^^ Thats why I used "broadband" and not broadband:D:D:D

azad_singh said:
try port mapping and get all connection speed of your area on your PC

Whats that:confused::confused:

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
cynosure said:
Waise I am using the night top-up of 99 bucks. Is that the reason that the night speed is not dbling??
may be??Plz conform abt ur speed from airtel customer care.

OP
cynosure

cynosure

UbuntuUser
My plan has been changed to unlimited download @ 128kbps.
I am using firewall.
Still no increase in the speed either in the day or in the night.:(

Edburg

In the zone
I am too a sad Airtel 128 ul user......

At first when i subscribed to this plan i was the happiest user among my frionds having U/L at Rs.600.But now the plan has not been upgraded and i am havin the pathetic speeds among my frineds.Guess times change....

But i am getting the promised 16kBps at Rs.600 unlimiterd.....but no double speeds at night.

OP
cynosure

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^At least you are getting 16. Mine is 12:(
You must be using DAP coz it sure increases dl speed.

Imagine 12kBps unlimited for Rs. 780 + CLI + Modem rental a month.

Edburg

In the zone
cynosure said:
^^At least you are getting 16. Mine is 12:(
You must be using DAP coz it sure increases dl speed.

Imagine 12kBps unlimited for Rs. 780 + CLI + Modem rental a month.

No DAP.Only torrents:D But the speed varies and not at constant 16 due to the overhead associated with file and data transfers of protocols.I get around 12-15 kbps mostly and sometimes below or above but its what they promised.

Since i am one of the first customers to get the plan the charge at those times of 600 is still being charged now.And i have my own router/modem and rarely calls are made from the airtel landline.So just about Rs.750 a month

freebird

Debian Rocks!
ravi_9793 said:
^^^^^^^who said linux don't have virus???
Linux and UNIXens dont have much viruses.even viruses cant harm them.haan!be sure not to login as root user!
Note to new Linux users: No antivirus needed

Savvy Windows users have to watch their virus checkers as closely as the head nurse in the ICU keeps an eye on patient monitors. Often, the buzz in the Windows security world is about which protection-for-profit firm was the first to discover and offer protection for the malware du jour -- or should I say malware de l'heure? The only thing better than having backed the winning Super Bowl team come Monday morning at the office coffeepot is having the virus checker you use be the one winning the malware sweepstakes that weekend.

It's no wonder, then, that when Windows users are finally able to break their chains and experience freedom on a Linux desktop, they stare at me in disbelief when I tell them to lay that burden down. They are reluctant to stop totin' that load. They have come to expect to pay a toll for a modicum of security.
I try to explain that permissions on Linux make such tribute unnecessary. Without quibbling over the definitions of viruses and trojans, I tell them that neither can execute on your machine unless you explicitly give them permission to do so.
Permissions on Linux are universal. They cover three things you can do with files: read, write, and execute. Not only that, they come in three levels: for the root user, for the individual user who is signed in, and for the rest of the world. Typically, software that can impact the system as a whole requires root privileges to run.
Microsoft designed Windows to enable outsiders to execute software on your system. The company justifies that design by saying it enriches the user experience if a Web site can do "cool" things on your desktop. It should be clear by now that the only people being enriched by that design decision are those who make a buck providing additional security or repairing the damage to systems caused by it.

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^^^^^^^^funny claim.Linux community will always claim similar things.If this is case,than why linux based server are hacked.And plz don't agrue on this here.This is not proper thread to discuss.If you want to discuss on this..start a new thread...there I am ready to have discussion.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Viruses and network security are two different things dude!grow up!I am not going to argue with u.know what is in ur mind.even Linux servers ran AV's to check for win32 viruses `coz they are serving windows customers too!reality sux;eh?

OP
cynosure

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Check the Image, check in the yellow box and youll realize my pain.:(
This is something that Ive been getting all this afternoon.
I changed the settings zillion of times but still dl speed wont go above 5-6.
The settings used at the time of taking the picture were giving me speed of around 16-17 earlier:(

*images6.pictiger.com/thumbs/11/d11cf8b966daa2a80259af5f1e19d111.th.png

My share ratio has gone up from 0.88 to 0.96 with nothing good downloaded. :(

Edburg said:
No DAP.Only torrents:D But the speed varies and not at constant 16 due to the overhead associated with file and data transfers of protocols.I get around 12-15 kbps mostly and sometimes below or above but its what they promised.

Since i am one of the first customers to get the plan the charge at those times of 600 is still being charged now.And i have my own router/modem and rarely calls are made from the airtel landline.So just about Rs.750 a month

CAn you post your torrent settings??
I might try them too. My last resort:(

Last edited:

Edburg

In the zone
cynosure said:
CAn you post your torrent settings??
I might try them too. My last resort:(

What kind of settings ??? port no:14676 and what others do u want....

And did u check with another torrent with many seeders ?? because some torrents go slow....And did u try with another OS...

I wud say inquire with a airtel user in ur area....If he is getting same speed contact customer care and complain about this.....If his speed ios fine then mess around with ur system.....

And dont expect more than what u are promised even though some get them. Their luck....As as u get more or less about 14~15 its alrighht for the connection....

OP
cynosure

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ Oh yes!!!
Now at least I am getting around 12-13.
Changed the port from 6881 to 51550; Disabled the UndP plugin; Disabled DHT; Forwarded my port manually. Phew...

And I have only 2 OSes: Win Me and Ubuntu 6.06LTS:D. I can use the former for internet; its buggy and I havent updated it till now.

And my friend has 256 connection and his speed is around 32kBps (sometimes 40). Think this is the fault within my system so I cant sue Airtel too:(

praka123

left this forum longback
cynosure said:
And I have only 2 OSes: Win Me and Ubuntu 6.06LTS:D. I can use the former for internet; its buggy and I havent updated it till now.
You can connect in Ubuntu if its(airtel's) a adsl pppoe connxn and u got a lan card.or does it uses dial-up OR better if u post in open source section.we will try to help:)

clmlbx

Technomancer
cynosure said:
^^Ghaziabad; A place in the NCR.

And dont say that Airtel doesnt allow that dbl speed in the night thing here in the NCR.
I asked those guys and their reply was positive but I dont see any difference. :(
Waise I am using the night top-up of 99 bucks. Is that the reason that the night speed is not dbling??

I too use night top-up of 99 bucks . and my speed goes to 60 kbps ( max )
50 is avg. on 256 kbps connection which becomes 512 at night

don't try downloading with default windows downloader .

airtel guy himself said u have to use that downloader to get the good speed .

use dap or flashget . I am using dap .

for torrents check the port is open or not .

check what is the number of peers connected to u . try increasing it .

try utorrent . that is best bittorrent software .

Last edited:

Edburg

In the zone
I am on 128 kbps U/L in Chennai.I am not getting night double speeds.Has anyone with my specs got double speeds ???

Besides i am using torrents and port open,good no of seeders,etc

Should i disconnect and login again at night to get that double speed ?? And exactly which time are u guys getting double speeds ???

OP
cynosure

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ I read over the net that (Airtel guys told the author) that you have to disconnect and then reconnect in order to get the free conxn (he was using 99 topup) so I think the dbl speed thing works the same way.

@clmlbx: I use ubuntu and not Win to do my daily internet tasks:D. I tried using utorrent with wine but 0.5kbps is max speed that I can get:D
At any point of time I am connected to around 90+ peers. ktorrent right now is showing 4(74) seeds and 92(1104) leeches[I hate these guys].

@praka: Dude!! Did you read my post??:D:D:D
My conxn is working but I am not getting speed.
I use USB port to connect my modem.

clmlbx

Technomancer
my com clock shows 10:48 pm when speed doubles .
current time 10:33 pm

and speed coms back to normal at 06:50 am

I am using utorrent with a very good upload and download speed .

you do not have to reconnect or do anything . It doubles itself .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom