Hutch is now Vodafone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^^ but they charged my friend when his phone stolen and he went to airtel care after making a police diary.
before giving you a new SIM with existing phone no, they want to see copy of police GD, after that they will lock that old SIM, and give you a new SIM..... this is my experience :|

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah exactly. even my fren. the airtel ppl asked him to produce a copy of the FIR endorsed by the police inspector about the theft of the sim. then they kept it for records, blocked the old one and gave a duplicate replacement sim free of cost to him.

B

bigdaddy486

after stock hutch sims are over, i think.....
it may started making sims now.....

enticer86

Stay Silent!
hutch takes 99 bucks fr a new replacement sim...

so the best thing is go n tell ki i hav lost my sim, how much do u charge

if its free, the sim is lost
if not, voila, sim found :D

shaunak

Tux Fan
Hutch/Vodafone donot need a FIR to give you a new sim anymore. But they will charge 99 bucks no matter what.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Stick said:
[FONT=&quot]Yes, but first you Requires to make Complaint for loosing your sim card with Police and take the copy of it to Vodafone Customer Care (some thing like this) than only you will give Replacement (with same old Number)[/FONT]

Nope. My Sis lost her phone and we only called them at their customer care. We need to give details of only the last bill. No FIR is needed. And within 48 hours of making the call to customer care, we received the new SIM. :D That's truth. But if you are just trying to get a new SIM for new Vodafone Switch don't make calls until you receive new SIM. Because your phone's IMEI number gets transmitted with each Call. :D

K

krazyfrog

But why go through all this trouble? Why can't you guys just live with Hutch on your phones? Or just download the Vodafone logo.

anispace

dattebayo
my original Orange sim card got spoilt a few months back (maybe due to moisture or something) and i got a free replacement.thats why i suggested this.

and by harming it, i dont mean breaking it or any other physical damage.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
The service has become a little better on some fronts and worse on others. Now if you call customer care and make any complaint, they send you a reference number for future correspondence through sms which never happened earlier.
But they have found a new way of annoying the users. Earlier they used to show a text advert. when you made or received any call but now at the place which should be showing the location they are giving ad like that "SMS ckt to 56789"

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
asnvin said:
The service has become a little better on some fronts and worse on others. Now if you call customer care and make any complaint, they send you a reference number for future correspondence through sms which never happened earlier.
Am surprised to see that, because they do it in here all the time, even before it was taken over by Vodafone. Its been sometime (started last year itself) that they send the reference number as a sms.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
cool_techie_tvm said:
Am surprised to see that, because they do it in here all the time, even before it was taken over by Vodafone. Its been sometime (started last year itself) that they send the reference number as a sms.

For me its a new thing as I never got any reference number earlier in Delhi.

amol48

Searching...
Stick said:

Awesome joke dude.... !! that's exactly true BTW

Well in Airtel you always get ref number since long... I am getting it since past 1 and half years !!

Last edited:

enticer86

Stay Silent!
HEY guys

its showing VODAFONE in my cell now....
i was surfing the web on cell fr smtime at abt 4 n after sometime i noticed the new logo

its not a Downloaded logo or anything... it just shows Vodafone in place of Hutch
Though in manual network selection the options are stil Hutch, Airtel, Idea, and Dolphin

azzu

AJJU
i just bought a new hutch prepaid SIM (notice: hutch not vodafone)
the SIM was white total white with no logo no text 360 degree plain ill post a pic
if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom