I am ashamed about India's customs, beliefs and traditions. Are U ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I watched the movie Water yesterday (Cursing myself for not viewing it before). The issue which is shown in the movie shows how ancient (even to some extent present) India should be ashamed of itself for practising something like Sati, Economic,Social and Cultural Deprivation of Widows and Child Marriage. Even practises like sacrificing a goat/cow to "so called god" doesn't show anything but belief in something which is barbaric. I certainly feel that our country would have been economically and culturally much stronger if it wasn't for these idiotic issues which changed the mindset of people.

I am proud that I have shunned myself from being called someone who belongs to a certain caste or creed as
I am an Athiest

My principle is to F**K Fate and Believe in one's self

Last edited:

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Firstly, bad font selection and formatting.. The formatting itself made me not read it further...
Now, coming to the post. I strongly agree that These taboo practices shouldn't exist. And these practices are banned by Govt. of India. However, its more the ignorance of the people rather than their belief in God which is still keeping these practices alive in certain parts of rural Inda

What we need to do is not be ashamed of it and start delivering sermons on Atheism. We should rather find ways to combat these and start by spreading awareness and education ... I wouldn't attribute India's backwardness to these practices, since its more to do with poverty and illiteracy.

I'm a Theist. But I don't believe in these practices or believe in God blindly as I know that God helps them who help themselves .. You too, have said, that Fcuk fate and believe in yourself. I feel that our statements are similar, with a minor adversity.

This is not a debatable matter since all of us are unanimous about the fact that - These practices should not exist.

End of story. Bata bing bata boom.

mediator

Technomancer
And these practices are banned by Govt. of India.However, its more the ignorance of the people rather than their belief in God which is still keeping these practices alive in certain parts of rural Inda
Slaughtering of goats banned? :shock: Sorry to say but its alive in the urban part of India too and not only in India but throughout the world specially in Central Asia.
Can u post a link saying it is banned by government of India? It wud be disaster if they ban it I guess!

praka123

left this forum longback
You dont need to be ashamed.there are middle east countries which believes in everything western is wrong and believes in sharia(islamic law),even our neighbour pakistan's western areas are nowadays witnessing destruction of CD(music) stores etc.
*www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-16/0705046649132252.htm
In saudi,they believes in eye-for-eye,teeth-for-teeth.
I have seen in natgeo that in western pakistan and afghan it's a status symbol wearing AK-47!

^with such countries already in asia,leave our small problems-sure they needs to be eliminated.but with Hindutva being considered as a life-style more than a religion what to say :-|
the lifestyle as a whole needs to be changed then

I feel India is the Only Country,(may be Nepal) in Asia which is basically peace loving.Other countries esp,middle east countries are more interested in funding terror groups and conversion in poor countries and breeding fast.

Not considering eastern asia

Last edited:

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Slaughtering of goats banned? Sorry to say but its alive in the urban part of India too and not only in India but throughout the world specially in Central Asia.
Can u post a link saying it is banned by government of India? It wud be disaster if they ban it I guess!

Come on..Did you not get what I meant by these practises are banned ?? I was indicating to the taboo practices...Sati, child marriage.. etc.. Even the developed nations aren't veggies ... What makes a ceremonial sacrifice any different from animal slaughter for meat ?

I wasn't joking when I posted my post... This is a serious issue... :|

vish786

"The Gentleman"
by seein the topic of thread i almost felt like hittin u right and left... but the thread contained something else.....

almost 90% of the indians dont like all this sati, child marriage and extra activities as u mentioned.... basically its not the indian custom and belief which is bad... but the remainin 10% people follow some activities and mention tat it is tradition which is to be followed... u just tell me in which indian religion book or upanishad its written tat child marriage is allowed.... u will not find anything like this... but its the people who make this unwritten laws and ultimately put tat as its a tradition which has to be followed... so dont blame d culture... hate those people who spoil the culture and kick their ass... as the sayin goes... ek kandi machale hi poore taalab ko kharab karti hai... same is the case here.:cool:

mediator

Technomancer
Come on..Did you not get what I meant by these practises are banned ?? I was indicating to the taboo practices...Sati, child marriage.. etc..
OH!

Even the developed nations aren't veggies ... What makes a ceremonial sacrifice any different from animal slaughter for meat ?
Slaughtering animals for eating or killing them in self defence is different from slaughtering them for "celebrating" a particular event! And further, do u think goats are completely eaten after that celebration? Have a reality check, come to delhi to the place where they were selling the posters of nude hindu goddesses, where the goats r slaughtered and witness the cruelty with which they slaughter them and then half of the body lying after the "celebration". So comparing them with fish etc for food isn't sensible u know.
If they wanna feast for that celebration then y not eat dogs and crows? That wud remove bangalore's dog stray problem and over population of crows! They can eat pigs also u know, y the poor and harmless, milk providing goats only? because their religion says so? :neutral:

amol48

Searching...
I jus don understand why we have to debate for NOT eating the non-veggies.
What's the basic principle for NOT eating them in India is that they have life and feelings. Tell me aren plants alive.. Though we might be able to see their feelings(if any) but so whta they are alive!! Then why to consume plants either.. Just drink water.. We will drink milk but not have eggs.. What when the calf dies due to less availability of milk from its mother, whose milk we drink everyday!! No one cares about that...
Though not all but most of the traditions and practices followed in India are too ancient and are good in those period only.. NOT todays.. Most of them today sound baseless.. But people of India like always .. follow them without thinking the "Actual" reason nehind them..

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Slaughtering animals for eating or killing them in self defence is different from slaughtering them for "celebrating" a particular event! And further, do u think goats are completely eaten after that celebration? Have a reality check, come to delhi to the place where they were selling the posters of nude hindu goddesses, where the goats r slaughtered and witness the cruelty with which they slaughter them and then half of the body lying after the "celebration". So comparing them with fish etc for food isn't sensible u know.
If they wanna feast for that celebration then y not eat dogs and crows? That wud remove bangalore's dog stray problem and over population of crows! They can eat pigs also u know, y the poor and harmless, milk providing goats only? because their religion says so?

Which religion are you talking about ? ;) That particular religion has always been known for its cruel religious practices... :)

mediator

Technomancer
^u finally understood! :D

amol48 said:
Tell me aren plants alive.. Though we might be able to see their feelings(if any) but so whta they are alive!! Then why to consume plants either.. Just drink water.. We will drink milk but not have eggs.. What when the calf dies due to less availability of milk from its mother, whose milk we drink everyday!! No one cares about that...
Sorry to say but thats a ridiculous analogy! Comparing plants with animals? :shock:
I don't like to repeat, so I wud appreciate if u read an existing debate here. Read from post#36.
Its for people like u who don't understand difference between plants and animals and why they have been classified differently! And then say they have got feelings too! :)

And then please read this Do plants feel pain too if u can't locate the relevant stuff! Now tell do plants have nervous system?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
kaustav_geek said:
Firstly, bad font selection and formatting.. The formatting itself made me not read it further...
Absolutely correct. I've tried to tell people so many times not to post stuff that is absurdly formatted. It hurts they eyes trying to read it. I didn't even bother here, no offense to the original poster. :)

amol48

Searching...
mediator said:
^u finally understood! :D
And then please read this Do plants feel pain too if u can't locate the relevant stuff! Now tell do plants have nervous system?

That's what i am saying.. when u can eat plants then what's the problem in eating animals. After all it is nature's cycle.. Consider this:
Eagle =>Snake=>Rat ... So now would you say that these animals should not eat each other??!! This is by nature to keep a balance. Also some animals go for only veggie..This is all to keep 'Balane'. Similarly man is also an animal... (i hope u agree this at least) so what if some eat veggies and some eat non-veggies ?!!

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
That's what i am saying.. when u can eat plants then what's the problem eat animals. After all it is nature's cycle.. Consider this:
Eagle =>Snake=>Rat ... So now would you say that these animals should not eat each other??!! This is by nature to keep a balance. And so some animals don't eat also and go for only veggie.. Similarly man is also an animal... (i hope u agree this at least) so what if some eat veggies and some eat non-veggies ?!!

Dude... Keep your philosophy to yourself... Its too hard for us mortals to understand it :D

mediator

Technomancer
amol48 said:
That's what i am saying.. when u can eat plants then what's the problem in eating animals. After all it is nature's cycle.. Consider this:
Eagle =>Snake=>Rat ... So now would you say that these animals should not eat each other??!! This is by nature to keep a balance. Also some animals go for only veggie..This is all to keep 'Balane'. Similarly man is also an animal... (i hope u agree this at least) so what if some eat veggies and some eat non-veggies ?!!
Please read again what I said, and then post what u understood by it!

pannaguma

Turn The Page
guys forget killing of plants and animals by humans, JI NE KE LIYE KUCH KHANA PADTA HAI.

but one thing that i hate is the fcuking CASTE SYSTEM. how can you decide that a group of people are untouchables or another group of people are all-powerful. and this is something that the gita and upanishads themself suggest.

this only leads to our people fighting amongst ourselves. no wonder that we have been exploited by so many other countries.

mediator

Technomancer
Can u quote where in GITA its written about caste system? Also quote the quotation from upanishad that conforms to present day scenario and promotes untouchability!

minniawochat

Broken In
techtronic said:
I watched the movie Water yesterday (Cursing myself for not viewing it before). The issue which is shown in the movie shows how ancient (even to some extent present) India should be ashamed of itself for practising something like Sati, Economic,Social and Cultural Deprivation of Widows and Child Marriage. Even practises like sacrificing a goat/cow to "so called god" doesn't show anything but belief in something which is barbaric. I certainly feel that our country would have been economically and culturally much stronger if it wasn't for these idiotic issues which changed the mindset of people.

I am proud that I have shunned myself from being called someone who belongs to a certain caste or creed as
I am an Athiest

My principle is to F**K Fate and Believe in one's self

Hi

Christ never said to Kill any one

But POP of vetican said this : God Said to Kill Muslims (Religious War)

So Dont be ashamed : Other cultures are like us tooo .

america is also doing same thing in iraq & iran.

Every Culture have pors & cons (just like windows & linux) so no one is better

Thanks

T

thunderbird.117

Well nowdays they are killing human being and eating them. A popular case is happening in india right now. Where they killed small children and eat them.

minniawochat said:
Hi

Christ never said to Kill any one

So Dont be ashamed : Other cultures are like us tooo .

america is also doing same thing in iraq & iran.

Every Culture have pors & cons (just like windows & linux) so no one is better

Thanks

What about Islam you forgot about them?. They are the ones who doing this a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

freebird

Debian Rocks!
minniawochat said:
It is Moslem leaders who says and releases fatwa against X'ians.some Muslims are very intolerant.
DUde!Christians are one of the most tolerant ppl.most of them dont care for their religion!leave them.pope never said such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom