I am ashamed about India's customs, beliefs and traditions. Are U ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetcall

Indian by heart
We already have a thread running over the issue of having faith in god so lets not make this one as another parallel thread to that. I strongly feel it to be idiotic to open large mouth on Great Indian culture when the orator himself is unaware of the very basic fundamentals. Sati and similarly many other stigmas started due to some reason. There were reasons for its persistence. Something that continued for so long......still continues because people don't want to think over it. They don't want to clean the faith and revert to its originality, rather there are many educated people who simply cut off themselves from the Indian tradition calling entire thing to be crap. Everyone is free to follow their faith and custom but calling something crap in one go shows the behaviour as perturbed and juvenile.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
@ free bird

christians are in same category of moslems or even worse of them

1.Killing jews for a 2000 yrs was done by christians not moslems
2.Crusades by chrsitians another example of intolerancy of christians
3.Killing womens by alleging as witch in Europe was common tradition till 17th century
4.catholic christians still hates jews
christians destroyed many civilization specially in central and south america

No one is tolerant

praka123

left this forum longback
^^ hmm,semetic(Isai,Jooda,Islamika) religions are intolerant.No one is perfect.but i too feel Christianity is much evolved in 20th century,they lost their holds on Europe,AMericas and most christians.there are only "name-sake" christians exists.Catholic Pope and other leaders knows this and knows that their influence sanks to a bare minimum.Europeans,AMericans are Atheists,I feel.but they are amazed by the 1400 yr old swashbuckling habbits thrown out by the Islamic militants.thats it.

T

thunderbird.117

ssdivisiongermany1933 said:
@ free bird

christians are in same category of moslems or even worse of them

1.Killing jews for a 2000 yrs was done by christians not moslems
2.Crusades by chrsitians another example of intolerancy of christians
3.Killing womens by alleging as witch in Europe was common tradition till 17th century
4.catholic christians still hates jews
christians destroyed many civilization specially in central and south america

No one is tolerant

1. Oh really?.
2. Crusades was due to Islamic conquest on europe. If the Crusades have not stop them europe would be under islamic regime.
3. It happens everywhere.
4. Who brainwashed you?.

Oh really they distroyed central and south america.

/me laughs.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Thunder bird

Incas ,Mayan ,Aztec civilization come to cease because of christian atocrites

Regarding , simply crusades were not for europe , they were to capture jerusalem but unfortunately crusaders failed severely there .

praka123

left this forum longback
stop comparing Christians of 400 yrs back with todays?One simple question: Did ur Muslim brothers growed tolerance after these many years?madarssa's openly preaches Christian's,Jews and AMerica as enemies,isnt it?where Islam tolerant?definitely not.
^ I know that being a Muslim U cannot tolerate anything,true facts about the religion.Muslims are indeed the most cruel.A 10 yr old Afghan? boy killing CAptured whites,is it what u call tolerance.
Christianity is much more tolerant and refined than both jews,Muslims.
Hinduism being the pioneer in tolerance.they allowed the minority to rule them for near 900 yrs.But Hinduism didnt die as earlier happened with Islamic invation around the world.there are meanings for vedas and puranas.sure Hinduism is not a religion is a way of life for a billion people;even non-hindus!

T

thunderbird.117

Thunder bird

Incas ,Mayan ,Aztec civilization come to cease because of christian atocrites

Regarding , simply crusades were not for europe , they were to capture jerusalem but unfortunately crusaders failed severely there .

How are we suppose to say those civilization was destroyed by christians?. Were you there at time?.

I wonder if the people would say atlantis was destroyed by christians.

Has i said Crusades wanted to remove has much has islamic conquered. The main reason of crusades was given by pope. Nowhere in the bible it says kill the people. Bible did not preach violence.

At this part you simply did not want to say Islamic conquest you simply want to support them.

faraaz

Evil Genius
HAHA!! If there was ever a comment designed to elicit maximum flames on this predominantly Hindu board...that was it!! :D This should be fun...:twisted:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hiuduism is religion of cowards , that's why they served both Muslims and brithish for about 1000 yrs

hold ur words back dude! theres a limit for everything. this is a public forum! know ur bounds. dun act like a maniac! refrain from making such comments!

i'd say rather than linking tolerance with religions link them to the communities/regions. i think INDIANS are the most tolerance and this includes hindus, christians, moslems, sikhs, parsis etc. our country comprises of so many religions/castes. there were blasts at gateway of india a few years ago, parliament, mumbai local trainz, iisc bangalore. the dead were hindus, Xians, moslems, sikhs. but did any community retaliate??? NO! this is what is tolerance! its that indians are the most tolerant.

look at the US, for every small damage caused to them they hit back in a very large scale. they are intolerant (there maybe reasons, which i'm not going into. just limiting the discussion to tolerance). now look at the afghan govt. led by hamid karzai. there are still so many blasts, attacks do they fire back? NO... so they are tolerant and they are moslems. look at what hitler did to the jews. did they wipe out germany? NO! they are tolerant. what happened in britian on 7/7? did they destroy pak as most of them were trained there? NO, they are tolerant and they are christians! look what US did to japanese. did they destroy the US afterwards? NO, they are tolerant! the ltte mounts attacks on sri lanka. are they not tolerant? the maoists attack nepal, the ulfa in the north east. are the nepalis and the north east indians not tolerant? are both the parties not hindus???? yes they are! so stop linking tolerance wid religions! think sensibly.

STOP thinking this crap that I'm a hindu, u are a christian, u are a muslim, he's a parsi, he's a sikh. DUN FORGET THAT U ARE AN INDIAN FIRST! leave the religions behind.

faraaz said:
HAHA!! If there was ever a comment designed to elicit maximum flames on this predominantly Hindu board...that was it!! :D This should be fun...:twisted:

refrain from supporting such posts. they'll do good to no one. this will only divide people!

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
hiuduism is religion of cowards , that's why they served both Muslims and brithish for about 1000 yrs
People like u makes RSS more stronger

Hinduism has always regarded all religions with respect. It believes that all religions are valid paths to God if they are followed with sufficient devotion and good moral life. Sarva dharma samabhāva (all religions must be viewed with equal respect) is an essential motto of Hinduism. The Hindus feel that the Hindu way of life is neither required nor expected from the non-Hindu people. That is why Hinduism does not encourage evangelization, unlike Christianity n islam.

Last edited:

nd4spd

Broken In
i believe that every country has its own problem, and saying that one is not good and other is better would not be justified, for me that country is great whose people are there for each other in the worst of there time, have respect for humanity and each other...............and INDIA is not one of them.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Ummm.... looks like the Mods should interfere now.... I'm for Hindu-Muslim unity... but a$$holes like ssdivisiongermany1933 change my opinion......

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
My apologies for not correctly selecting the font.
It started with the discussion of blindly following Sati and others but now this has become a thread for racists

Simply speaking, if the government says everything about being a secular and democratic country, then why the hell is the column CASTE and RELIGION being asked to fill in college and school application forms.

I see religious fanatics in this thread too.ssdivisiongermany1933 is one of them.
We talk about technological and scientific advancement, but whenever we speak publicly about religious or cultural advancement, people consider us nuts as if we are untouchables.

And finally, I was astonished to find out from the newspaper Deccan Chronicle that according to Muslim Law, a man can marry upto 4 women legally and the wives cannot take any legal action against it. Now what do you call this ?

For your kind information, it was the Muslim ruler Aurangazeb who finally handed over everything to the East India Company.

vish786 said:
by seein the topic of thread i almost felt like hittin u right and left... but the thread contained something else.....

almost 90% of the indians dont like all this sati, child marriage and extra activities as u mentioned.... basically its not the indian custom and belief which is bad... but the remainin 10% people follow some activities and mention tat it is tradition which is to be followed... u just tell me in which indian religion book or upanishad its written tat child marriage is allowed.... u will not find anything like this... but its the people who make this unwritten laws and ultimately put tat as its a tradition which has to be followed... so dont blame d culture... hate those people who spoil the culture and kick their ass... as the sayin goes... ek kandi machale hi poore taalab ko kharab karti hai... same is the case here.:cool:
Lol, thank you for not bashing me :D

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

kaustav_geek said:
Ummm.... looks like the Mods should interfere now.... I'm for Hindu-Muslim unity... but a$$holes like ssdivisiongermany1933 change my opinion......

Was that necessary? Please dont not flame or say bad words at the person but correct them.

mediator

Technomancer
@infra_dude, @kaustavgeek....don't let it go to ur head. There r ignorant people in the world who confuse tolerant people with cowards. Who know they might be confused about their sex too i.e if they fall in "m", "f" or "other" category...most probably "other" category! ;)

They ruled Indians, we rose and threw them out. And now we rise further, we go to there lands, steal their jobs with our intellect, buy the land there and acknowledge our presence there in large numbers!

There r phreaks who don't yet know that their family tree and ancestors consists of hindus as other religions came afterwards in India. So they don' yet know that they r abusing their own parents only, their ancestors and their bloodline. They don't even know of India's rich past and its cultural heritage.....the place which created the numerical "0" which holds the science of the world.
Its a common saying "Gali ka kutta na ghar ka na Ghat ka"......and ignorant people who say such immature words ( like in post#28 ) and people who support them like such fall perfectly in such category! They r more like TROLLS in any place!

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
vish786 said:
by seein the topic of thread i almost felt like hittin u right and left... but the thread contained something else.....

almost 90% of the indians dont like all this sati, child marriage and extra activities as u mentioned.... basically its not the indian custom and belief which is bad... but the remainin 10% people follow some activities and mention tat it is tradition which is to be followed... u just tell me in which indian religion book or upanishad its written tat child marriage is allowed.... u will not find anything like this... but its the people who make this unwritten laws and ultimately put tat as its a tradition which has to be followed... so dont blame d culture... hate those people who spoil the culture and kick their ass... as the sayin goes... ek kandi machale hi poore taalab ko kharab karti hai... same is the case here.:cool:

In the movie Water the pundit says that a woman whose husband departs has only 3 options, burn with him in sati, live a widow's life or third, with the permission of the husband's parents can marry his younger brother if he has one. Now will you call a book sacred if it asks the wife to burn herself in the husband's pyre ?

mediator said:
OH!

Slaughtering animals for eating or killing them in self defence is different from slaughtering them for "celebrating" a particular event! And further, do u think goats are completely eaten after that celebration? Have a reality check, come to delhi to the place where they were selling the posters of nude hindu goddesses, where the goats r slaughtered and witness the cruelty with which they slaughter them and then half of the body lying after the "celebration". So comparing them with fish etc for food isn't sensible u know.
If they wanna feast for that celebration then y not eat dogs and crows? That wud remove bangalore's dog stray problem and over population of crows! They can eat pigs also u know, y the poor and harmless, milk providing goats only? because their religion says so? :neutral:

If thats the case then Muslims who eat every single animal do not eat Pork as Pig is considered dirty under Islamic Law. Hindus go to Kaali Temples and give Goats and Cows as sacrifice to the goddess when a new child is born.
Why can't they give themselves or their sons/daughters as sacrifices ?
Every Religion has its share of crap

amol48 said:
I jus don understand why we have to debate for NOT eating the non-veggies.
What's the basic principle for NOT eating them in India is that they have life and feelings. Tell me aren plants alive.. Though we might be able to see their feelings(if any) but so whta they are alive!! Then why to consume plants either.. Just drink water.. We will drink milk but not have eggs.. What when the calf dies due to less availability of milk from its mother, whose milk we drink everyday!! No one cares about that...
Though not all but most of the traditions and practices followed in India are too ancient and are good in those period only.. NOT todays.. Most of them today sound baseless.. But people of India like always .. follow them without thinking the "Actual" reason nehind them..

I completely agree with you. Doing something without even thinking about the repercussions is idiotic

Last edited:

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Was that necessary? Please dont not flame or say bad words at the person but correct them.
My apologies... However.. Its not a Gandhian world anymore where you can correct 455#0|_35 like ssdivisiongermany1933 without whipping them.... Don't misunderstand me... This thread was heated but still civilised and flaming and saying bad words was absent..... But ssdivisiongermany1933 made an open assault at the Hindus...... Hurting religious sentiments isn't correct you know..... Tch.. tch.. How bad I hate these foolish people.....

They ruled Indians, we rose and threw them out. And now we rise further, we go to there lands, steal their jobs with our intellect, buy the land there and acknowledge our presence there in large numbers!

There r phreaks who don't yet know that their family tree and ancestors consists of hindus as other religions came afterwards in India. So they don' yet know that they r abusing their own parents only, their ancestors and their bloodline. They don't even know of India's rich past and its cultural heritage.....the place which created the numerical "0" which holds the science of the world.
Its a common saying "Gali ka kutta na ghar ka na Ghat ka"......and ignorant people who say such immature words ( like in post#28 ) and people who support them like such fall perfectly in such category! They r more like TROLLS in any place!

Note:I love saying this....

:D Couldn't agree more :D

Last edited:
OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
amol48 said:
That's what i am saying.. when u can eat plants then what's the problem in eating animals. After all it is nature's cycle.. Consider this:
Eagle =>Snake=>Rat ... So now would you say that these animals should not eat each other??!! This is by nature to keep a balance. Also some animals go for only veggie..This is all to keep 'Balane'. Similarly man is also an animal... (i hope u agree this at least) so what if some eat veggies and some eat non-veggies ?!!

I would like to disagree with respect to what you have said.
Animals always maintain the cycle of life.
Its we humans who are creating a problem. According to WWF, more than 3 species of dolphins, 2 species of wild birds have become extinct because of man's inability to control his appetite for meat. The best example is a specie of Shark Fish located in South and South East Asia which have become extinct due to hunting and poaching for its meat

mediator

Technomancer
@techtronic:
FYI, its not written in any holy book of Hindus to give sacrifices like that and that one shud follow it. Cow is considered sacred to hindus. Only uneducated and illiterate people follow such practises. And I condemn it. Its not that u'll find it happening everywhere in India but only in backward places. The nepalese king went back when he was requested to make presence at a place which witnessed such slaughter in a temple. Why? Cause this is a corrupt practise.

Can u say the same for the "growing religion"? The liberal muslims can't even criticise it or else they'll face fatwa etc. The goat is slaughtered not only in India but in everywhere where we have the presence of the growing religion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom