Hutch is now Vodafone

Status
Not open for further replies.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Stick said:
The deal take place between hutch and Vodafone involved huge amount (vodafone paid to hutch) and govt. imposed some taxes (what I get from the news) over this deal, Vodaphone wants hutch to pay tax.:)

lol... boss FYI its nuthin of this sort as u r saying... the tax wud b paid by Vodafone, since it acquired hutch. To b more precise, hutch is now VF and the burden to pay taxes is on vodafone inc.

Even if there was such an issue as u r saying, thn at the time of acquisition it is accounted for, not after that.

Dont mess in taxes yaar without having accurate knowledge.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
you can't reprogram the sim urself and the company will prolly not do it for you, either (tho they can). they'll want you to get a replacement sim (which will again cost you).

by n/w selection, i meant the preferred n/w list shown in the phone when on roam or manually selecting the n/w.

praka123

left this forum longback
^best idea!apply for a duplicate sim card sometime later.it surely do have vodafone logo! ;)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^yeah, just register an FIR that ur sim has been stolen and get a duplicate sim card on producing the FIR copy to vodaphone when their new sims are out. you'll get a brand new shiny vodaphone sim wid vodaphone as the operator name! :D

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
enticer86 said:
lol... boss FYI its nuthin of this sort as u r saying... the tax wud b paid by Vodafone, since it acquired hutch. To b more precise, hutch is now VF and the burden to pay taxes is on vodafone inc.

Vodafone passes tax liability of $2 bn to Hutch

vodafone ‘is working with Indian Govt on tax issue’

VODAFONE HAS landed itself a big bill for its acquisition of Hutchison Essar (Hutch) in India.

enticer86 said:
Even if there was such an issue as u r saying, thn at the time of acquisition it is accounted for, not after that.
Hutch would like to take your Professional Advise!

Dont mess in taxes yaar without having accurate knowledge.
Will take care Next Time - Thanks

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
ambandla said:
hutch.in or vodafone.in are not opening properly. even if they open, clicking of "Manage my account" gives You are not authorized to view this page error
It opens up fine for me, but the site is too slow. Maybe work in progress :)

narangz

Web developer
Well I got vodafone written in the operator space & yes it is NOT an operator logo. Guess they can re-program SIM like airtel does with SIM services.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
infra_red_dude said:
^^^yeah, just register an FIR that ur sim has been stolen and get a duplicate sim card on producing the FIR copy to vodaphone when their new sims are out. you'll get a brand new shiny vodaphone sim wid vodaphone as the operator name! :D

Why take so much trouble. Just block your SIM by entering wrong PIN thrice and then PUK ten times. NO need to give any other excuse or giving any copy of FIR.

anispace

dattebayo
infra_red_dude said:
its not in the phone, buddy. you need to reprogram the sim card. even n/w selection. operator logo download is just like a sticker over the original name plate.

its also on the phone.. buy any new cellphone or upgrade ur firmware and it will show Hutch even if u have the old Orange simcard. new cellphones or the new firmwares released after a few months will show Vodaphone.

Another way is to just spoil or corrupt ur simcard and get a free replacement. now figure out how to do that.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Stick said:
Vodafone passes tax liability of $2 bn to Hutch

vodafone ‘is working with Indian Govt on tax issue’

VODAFONE HAS landed itself a big bill for its acquisition of Hutchison Essar (Hutch) in India.

Hutch would like to take your Professional Advise!

Will take care Next Time - Thanks

hehe... sir as far as my Professional Advice is concerned, i wud suggest VF to better pay up the Capital Gains tax as computed by the Tax Deptt Of India Under INDIAN RULES. They r tryin to evade penalty... again i just cant imagine how this was done- in normal cases of acquisition, all issues from taxation to Employee stock options are pre-decided [befre proceeding with acquisition]

jal_desai

In the zone
"aap jis VODDA FONE number se sampark sadhna chahte hain vo is waqt coverage kshetra se baahar hai" ....... so u see EXCEPT THE NAME..NOTHING HAS CHANGED" ;)

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
infra_red_dude said:
does harming ur sim card entitle you to a free sim replacement? if its true then i'll surely do this! :)

Harming a sim card - I don't know. But loosing your sim card entitles you to a new free sim replacement. But I don't think Vodafone sim cards are out so soon. You can wait for few months and then lose your sim card and order a spanking new Vodafone SIM Card. :D

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
navjotjsingh said:
But loosing your sim card entitles you to a new free sim replacement.:D

[FONT=&quot]Yes, but first you Requires to make Complaint for loosing your sim card with Police and take the copy of it to Vodafone Customer Care (some thing like this) than only you will give Replacement (with same old Number)[/FONT]

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
i think you have to pay some money to get your new SIM card with old numbers, Airtel takes 100 rupees for new SIM with old no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom