

Ok buddy, Verdana I would stick to as Lucida Font size 3 is very big to post.
FYI, I am an Athiest, so I am neither a Hindu/Muslim/Christian or for that matter a religious fanatic.
I posted about Sati, Child Marriage as I saw Water on that specific day.
As we know, every religion has its share of crap

mediator

Technomancer
Firefox > edit > content > advanced > select => "Allow pages to choose their own fonts". U won't have to select lucida or verdana etc.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
kaustav_geek said:
I say it in context to the fact that Caste system and the like were disfigured by Rich Brahmins/Kings...... I'm a Brahmin myself... But I still say that Brahmins were the the ones responsible for these shitty practices.....

i second that and i'm a brahmin too! just as we haf political parties today, were some greedy brahmins that time who gave birth to these things. but things will change. the youth of today are more free to question and capable of better understanding.

my grandpa and dad told me a lot of things and asked me to follow many customs. i used to questions them. for many i used to get answers, convincing and satisfying answers, many of which were scientific in nature. i follow them.... for those which i did not get an answer i don't follow them, till today!

if we deeply read the religious books, every book i'm sure has support for their customs and traditions. many scientific reasons are also provided. the thing is that we've been doing what our forefathers did widout questioning and the saga continues. some people take advantage of this and thus starts all the problems. we are educated, literate and definitely not dumb. we must questions, why? how? we must seek answers before blindly following the customs.

we must learn to relate the customs wid the geography and timeline. if something was relevant at some place at some point of the time doesn't meet its relevant at every place of the world and even today. we need a lot of common sense. i can list a lot of points which are true even today said in our books. very scientific and convincing. i can also list a few customs which are completely idiotic and not at all relevant today. but what we do is blindly follow the custom widout trying to know the scientific explaination while following the other which is completely absurd in today's date. we haf the power to distinguish between them but we seldom use it!

i dunno how some people interpret the jihad... but to my understanding jihad is a very practical thing which is mentioned in the holy book, quran, applicable to all religions. we need to wage a war. we all need to wage a war..............

but not a physical war.... we need to wage a mental war... we need to ask ourselves, whatever i'm doing... is it correct? is it necessary? is it relevant? just coz my forefathers did it, shud i also do it?

we need to wage a war against our minds... to fight the evil. this is what every god wants and in this context its not wrong to say that every god wants jihad..... not against others but against our ownselves! think abt it.

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
ssdivisiongermany1933 said:
hiuduism is religion of cowards , that's why they served both Muslims and brithish for about 1000 yrs
ek bar mere samne aaja phir dekhatu hu ki kyon coward hai..... bevarsi

moderators r u still alive.... y dont u ban this moron... who has already broken the digit forum rules.

infra_red_dude said:
hold ur words back dude! theres a limit for everything. this is a public forum! know ur bounds. dun act like a maniac! refrain from making such comments!

i'd say rather than linking tolerance with religions link them to the communities/regions. i think INDIANS are the most tolerance and this includes hindus, christians, moslems, sikhs, parsis etc. our country comprises of so many religions/castes. there were blasts at gateway of india a few years ago, parliament, mumbai local trainz, iisc bangalore. the dead were hindus, Xians, moslems, sikhs. but did any community retaliate??? NO! this is what is tolerance! its that indians are the most tolerant.

look at the US, for every small damage caused to them they hit back in a very large scale. they are intolerant (there maybe reasons, which i'm not going into. just limiting the discussion to tolerance). now look at the afghan govt. led by hamid karzai. there are still so many blasts, attacks do they fire back? NO... so they are tolerant and they are moslems. look at what hitler did to the jews. did they wipe out germany? NO! they are tolerant. what happened in britian on 7/7? did they destroy pak as most of them were trained there? NO, they are tolerant and they are christians! look what US did to japanese. did they destroy the US afterwards? NO, they are tolerant! the ltte mounts attacks on sri lanka. are they not tolerant? the maoists attack nepal, the ulfa in the north east. are the nepalis and the north east indians not tolerant? are both the parties not hindus???? yes they are! so stop linking tolerance wid religions! think sensibly.

STOP thinking this crap that I'm a hindu, u are a christian, u are a muslim, he's a parsi, he's a sikh. DUN FORGET THAT U ARE AN INDIAN FIRST! leave the religions behind.

refrain from supporting such posts. they'll do good to no one. this will only divide people!
read this @ssdivisiongermany1933 it will help u get tat crap out of ur mind... read twice wat infra_red said

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

vish786 said:
saale ek bar mere samne aaja phir dekhatu hu ki kyon coward hai..... bevarsi

moderators r u still alive.... y dont u ban this moron... who has already broken the digit forum rules.

They should ban you too. You talk worst than that guy.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
thunderbird.117 said:
They should ban you too. You talk worst than that guy.
ok i agree... but he has no right to tell tat on a religion... he does not know anything about hinduism... and is giving such senseless comments... which will not be tolerated by any person :mad: no matter wat happens.

kaustav_geek said:
Couldn't agree more :D
i knew tat sentence of urs " couldn't agree more " would popup again against me:D

Last edited:

faraaz

Evil Genius
techtronic said:

First, this is a tech board and not a Hindu board FYI
And second, your post shows that you are a fanatic of your own religion without even understanding as to why you practse or preach it first. You practise as your parents/grand parents practise it. First of all sit tight and think as to why you do something before doing it.

First, its called sarcasm!! :p

Second...man, I couldn't care less about Muslims, Hindus, Christians etc etc etc...it is just my observation that the majority of the posters on this board are Hindus, as is the case for anything in India...you know, because Hindus ARE the majority community in the country...so how you decide for me that I am a fanatic of my religion, I don't understand...

vish786

"The Gentleman"
faraaz said:
First, its called sarcasm!! :p

Second...man, I couldn't care less about Muslims, Hindus, Christians etc etc etc...it is just my observation that the majority of the posters on this board are Hindus, as is the case for anything in India...you know, because Hindus ARE the majority community in the country...so how you decide for me that I am a fanatic of my religion, I don't understand...

no, majority of them on this board are atheist... :D

pannaguma

Turn The Page
ssdivisiongermany1933 said:
hiuduism is religion of cowards , that's why they served both Muslims and brithish for about 1000 yrs

i dont understand why everyone is reacting to this post, because ssdivisiongermany1933 is just expressing his views about HIUDUISM (not hinduism), which i think is a religion practised in some galaxy in outer space :p. and who are the BRITHISH ??? :confused: i have never heard of them before :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom